1. FC Köln 2011/2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by DoctorK, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks mate, and believe me, we ARE very disappointed. The whole second half of the season has been a disaster for us. The lack of fighting spirit is indeed obvious, and it will take a miracle for us to regain some momentum for the last three games.

2. cookiely

cookiely Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Well the game against the VFB was a step in the right direction.
    Hopefully we can keep up this spirit for the last two games. Freiburg is doable and we tend to perform good against Bayern.

I am hopeful that we reach the relegation.

I am still not sure whch Club I should hope for for the relegation matches.

1. Paderborn is so inconspicious that I am afraid that we might underestimate them

2. Pauli has always thrived in the underdog position and they have a great support at home

3. The derby against Düsseldorf will be pure hell and unfortunately we always tend to underperform in derbies. In addtion to that we propably won`t have a "home" game since the Rhein Energie Stadium is already booked for the women cup finals.

3. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Must win match tomorrow!

4. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. If we can't get all three point today, Hertha will leave us behind - if only because of the incredible number of goals we have conceded.

5. cookiely

cookiely Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    :mad: well so much for that.

We might reach relegation but I do not see us winning against any of the potential clubs.

:( and losing against Düsseldorf in the relegation matches will be the finale of a nightmare season

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And you guys sold Weiser to Bayern.

7. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This speaks volumes really. He is the kind of player we will need to rebuild in 2nd Bundesliga. (It's also a stupid move for Weiser as he will hardly get much playing time in Munich.)

@ cookiely: So true! And losing against Düsseldorf would be the ultimate humiliation.
    I can't help feeling contempt for our current team. Granted, their lack of fitness didn't help, but still! One lousy point against Freiburg and our whole situation would have been somewhat improved. As things stand now, we can hardly count on Hoffenheim doing us any favours... let alone Bayern.

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Condolences. We know what it feels like. We will miss the derby....

MicFW repped this.
  9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That incredible own goal was typical for this Rückrunde!

Dark clouds over Müngersdorf these days. Surely not a worthy farewell for Lukas Podolski.

[​IMG]

10. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks. There may not be another derby for a long time to come, though.
    After our last relegation, I was desperate for us to win promotion as soon as possible. This time, I feel like we should really take our time to start from scratch. Our club as a whole is in a shambles, the players are pathetic and some stupid ultras have ruined our image.
    It's a disgrace.

11. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The policemen who kept the idiots in check were cheered and the violent ultras were booed. I think this is a clear indication of what us normal fans think about the hooligans.

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad to hear that. I had such an enjoyable time at the Kaiserslautern game last August, and part of that was due to the true fans singing up a storm all the way to the stadium and then in the stadium (and my wife got to hear some of it, as our hotel was out by the University and she rode the tram from downtown to her stop with me). I still remember, however, riding a packed tram to the Stuttgart game in 1978 when I was a student at the university and the tram bouncing up and down and the floor scraping the ground--we were wedged in like sadines that day. A little scary but all in good humor.

13. cookiely

cookiely Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    I am still a little bit shocked tbh.
    I really believed that we would at least reach relegation.

This whole season was a case study in self mutilation.

FC Reloaded who wanted change but never had a concept how change should look like
    Overrath who just quit without warning and a successor in sight

Finke who was a controll freak and interfered in everyones business (the funny thing is, I think he might have actualy worked here if we had put him in a Magath-like Team Manager position)

Solbakken who was naive enough to believe that players like Pezsko or Nova would voluntarily do something for their fitness outside of the training (I still think that Solbakkens system would have worked in a calmer club enviroment.)

Horstmann who has always been more of a financial guy and was overwhelmed with his sudden leading role

The group of so called "fans" that is becoming more and more violent and destructive. The incidents with Pezzoni and the Gladbacher Fanbus were just cringeworthy.

In a way this was the most unneccesary and most well deserved relegation ever.

MicFW repped this.
  14. cookiely

cookiely Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    This!

I want to feel passion for the team again and right now there just so many faces that I never want to see in FC Shirt ever again. A team of young and hungry players that , players that you can watch growing from game to game . A team manager that is planning longterm and not shortterm and tries to actively integrate youth players into the team. I wouldn`t mind playing a couple of years in the lower midfield of the seacond league.
    Unfortunately this won`t happen because this would require a calm enviroment. The only Trainer that the fans might have enough patience with to do this is Schäfer and I do not thing he is interested.

