1. FSV Mainz 05 2011/12 - Back in Europe!

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Don Heiteli, Jun 23, 2011.

1. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

According to this kicker article, 1. FSV Mainz 05 has signed South Korean international left back Joo-Ho Park from FC Basel.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    1-1 tie against Nürnberg on Friday (Dec 6).

Only goal for Mainz scored by Okazaki in the 75th min. Choupo-Moting had a chance to win it in the final 10 mins but his weak attempt went straight towards the GK.

Stefan Bell has been really steady at CB recently. Also had a crucial save off the goal line during the game.

Manager Tuchel seems to really like Benedikt Saller who came on for Zimling. He's been coming off the bench as a sub quite regularly since he's been promoted. Though Malli should have been brought in to provide more offensive impact.

4. $crooge

$crooge Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Mainz, Germany
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This thread's title is spot on again! Back to Euope! I hope we can finally make it to the group stage...

I can't eally enjoy the Euro League qualification yet though, as Tuchel seems to be on his way out. If so, I hope Heidel and Strutz can come up with a good replacement. I think many players are in Mainz in part or even mainly because of Tuchel. They need to find a coach not too different to him. Someone who is great with young players.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any rumors on where Tuchel is going?

6. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    What good would that do? According to sueddeutsche.de Mainz had the highest average age in the Bundesliga both 2012/13 and 13/14 and according to transfermarkt.de 9 of the 10 oldest starting 11s this season were fielded by Mainz with the record being 29,73! ;)

7. MonsieuL

MonsieuL Member

Mainz 05
    Germany
    Apr 20, 2014
    SAARLAND
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    Deutscher Meister wird nur der FSV!!

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Mainz win 1-0 vs Greek club Asteras Tripolis in the first leg of Europa League 3rd round qualification. Shinji Okazaki scored in the 45th min for the home team. This also marks the first competitive match with new coach Kasper Hjulmand. Mainz next travel to Greece for the return leg on August 7.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

panicfc repped this.
  9. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Only 18000 showed up for the first match ... no love for European Cup in Mainz?

10. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Well, that was another very short visit to the outskirts of Europe. Time to let this thread sink down to the bottom of the boards again...

Cris 09 repped this.
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup...

12. ElGhazi21

ElGhazi21 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Clearly missed Nicolai Muller and Choupo-Moting's firepower. Okazaki not good enough to play lone striker