1. FC Nürnberg 2013-14 Der Club nach oben

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Footy Magoo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Der club needs a more current thread than the previous one. I posted a comment to the old thread so I'll just copy that here to get things going....

Marek Mintal is back with the club as an assistant coach. The hero returns.

Daniel Ginczek, new signing from BVB for 1.5 mil, who had 18 goals for St. Pauli last season, has been given Mintal's #11 shirt.

Wiesinger gets an opportunity to begin the season in charge so we shall see if he makes any changes in style of play and how the new players fit in.

Players in so far:
    Daniel Ginczek
    Nick Weber
    Martin Angha
    Mariusz Stepinski

Players out so far:
    Timmy Simons
    Sebastian Polter

P.S.- I miss @cilli26 . She hasn't been around for awhile and always had interesting info to share being that she lived in the area.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I invited my buddy Hammer over here. He's a local and will be posting info over here for us.

3. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice!

Too bad Simons gone. A man that was a definition of a rock. Respect Der Club for giving in to his request to return to his home club to finish his career. Ginczek could be a shrewd signing. Team has lacked a decent striker for ages. Pekhart isn't it. Polter wasn't either. Interested to see if they can build on a nice ruckrunde and implement the new trainer's philosophies with the additional time.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article about the deal shown below is just what Nürnberg needs. Another "funf millionen 'Franken'" LMAO!! I'm pretty sure they mean "funf millionen EUROS!"

Great deal Herr Bader! Wolfsburg proves to be even dumber with Allofs......
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++​

1. FCN Sends Defender Timm Klose To Wolfsburg

[​IMG]

Swiss international central defender Timm Klose has been sold to VfL Wolfsburg to join the coach who brought him to 1. FC Nürnberg, Dieter Hecking. In exchange for Klose, VfL Wolfsburg sends Austrian international central defender Emmanuel Pogatetz and 5M Euros to Nürnberg.

Click here for an article on the deal in German.
    +++++++++++++​

I think moves like this are why despite having Volkswagen's money behind them, VfL Wolfsburg is still a very mediocre club. I like Timm Klose and think he's better than Emmanuel Pogatetz. But Klose isn't 5M Euros better than Pogatetz. And while Pogatetz is definitely a red card waiting to happen, his toughness and leadership are two things FCN desperately needs.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 million - good business.

Pogatetz - hopefully they have someone else ready to step in. Great to be tough, but hard to be a leader when you make foolish plays and dumb fouls.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That he does. Red card waiting to happen. However, it isn't all the time. While I realize Klose is indeed the better player, I just don't think he's 5M Euros better. That's all.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe... having to pay Pogi might be the difference, probably has a much higher salary.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I doubt it. Not with FCN's money issues.

Players don't go to FCN expecting to be paid well. No matter what their names are or what they've been paid in the past.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things happen we will never know.

10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad for Der Club. Can't hang onto any quality player for more than a year. Klose was dropped middle of the previous season after a big blunder and never made it back into the side. One year later, after a good season he is sold. The year before Wollscheid was sold. Not sure how Nurnberg can ever build and grow as a club when they are so eager to sell. As soon as anyone is interested they let them go. I know there are money issues and the team is happy to just stay in the Bundesliga, but it is a little perplexing the finances. It is a super old stadium so there can't be any debt from it. They don't sell out regularly, but still average 40k+ fans. Why is their monetary situation so poor?

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Decades of mismanagement.

panicfc repped this.
  12. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Plus Nürnberg's (the city) economic situation and development over the past decades wasn't exactly great. The environment is lacking despite more than half a million people living in the area. They lack wealthy long-term partners and sponsorship deals with big corporations.

Well and as mentioned the stadium isn't really competitive. Meanwhile the city is very hesitant to invest major money for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure. From their point of view there is a stadium in Nürnberg and if FCN wants more they should pay for it.

At least they are debt free and have some room to act. That's much better than five years ago.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The stadium has a long history, but according to wikipedia it was modernized in 2003 to prepare it for Confed Cup 2005 and World Cup 2006. According to the artcle there were also some construction works in the recent years. So the stadium should be in general modern.

Other factors are the number of VIP lounges and if the club receives money from selling the stadium rights or if there are other companies involved that get a piece of the cake.

14. BullMoose

BullMoose Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditch the track. That thing is hideous.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was. It's been modernized twice since the early 90s. I was living just north of Nuernberg in Erlangen when it was first done.

The stadium isn't an issue in Nuernberg. Frankenstadion is one of the better stadiums in the league. They may not make as much as Bayern or some other clubs on "suites", but not many clubs do. I've been in the VIP area of Frankenstadion a number of times. It's good.

16. Hammer1968

Hammer1968 Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
  17. Hammer1968

Hammer1968 Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    First Round / DFB-Pokal 2013/2014
    Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8.30pm (german time), SV Sandhausen-1.FCN

The first five games from the Bundesliga season 2013/2014 are scheduled.

1. Matchday, Saturday August 10th 2o13, 3.30pm (german time), 1899 Hoffenheim-1.FCN
    2. Matchday, Sunday, August 18th 2013, 3.30pm (german time), 1.FCN-Hertha BSC
    3. Matchday, Saturday, August 24th 2013, 3.30pm (german time), FC Bayern Munich-1.FCN
    4. Matchday, Saturday, August 31st 2013, 3.30pm (german time), 1.FCN-FC Augsburg
    5. Matchday, Sunday, September 15th 2013, 5.30pm (german time), Braunschweig-1.FCN

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice first post!

19. Hammer1968

Hammer1968 Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg