11/08(7:30): East SF L2: New York v D.C. [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MasterShake29, Nov 4, 2012.

1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Dax part 2! Would need to improve his distribution though

2. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. kid does have good work ethic and I think he will get better.

cfbest04 repped this.
  3. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you remember the last Argentinian we signed
    [​IMG]

I dont care what nationality our players are, just make sure they are good.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    So ********ing furious right now. ******** Marquez, ******** Backe, ******** Henry, ******** the linesman - ********ing ********.

Thomas A Fina repped this.
  5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    He doesn't give a shit he wanted off. ******** him.

Can't wait until he's gone and Backe is fired.

6. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Blessing in disguise? We had an easy route to hosting the finals - so angry.

7. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why the ******** does Miller come on? Why the ******** is he even near the ball on a free kick? Why the ******** is he taking it? Then the other half of the dynamic duo, Marquez. Are you ********ing kidding? These two rejects have cost us way to much.

8. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Even if Henry is injured, its just a free kick... baffling shit with that decision, would love to hear who made that call because that's usually entirely Henry's to make.

9. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ives

Love Cooper for that and hope he is back next year. Just need to get some athleticism in this squad and plane tickets for a couple guys out of town

10. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm telling you right now. He's going to be our Miller 2.0. Passable during the regular season. A good game here or there and then a bunch of "what the f#ck were you thinking" moments. We could do much better. Without even having to spend a DP.

Tonight was not Cooper's fault by a long shot. He played very well.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lade has 2 things you can't teach. An incredible work ethic and good control of the ball. Passing and decision making are things that only improve with experience.

Now that doesn't mean he will improve in those areas. Only that he is likely to. Certainly I would hold onto him. He could be an outstanding wide mid or outside back once he gets more playing time under his belt. And I don't think he's so talented that European scouts are going to come begging for his services.

12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy route??? Lmao. Houston would have eliminated NY if they had advanced.

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You saved me the trouble of writing exactly this... on the money analysis! Repped.

15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I don't fault him at all for missing the 2nd PK. He did what he needed to do on the 1st one but TH14 ruined it... inexplicably.

I thought Cooper showed great spirit and caused them lots of disruption tonite. He was a bright spot, even if he didn't have too many great chances from open play.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I didn't say we'd beat you I said its an easy route - 1 series against the last team and you're hosting isn't an opportunity you get every season. Yeah your team is hot and yeah we still might have lost but it was a great opportunity.

17. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    I know man, I know. During the actaul game, emotionally, I found myself wanting this win BADLY.

Today, it just seems like a fitting end to another clusterf@ck season of Red Bull soccer. A second leg of plastic shovels, encroachment calls, Rafa with the red, the defense leaving guys unmarked and of course, and Miller time.

Its time to throw the Backe experiment into the trash heap and bring in the next fool to inevitably achieve the same pathetic result in a new fresh style.

18. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    LOVE Coop. He not an all around great striker but given some service the guy knows how to find the back of net. Plays with heart. Always positive body language. Tries like a mutha.

A True metro...

cfbest04 repped this.
  19. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    No question...

Question for everyone.... Did at any point this season did you watch this team and say, "hey, this really looks like a Championship team"?

I am not sure why anyone would be saying "hey" to themselves but that is besides the point. BUT answer is most likely NO.

This was a collection of probably the best ever talent in MLS. They were also were just an average inconsistent team.

20. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    fuk that ref ... these are playoff teams in a playoff game ... the keeper clearly deserved to be shown the RED .. very very unfair as Cooper would have scored if he had not been wiped out by the keeper.. and then the ref says that the NY players left too early on Coopers penalty.. FUK THAT SHIT.. if i were a NY fan I would be LIVID and wanting fuking blood.. that ref has blood on his hands as far as i'm concerned, fuk him ! oh and there was a hand ball in the first half that this fuker missed as well.. what a joke!

21. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    The more you talk, the more of a fool you reveal yourself to be.

Apologists like you really nauseate me. I wish there was a way I could ban you from being a fan of my club.

Instead of just repeating the same "U R NOT A FAN" label over aand over and over; why not expand out and actually refute something I say. I might still think you are a bit dopey, but at least I might haver a little respect for ya.

22. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Of all the METRO baffoonery this week, this was the most amazing.

Incredibly fitting end to the this season. Season on the line, one last chance to stay alive, Henry sets up over the ball with potential heroics at his gifted feet. Then, out of no where, ROY F'in MILLER leans in and skies the thing into the upper deck. Stunning. Only on Planet METRO.

Has Roy ever even scored a goal??? Ever?????

Wait, wait, he did. He has scored.. He put it into the back of our own goal in leg 1. PRICELESS.

This makes those plastic used to clear a soccer field during a Nor'easter seem like genius.

What a buch of FOOLS!

theENFORCER repped this.
  23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Miller scored in the Emirates Cup didn't he?

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    It's not on Rafa. His 'calf' tightened up on the play.

theENFORCER and RedBullFootball repped this.
  25. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post is full of win. Couldn't have said it better myself