MicFW repped this.
  15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep, I noticed that. Kudos for the true FC fans!

I hope you finally manage to get rid of those idiots and come back soon after the disaster of this season. Despite/due to the strong rivalry, we simply need each other! :)
    We were very close to relegation last year (yes, I don't forget that we also depended on you in Frankfurt ... and you did us a favour), so I know how you must feel at the moment.

Kopf hoch, es kommen auch wieder bessere Tage (siehe bei uns)! As you mentioned, this relegation can also be a huge chance for your club (if you spend the Podolski millions wisely).

I thought that as well, but your guys obviously were so scared of going down against Fortuna Düsseldorf ... that they decided to totally screw it up in Freiburg (how can you lose 1:4 against a team that had secured the league just a few days before?). I knew it would get very tough to keep the league after seeing your guys in the derby (if we had not been under huge pressure either and needed the points, I'd have even granted you a result as "merci" for Frankfurt last season).

That's the huge problem in Cologne (I've got 2 cousins living there). I think you might have a chance to sign Mike Büskens from Fürth (even though he presented himself with a Fortuna scarf last week), but I seriously doubt he would get along with the typical "Kölsches Chaos". Same with Jos Luhukay. However, maybe some things might change in Cologone, hence.

16. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ cookiely: I think you hit the nail on the head with both posts.
    Which players would you like to keep for next season? Who would you prefer as our next coach?

I wouldn't mind if either Büskens or Luhukay took over if Schäfer doesn't want to continue. Some people also rate Stanislawski but I'm not entirely convinced.
    As for the team, some of the players which I would like to stay are almost certain to leave us (e.g. Rensing). Geromel has had a poor season, but I still remember how well he played before his injury. I don't think we've got even a slim chance to keep him, but if he were willing to stay, I wouldn't try to sell him. Out of the group of established players, I'd also like to keep Lanig and McKenna.
    Any talented youngster who now leaves the club (Weiser?) is one too many.

17. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Büskens has ruled out that he's going to coach our team next season.

18. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start from scratch and never, ever bring Podolski back again.

Some people give that b!tch a pass for everything, but you guys were headed in the right direction until you brought that b!tch back.

I'm sorry for the relegation guys. However, I think getting rid of that b!itch again is step one toward your return.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Keith, stop calling Poldi a "b!itch" ... or you'll get in serious trouble with any FC fan! :p ;)

BTW: Where would they be without him last and this season? After all, they get a huge transfer fee for him now, which makes more than up for the € 10 million they paid to Bayern.

20. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poldi was very good this season, but I don't remember him being nearly as good last season. We had to wait quite a long while for him to play up to his potential.
    As for the money, it is far from clear how much of the transfer fee will actually end up in our coffers.

21. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holger Stanislawski will take over from Schäfer.

22. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Stani proved at Pauli that he can build a strong team in a chaotic environment with little budget. So, while I wish he would still be at the Millerntor, to me this looks like a good appointment for Kölle.

23. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's hope you're right. I must admit that I would have felt more optimistic with Jos Luhukay at the helm, but I don't really mind Stani taking over, either. With the current group of players, he has his work cut out for him.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the thing! The bitch still didn't! And certainly not when you needed her the most!

Exactly!

My contention is still this diva bitch cost Koln more than she brought in!

Again, look at how you guys went down last time. How you quickly rebuilt around others and were MAKING PROGRESS until you brought this bitch back and became TOTALLY DEPENDENT ON HER!!

I still contend 1. FC Koln is far better off without that diva than with her.

I also believe anyone who will put their love and bias aside and take a look at the TEAM numbers with and without her will agree.

This calling Podolski "bitch", "she" and "her" doesn't come from hatred. I once thought this diva could be the best German player EVER! I was hoping to see it!

But she believed her own press, failed to work hard at it and REFUSES TO FIGHT FOR ANYTHING!!!

Hopefully Arsenal will force this diva bitch to find her balls and become a man again. One who will work hard and fight to be the best.

But once again, it is too late for 1. FC Koln.

I have full confidence that 1. FC Koln will be back in the top Bundesliga quickly. But I have this confidence because the diva is gone.

MOVE ON KOLN! NEVER BRING HER BACK AGAIN!

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Stanislawski will be good for this club. Quick promotion coming......

MicFW repped this.