PBP: 12/13 Copa del Rey Semifinal: Leg 1 | Real Madrid v FC Barcelona | 30 Jan 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Liga is the priority every season, and after that comes CL. Those are two big important competitions. Anything else is extra, including CdR. That said: when we meet LPB, it's always serious and important no matter the competition.

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm trying not to be too greedy and realistic.:D

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That'd be nice but it has been tough to do against RM lately. They seem to always be the ones who apply the pressure in the first 15-20 mins. Probably because of their physicality. Then they tire out and only pressure sporadically. I don't think we can overpower them in that part of the game. Our game is just a lot more methodical. We just need to be careful with the ball during those 15-20 mins. Their best chances come from us losing the ball halfway into our own field. The less we get dispossessed close to our goal, the less chances to score they will get.

inswinger repped this.
  4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah yeah I get that, just saying CL comes ahead of CdR in importance irregardless of how we do in them. So, CL as "bonus"? Nah, more like one of two major measure sticks of how good we are. CdR? Bonus, kinda.

5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The title is the most important one to win, imho, then the CL, but realistically I think we have more chance of winning the CDR than the CL. But I'd be happy with the treble, I won't complain, honest. :p

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The title, like, the Liga title? I agree.

More chance of CdR than CL? I agree. Which is more or less to admit there are teams outside of Spain who might beat Barca. And of course we ain't in the CL semis yet.

Also I'd be happy to see us win the treble as well.

7. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I want the treble this season simple as that, anything less then we should call ourselves Real Madrid ;)

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Darn it, we have no chance of the treble now, Beckham has signed for PSG.;)

9. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First Drogba signed for Galatasry and now this, what everyone over 35 nows waits until any crappy team is on the latter stages of the champions league and then joins to play in it :rolleyes:

Gordon Bennit

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i remember gabby milito dishing it out a few times as well.

one thing that hasn't been mentioned much here is the fact that we managed to get a result from the bernabeu without our coach. i think there were times where the team did lack a little confidence and direction, and were a bit too eager to race forward and attack when it might have been wiser to slow the game down to our usual controlled pace. nothing against roura, but i do think tito's presence on the sidelines was missed by the players.

Gilmango and os_mutante repped this.
  11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Galata and PSG ain't "crappy teams". Besides it's not like they have to prove anything to anyone anymore. Playing "retired football" in CL round of 16, living in Paris or Istanbul isn't too bad I'd say.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair, Drogba is probably going to actually play for Galatasary, where are Beckham will warm the PSG bench (whilst picking up a few million quid), get them loads and loads of publicity whilst his wife is out visitng the lovely Paris shops.

13. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Bada Bing Maybe you can agree with me here, but Messi cutting in to go left and looking for the pass on the left wing has become too predictable, if you notice as soon as he starts cutting to the left the defense shifts in anticipation of him passing that way, which he almost always does. If you notice the area I highlighted often has open players ready to make runs in better positions than the left wing option he goes for. If he can expand his vision, cut to the left to draw the defense that way, then do an overhead chip going the other way, he'll be 100% unstoppable.

14. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good point. Notwithstanding the Real Sociedad demolition, there has been a little bit of a January slump in form with all of Tito's absences and various babies being born.

15. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Will Tito be back by end of Feb?

16. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    He'll be back on Friday or Saturday, but will leave again mid-February to complete his treatment.

17. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Seems like a lot of LPB's counters could have been prevented with better passing. I saw many many times where we misplaced passes (even in our own half!) LPB grabs the ball and instantly has a scoring chance. Here's an idea for the next game - Look where your * passing the ball and stop trying to make cute passes in our own half. If we can manage that Crynaldo and co. won't have nearly as many chances. :thumbsup:

Granted LPB (especially Varane) played well, but I attribute most of that from us making them look good.

18. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Also, it's funny these last few years how much LPB have resorted to kicking our players, stepping on them, punching them, etc. You know this Barca is amazing when such a talented side as LPB have to resort to these thug tactics when playing us. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That or hope a Barca player makes a bad pass so they can counterattack.

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Solid analysis. I mean clearly Messi isn't effective and has to learn new tricks. Would be SWEET if he'd learn to do an overhead chip.

inswinger and Hendrixforpope repped this.
  22. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am thinking of going to the Camp Nou on 27th Feb to watch the match for 220 Euros which include the below
    Bus transfer to Camp Nou Stadium
    Gift Scarf
    Camp Nou Experience
    Free drink
    I will see what cheap hotel I can find on the route for this bus transfer and flight since I live in England

Hendrixforpope repped this.
  23. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Typical scammers, charging money for free drink.

Sounds like a nice package though.

24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I did just go the El Clasico in August when we drew 2-2

or for 164 Euros there is AC Milan which only includes
    Bus transfer to Camp Nou Stadium (Cost: 35€)
    Camp Nou Experience (Tour Stadium + Museum) (Cost: 23€)

I think next year I might go to El clasico in RM ground and see if they is a section for away fans

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually their physical strength it's not the only reason but the roots of our game has been a short passing move, but that doesn't change the fact we can if we want to be slightly more direct... like Messi solo chance (which he was actually double fouled) and Pedro chance by outpacing his marker, we can actually give them trouble the same way they did to us. We're actually more predictable when we make sideway pass to Alves and wait him to cross the ball. It works well against other team but not Real defense. Even tiki taka near the box hardly work against them these days, Messi assist to Cesc came from their poor clearence.