16th Fixture: December 26, 2012 - Norwich City FC v. Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good to know that this team can take and hold a lead against a top ten team away from home without Lamps. Given his age, if he is renewed (and I hope he is), it will be necessary to pick his spots. Been a lot of reliance on Frank lately and the team needs to believe they can win without him on the pitch from the start.

Not the most comfortable win perhaps, but handled most of the possession and kept Norwich to far fewer chances than we created.

Solid 3 points and a gritty effort. Will definitely take that.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    all about picking up points over the Christmas period

2 matches- 6 points

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3 points. I am happy....

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thought Cahill was outstanding

several good, and a few great tackles, and kept a very organised and tidy back line

JediSoccer and lobomojo repped this.
  5. The Other MJ

The Other MJ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Considering we were playing on three days rest, a more subdued performance was always likely. It would have been nice to have grabbed a second, but as others have already said, it is all about the points at this time of year.

Everton away in four days will be tough. I'm glad we were not really pushed today and escaped injury and suspension-free.

6. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Our last two away wins have come against sides that Manc clubs have lost to, good resolve in this side.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    interesting that Piazon and Ake have made their League debuts in the past two fixtures as well

8. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree. He made some last ditch efforts that likely saved us from conceding. Definitely today's unsung hero and my MOTM.

lobomojo repped this.
  9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very good to see.

Also, I believe this we have a 100% record with Luiz playing some sort of midfield role recently? If I were to summarize him, I would say he takes plenty off the table but puts more on it. I still don't start him against United yet, but I love him buzzing around the place and he's a real handful for the opposition who really would prefer to spend their time watching OHM.

I am liking the use of OHM and only starting 2 of the 3. It was getting to be draining on them to start together week in week out. This rotation is going to be far more effective when it comes to the second half of the campaign.

Everton away will be a massive test of where we are and I am saying this, I will take the point if you offered it to me right now.

Walter3000 and The Other MJ repped this.
  10. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3 points. Good stuff. With one game less than the others, we're 3rd in the table.

11. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    If only we could take all 3 points against Everton on Sunday... excellent end to 2012 if we can get them.

12. iGod

iGod Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Azpilicueta has really shown himself to be a very good defender. His awareness and positioning are excellent. If he can continue to improve his attacking side without compromising in defence he will be a very good player in the future.

lobomojo, Wrath and The Other MJ repped this.
  13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So he's better than Bosingwa is what your saying. What madness is this!?!?

The Other MJ repped this.
  14. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    I'm so glad I no longer have to hear that name associated with Chelsea.

jcm28 repped this.
  15. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Bosingwa used to be at one point one of the best RB in the EPL but he really regressed after injuries. Glad we have Azpilicueta now.