PBP: 12/13 Copa del Rey Semifinal: Leg 1 | Real Madrid v FC Barcelona | 30 Jan 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think you misunderstood what I meant by overhead chip. I realize that pointing out any potential room for improvements as taboo on this forum, but I am a big fan of Messi's. He neglects the right flank often and if he could make the pass to that side more itd add to his game thats all. Loosen up.

And yes that pass in the .gif that resulted in a loss of posession wasn't effective.

Hendrixforpope repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi learning new tricks? That would be cool but how many goal he has scored? if Messi skill isnt enough, who actually had enough skill? He's not player that use so many circus trick like Maradona and Ronaldinho, and he dont need that

Mind you we have played Real madrid 4 times this season and Messi has scored 4 against them. Only in this game he failed to score, but still assisted nonetheless.

Not offside

Check out 1:44 & 4:56, its obvious foul on Messi and he should been in goalscoring position

3. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    4:56?? Varane looks to get a touch on the ball first so not sure it's an obvious foul or one at all actually. The Essien one would delight EPL fans tho.

Also what's up with these Messi tirade after the game, Ronaldo didn't score and even he didn't freak out ha.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

now stop making yourself looks like beyond stupid;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jfcule and puyol repped this.
  5. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mesis should stomped on Cav's hand and said ''whoops''

6. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo didn't freak out. Check out the play where he missed the open goal with the header. Pinto goes to see if he is OK help him up and swats Pinto away. Hhahahahaahah

You know why Messi was pissed ... Arbeloa and Alonso gave him a "friendly" slap on the face during the game.

8. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I wouldn't call that a slap. Wonder if the opinion would be the same if Ronaldo was to do it to Alves or something similar after a game? It's just funny to me how it's still prolly gna be portrayed with messi showing being the innocent one lol.

Laaura repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a slap, but in the heat of the game, you don't touch a player's face like that unless you trying to provoke him. That's not a friendly gesture by any means. I am not justifying whatever Messi did after the game, just giving you the reason.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry ... the Ronaldo play I was referring to wasn't the missed header. It was the one where Pique gave the sliding tackle clearance.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi set up barca away goal, Ronaldo must be freak out that Pique is now dominating him again

12. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My comment wasnt meant as an attack on Messi, who I see as probably the best player ever. And I only say probably because I haven't seen Pele play.

Its apparent you haven't seen my comments either and that's okay but you wouldn't accuse me of saying Messi needs to do "circus tricks" to get better if you saw my posts bashing circus tricks and defending Messis style of dribbling on the 'best dribbler ever' thread.

Just remember that no player is completely perfect and no player will ever be completely perfect (they aren't God). I am merely pointing out that Messi cuts in to the left and goes for the left winger running down often, and that if he made a pass to the wingers running down the right flank more, it would add to his game, making him that much more of a threat. I'll post more examples.

13. rmng

rmng Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    so messi was bossing madrid players after the game? I say good job messi! you don't slap the best player in the world and get away with it!

14. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Funny how the journalists don't have any real proof of this while when Mourinho did it, there were actually pictures of him in the street waiting for the referee to get to his car.

And he apparently spit in Ronaldo's direction, but not at him. All I can say is find Messi and arrest him now.

Seriously. Messi is no saint by any means except for the talents in football he showcases to the world and he has been growing into being a bit more demanding and not afraid to speak up, but this is pointless from the people who have started this doghunt on him. The quote I provided in the thread tells you everything is fake, they want to tarnish his image with lies, meaning they'll say just about anything to make sure everyone hates Messi. As I said then, good luck with that.

Where's the witch hunt for the racism thrown at Alves during the game? You know, something that actually happend.

15. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are you kidding? This is a great opportunity for them to shift the focus away from the sh*t storm of issues with LPB.

16. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    That's all they really can do and will work on making sure it happens. This is all a sign that Mourinho is staying beyond this season though, since this is what he loves to do and he's doing it again after not doing so at the start of the season.

17. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    God I hope you're wrong. This is how I envision his team speech before games.

inswinger, MailMan, puyol and 1 other person repped this.
  18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    So those confrontations didn't actually happen, and this is just another one of their BS stories to deflect attention away from their own failings? is that what you're saying? (i'm not challenging you, just want clarification)

but if this is a personal attack to discredit messi's image...it doesn't seem very effective?? i mean, my first reaction to the story was 'good for him!' the game's long over and arbeloa is still playing the coward hiding behind is wife and unborn. and if he did call karanka 'mou's puppet' i again say 'good for messi' cuz it's true!

I fail to see how this story - whether it's true or false - has any impact on messi's, or barca's, overall standing in the game. if they were actually conspiring to that kind of dirty attack (again) their standards have really dropped compared to all the other BS accusations they've thrown our way during mou's reign; i'm thinking of the doping accusations, the calendar fixes, all the various referee scandals, the UEFAlona/UNICEFFalona, racism claims agains busquets, and on and on ......

19. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We all know if Ronaldo did this you guys would be starting a shit storm over this. How pathetic.

20. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jordi Alba has confirmed Messi met with Arbeloa after the game. Do you guys believe your own player?

21. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Who cares if it's true? LPB players think they can get away with whatever they want during a game, and that "what happens on the field stays on the field" bullsh*t. Arbeloa's just a sensitive * that got called out by Messi.

celito repped this.
  22. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh...is that so? What about that Mourinho parking lot incident? You guys went crazy over that? Give me a break.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo would do it because he is a primma donna, Messi did it because he was provoked ;)

inswinger and os_mutante repped this.
  24. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Refs are different. They don't physically come after you during a game. Arbeloa, Alonso, Pepe, Ramos, Callejon, Coentrao......on the other hand.

evil_allan repped this.
  25. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, whoooo cares.

Don't forget my fave, the doctored footage that proved Pepe didn't hack Alves in the CL.