1. FC Köln 2011/2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by DoctorK, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish I could share your optimism! But I'm looking forward to many changes taking place in this club. If we allow ourselves the time to rebuild and to develop young talent, we will eventually return to the top flight.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't feel this way because I expect you guys to spend money to come up again. I think you guys have a good enough roster to finish in the top two in the 2. Liga next season.

I think your remaining players will become a more cohesive TEAM with the diva b!tch gone and will play with pride and passion once again.

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I expect Hertha and Cologne to finish in the top 2 easily.

4. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get the love for Koln's roster. They have made terrible acquisitions. I don't think Solbakken was to blame at all. He could do nothing with a group of players who should never have been in the BL 1. McKenna, Brecko, Clemens, Eichner, Lanig, Jajalo, Chong Tese :)D), etc. These guys are mid table BL 2 players. I think Koln will struggle to go up next season. Hertha has a much better chance. Superior roster and they landed the better trainer.

5. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No offence, but you are lumping everyone together. Lanig is a good player , and I'd be very happy for him to stay. Clemens has his limitations, of course, but he's a homegrown talent, and we can't let all of those go away. As to McKenna, most FC fans have great respect for him. Always gives his all for the club, and a great fighter. I agree about us struggling next season, though.

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Shocking what happened at Collogne. Kevin Pezzoni was massively attacked by "fans", last years in a disco some idiots already broke his nose, now idiots waited in front of his house and terrorized him. As a result he quit his contract.

FC Collogne published an open letter to the fans. Hopefully the normal fans stand up against such "fans" and bring the FC back on the right track and kick these f*cking m*rons out of the club.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    *BUMP*

Big match about to start. A win away to St. Pauli would move Cologne to at least fifth position in the table, six points behind Kaiserslautern for the 'relegationspiele' spot.

8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Halftime
    St. Pauli 0-1 Köln
    Clemens with a sweet free kick in off the post after just two minutes, and St. Pauli reduced to ten men minutes before the break. :)

9. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hectic finish but Köln manage to hold on. Number of wasted chances to increase the lead, St. Pauli showed tremendous grit and could've equalized themselves but they ultimately finished the match with nine men.
    So six points behind Kaiserslautern for the playoff spot although Lautern do have a much better goal difference.

10. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. FC Köln won 1-0 at St. Pauli tonight and are just six points out of the relegation playoff spot.

They are undefeated in their last ten 2. BL matches.

Who was writing them off earlier in the season?? ;)

11. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Damnit!! Where is the neg rep when you need it?! :mad:

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol What happened?

Btw, another quality win for Cologne on Friday, 2:0 against fellow playoff chasers Union Berlin.
    3 points behind Lautern who are still to play on Monday away to Hertha.
    Next week Köln will be away to FSV Frankfurt, another one fighting for that third place playoff spot.
    This is getting quite interesting. :cool:

13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hertha takes the lead midway through the second half. :)
    Hertha 1:0 Kaiserslautern

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Late goal by Clemens salvages a 1:1 draw away to FSV Frankfurt.
    Opportunity missed since Kaiserslautern had also drawn on Saturday (0:0 home to Bochum).
    Fingers crossed for next with Köln home to ninth place Paderborn (although they're only five points behind Köln) while Kaiserslautern are away to Braunschweig. :)

Found this poll being conducted on the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger website:
    Der Rückstand des 1. FC Köln auf den Relegationsplatz schrumpft von Spieltag zu Spieltag. Ist die aktuelle FC-Mannschaft überhaupt reif für die Erste Bundesliga?
    39% Ja, der 1. FC Köln gehört in die 1. Liga und hat auch das Potenzial dazu.
    61% Nein, es ist noch zu früh. Der FC sollte eine weitere Saison in der 2. Liga absolvieren.
    Teilnehmer: 4863

15. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Köln fans are one weird bunch worse than most others. :p

16. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    When they were on their way to being possibly relegated a couple years ago, didn't the fans force Schaefer to resign by threatening him with violence? And now they think it would be a good idea to remain in 2 BL? Seems kind of schizophrenic.

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1. FC Köln 2:1 Jahn Regensburg
    SV Sandhausen 1:1 1. FC Kaiserslautern

87th minute strike from Daniel Royer gives Cologne three points and third place in the tabelle, Köln on 46 points with Kaiserslautern one point behind.
    And buckle your seatbelts next Friday as the two teams meet in a showdown at the Betze. :cool:

18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1. FC Kaiserslautern 3:0 1. FC Köln
    :(

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A legendary sportsman, fan of this club and a hero of mine- Is fighting for his life. I hope he makes it and recovers quickly.

[​IMG]