11/08(7:30): East SF L2: New York v D.C. [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MasterShake29, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The Red Bulls in the playoffs are like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

2. MetroMLS

MetroMLS Member

NYCFC
    Chile
    Mar 24, 1999
    Miford, CT
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same old Metro, players ejected, missed penalty kicks.
    It's going to be a loooong winter! :unsure:

3. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He wont be next season, 100% guaranteed.

4. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair Lindpere was not all bad memories, but he is now washed up.

cfbest04 repped this.
  5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Is the love affair with Connor Lade done with yet?

6. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    He's not a great back, never has been. Wide mid is where he should've been playing.

7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Miller almost had it there for a second because no one saw it coming not even the guy that got smacked with the ball in the parking lot.

cfbest04 repped this.
  8. Den1412

Den1412 Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Once again, FU*K YOU RAFA MARQUEZ! i blame everything on this douchebag! never seen in my life a stupid player like him FUC* YOUUUUU

Hachiko, cfbest04 and Chupacabra repped this.
  9. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rafa Marquez is stealing money for the Red Bulls...is there any way they can get him off the books?

10. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think the love affair has been over for months, everybody knows by now that he's a bush league defender. The problem is that if Barklage is injured there aren't any better options.

11. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    His possession sucks. He was a turnover machine. It would be worse in the midfield.

12. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm really hoping there is some clause in his contract that would allow us to release him based on lack of games played or for disciplinary reasons.

13. cfbest04

cfbest04 New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lade is rookie, he made a dumb rookie mistake. They lost because of missed opportunities all night, dumb moves during a PK, dumb slide tackle by Marquez and Henry giving the last kick to Miller. They had numerous chances to be up by multiple goals and blew it. You can't hold a rookie defender responsible for a poor showing by the offense.

14. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Conde?

15. SteveK

SteveK Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Marquez lost the match as far as im concerned, sure the encroachment on the pk was a bummer but 11 v 10 DC bunkers down and pretty much plays for penalties....to give up that man advantage immediately is a disgrace...a tackle that simply didnt need to be made and demonstrated no match awareness. The match basically went from impossible to lose back to 50/50 within a crazy minute.

shepchews and cfbest04 repped this.
  16. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.. Sweet.

After that missed PK you had to figure that we were going to find a way to lose the game, its only in our nature. You can't even blame Cooper as he did his job and sinked the first one, the call shouldn't have counted anyways but that's another story.

As for Rafa Marquez he can drown in a ditch. I hope you guys know why I rate Ruthven so highly now.. Say what you want about Ruthven but he wouldn't have ********ed us over in the worst possible spot and it's only fitting for Marquez to screw us over in the worst possible way. It's like he wants us to lose. I can't even believe there are people on this board who rated Marquez over players like Ruthven or Keel, I'll take Ruthven or Keel any day over Marquez.

Why didn't Backe make any subs earlier? Why did Tainio go the full game when we have players like Le Toux or Solli on the bench? Why didn't Backe sub in a CB when Marquez ********ed us over? Why is some one like Dax constantly in the box when a true offensive player should be in that position?

ugh

17. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Whatever is going on with Conde its serious enough to keep him off the roster entirely, who knows what reason that is. Past that you have Solli, who has proven time and again that he's equally inept at defending, and Pearce, who looked equally awful in the one game he played at RB this season.

18. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    We need to just take responsibility for this. Like Iced said, "1) Mark Geiger has called back penalties for encroachment this season, everybody knows this and everybody also knows that Cooper stutter steps, yet 3 players rush the net on the left side anyway..."

And they were pretty much level with Cooper and the referee by the time the ball was kicked. No way that's not getting called. It's understandable to be disappointed and think of radical changes tonight, but there's going to be a lot of time for that. Hopefully whomever the office has in mind to replace Backe will take us in the right direction.

cfbest04 repped this.
  19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Atleast if we hold out until extra time we can dictate the game and get a late winner or try to win in penalty shootout..

But it's Rafa Marquez.. He was probably tired so he probably wanted to get out of the game as soon as possible.

21. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Ah, forgot about Solli. I'd have taken him over Lade at back all season. He's had at least a bunch of good-great games there.

22. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    As for Marquez, I honestly cannot think of another reason why he would attempt that tackle. Its not even like its a last ditch effort, it was in DC's half of the damn field!!! He didn't even looked like he cared, which is probably because he didn't.

The only bad decision Backe made with the subs was not taking off Rafa immediately after their red card. Other than that everybody, including Tainio, looked sharp at the 90 minute mark all I trust Le Toux to do at this point is give the ball away.

23. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In hindsight probably the right call, but that last time I stuck up for Solli on defense was before the Montreal game where he was single handedly responsible for two goals so I'm paranoid about doing it again lol

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    This fellow is a big jerk...he have Conde ready and he kick him benched on a game like this, this mad man not deserve anything else that a keep on the ass one for every one of the players and fans....

25. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

1. Marquez idiotic fouls and red card.
    2. A bad turnover by our lead footed CB (per usual) leading to the dc goal.
    3. And to cap it all off another Miller-tastic moment send us home.

If the fans can see this shit coming a mile away why can't ownership/management.

cfbest04 repped this.