1. FC Nürnberg 2013-14 Der Club nach oben

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Footy Magoo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Mixed reviews on Campana. He had some good plays offensively, with a couple of decent shots on net. But that turnover was a huge error that costed us the second goal.

2. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #227 Brandko, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Schäfer with some big saves early on keeps us leveled so far. Hamburg throwing some fast attacks at us. Their set piece plays also causing us trouble.

Feulner hits the post. 22nd time this season that FCN has hit the woodwork according to commentator. Just can't catch a break. :mad:

EDIT: 0-0 HT but entertaining first half. Kiyotake had a nice chance, with a deflected shot that almost fooled Adler on the far post.

Epitome990 repped this.
  3. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Damn 2-1 for HSV but so close and what an ending.

Campana with a striking free kick saved by Adler at the end of extra time. Drmic great finish to pull us closer late in the match. Schäfer was our best player today and kept us in the game for the most part with save after save. Calhanouglu had quite a brilliant performance, a constant threat who deserved that goal. Damn...if it wasn't for that drasted own goal.

Epitome990 repped this.
  4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only got to watch about 15 minutes. Didn't HSV hit a post as well?

Drmic - I love that dude!

5. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Yes, I believe so. I think it may have been Calhanouglu hitting a post in the 2nd half. Hamburg did have a lot of good chances and kept pressuring. Calhanouglu was involved in the majority of their attacks.

6. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Today is a must win. Stuttgart won their match, which means trouble for us. Currently in 17th spot. We seriously need those 3 points today.

Campana back in the starting XI playing alongside Kiyotake, Drmic. Not overly convinced with Pekhart up top but we need a good game from everyone and to play with a sense of urgency to win.

7. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #232 Brandko, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    *facepalm Pogetetz

C'mon guys gotta fight back now...

2 possessions now where Drmic gets forward on the wing with good space but he needs support in the centre. Pekhart nowhere near him to help out.

Also, Petrak subbed out. Didn't seem alright after getting hit in the face. Report is it may be a suspected concussion. Hopefully he'll be okay...Balitsch in for him

8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    For 2nd goal, Pinola made the mistake of playing him onside.

Down 3-0 off that tap in and questionably offside...rubbish! :mad:

9. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #234 Brandko, Mar 23, 2014
    WOW! Drmic what a strike! That was a sweet touch as well to control that pass.

Let's go!!

Niklas Stark so close for a 2nd!

3-2 Grande Campana!!

Epitome990 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Now that was nice. Class technique on both goals.! :thumbsup:

Brandko repped this.
  11. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #236 Brandko, Mar 23, 2014
    RC Pinola. Looked like a Joselu dive on those replays.

**** well that's game. Off another crappy rebound tap in too. :rolleyes:

12. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  13. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Bad news for Petrak. He's suffered a concussion and broken nose after getting elbowed in the face. Right now he's looking uncertain for that Wednesday match up against Stuttgart.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    \
    Sweet pass, phenomenal finish.

15. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #240 Brandko, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    2-0 win against Stuttgart. Drmic what can I say. Hero again, 2 more goals 15 on the season. Crucial 3 points, also gives us bit of breathing space. The midfield was really in control. Niklas Stark also had a good game playing at CB today.

[​IMG]

panicfc repped this.
  16. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Hamburg lost yesterday so now is our opportunity to go ahead. Leverkusen is going to be a challenge today but we must use our home advantage and give it all we have.

17. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Goal!! Plattenhardt stunning free kick. 1-1

18. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Kiyotake needs to do better with finishing. Great opportunity to score but his shot was easily saved. Leverkusen takes the lead mins later.

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relegation is in the cards.

Drmic will leave. Probably a few others.

20. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    The final 3 games are against Mainz (A), Hannover (H), and Schalke (A). Not an easy task to accomplish but we'll need as many points as possible and some luck along the way. VfB have extended their lead, so looks like it'll be mainly us and HSV for 16th and relegation playoff. HSV has to play Augsburg, Bayern, and Mainz.

21. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Verbeek has been fired. The U23 coach Roger Prinzen will take over for rest of the season with Marek Mintal as assistant.

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Mintal have his pro badge yet?

Does Bader get any grief for the team's run the past few years?

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    All for naught and Der Club goes down in flames and will be playing in Second Division next year. Incredibly after the 22nd week they were in 12th place with 23 points and 5 points away from the relegation slots and 4 points away from the relegation playoff slot, they then snagged only 3 points out of the remaining 36 to crash out of the BL. Sad day indeed and at this point not knowing who the new signings will be do not feel too confident that they will be back in the BL for the 2015-16 season.

24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nürnberg is really getting torn apart on the transfer market. The team will be unrecognizable next season.

Drmic, Feulner, Hasebe, Plattenhardt, Chandler and probably a couple I forgot to mention are already gone.

25. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    The relegation release clause has allowed too many of the players to leave for cheap. Kiyotake and Ginczek should be next to be sold. It's a difficult task but management is bringing in new players from around the second liga and young guys to rebuild.

FCN sign Jakub Sylvestr

[​IMG]

1. FC Nürnberg have secured the services of last season's second-league top goalscorer Jakub Sylvestr. The Slovak comes to Nürnberg from FC Erzgebirge Aue