08/11: Ay, Papi: FCD vs Colorado [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 8, 2012.

1. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    One thing that stands out to me that doesn't make sense: Hartman is kicking long to Ferreira instead of Jacobson. That can't be effective. I'd rather see him throw to the fullbacks if possible. But, again, what do I know.

2. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Hartman just made two tremendous saves.

3. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    That's why I pointed it out. I hope so.

4. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Castillo scores!!!!

Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  5. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
  6. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Ferreira from Castillo!!! 3-1 FCD

7. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take the W :)

8. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And with that, we overtake CO in the West!

9. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, wasn't pretty despite Oscar's influence on the cRapids, but they will always be cRapids. Like many others have stated, FCD isn't playing a very good brand of soccer right now, but it was a win. Would like to know how bad the Pertuz injury is.

10. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...how bad did it look...? Enough to come off, sure, but did the replays look lasting?

11. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to say. He definitely hyper-extended it a bit. Could be a week, could be a torn ACL.

12. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. He for sure hyperextended it but it could be far worse.

3 nice goals. I'm not sure what was more suprising: Castillo lacing it up from 22 yards and going low corner or Benitez with his first MLS goal from approx. 35 yards out. into the upper 90. Both great efforts.

Great to see Ferreira get on the scoreboard for the first time since his injury. FCD has a whole different attack with him on the field.

Still, was shocking to see how poorly they played once they went up a man. Immediately after the red card the Rapids controlled the ball and play for about 8-10 minutes straight. They're lucky the letdown didn't cost them.

jwedding repped this.
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If only we would have defeated LA...

14. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Luna played great and it brings up why he hasn't played more.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what? Save for his half-cross that Shea could've scored if he hadn't tried a half-assed poke, he appeared to be wearing a cloak of invisibility for 90 minutes. I honestly didn't think that he brought much of anything to the table.

16. Nogy

Nogy New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    He wasn't too terrible....i thought he held up the ball pretty well with his back to goal and maintained decent posession. Other than that though he didn't impress me too much. He certainly wasn't much of a goal scoring threat. Hope to see Sealy back up top next game instead(if Blas is still out, of course).

...And i hope to never see DH or Marcelin on the pitch ever again in the FC Dallas hoops. Perhaps its just personal bias, but i swear the midfield became absolutely stagnant the moment DH stepped onto the pitch all the way until the final whistle

17. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what's the news on that? He tweeted on Friday "Hello #Dallas hope to be Soon on The pitch doing my thing! Sweating for this FCDallas jersey! And scoring for my team!" But Hyndman is still being quiet.

18. Nogy

Nogy New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I can't help but keep thinking about that game as well. If we would have won, we'd be sitting just one point below them. Granted, it could still of very well turned into 4 points depending on their result against Chivas tonight...but that would've still left us with a decent chance and plenty of hope

19. Nogy

Nogy New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The news on Sealy or Blas? I've no idea about Blas, i don't think anyone really does at this point. If they do, please share i'm dying to know hah. Luna was a last minute substitution according to Hyndman. Sealy picked up a hip strain, and to keep him healthy for next game(s?) Hyndman kept him off the 18 this week. This is all stuff i've read from 3rdDegree anyways

20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Held up play well, made some good runs (that weren't always read) drew two yellow cards. Can't believe you dislike the guy so much that drawing two yellow cards against defenders doesn't make you re-evaluate at least a little. I mean they thought he was doing something....

21. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
  22. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schellas said he strained his hip Friday at practice. He could have played, but wouldn't have been 100% and they wanted someone who could go all-out.

23. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Luna was pretty good. He and Shea were so close to linking up so many times. Is it enough to bump Luna above Sealy on the depth chart? I'd say so.

24. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Interesting, I thought he had a very solid game. He held up the ball under pressure well, really only had a couple of errant passes, one of which he tracked back 30 yds to win back, and as others pointed out was a constant pain to the defenders. The main issue I had was he still doesn't seem willing to pull the trigger on his shot, the one where he slow played the defender and sent in a cross really should have been on a shot on frame instead. But that play showed me something he hadn't shown in other appearances, and that is a willingness to slow things down and be comfortable on the ball. He did several times, it's something a confident forward does, and doesn't freak out on the ball which he has shown a tendency to do.

The biggest problem with this game last night again was when Hernandez came into the midfield, DeGuzman and AJ were already getting spread thin, and when you add the slow, plodding movement for DH it's way worse. It's the same as it has been all season, the good teams exploit the weak middle, and eventually overwhelm. I really think the offseason is going to be about bringing in 2 new starters, assuming JDG isn't brought back, making Jacobson a backup, and DH a coach only.

Colorado is funny to watch, you can see the guys who Pareja has brought in want to play one style of play, and a lot of the Smith regime want to play completely different. Cummings being a prime example, he simply has no connection with the other guys on the field it seems. His only chances came off long balls really.

25. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Amazing what a couple of Ws and a draw sandwhiched with one loss will do. Look at the standings, just a couple more Ws in May/June and we'd be in the playoff picture (i.e. not losing a lead vs LA, etc.).