07 Sevilla SuperClasico Smack Thread

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Robdog, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whistling softly. Kanoute

2. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disgusting. I think the league should suspend both Presidents for one year (Lopera as well) for being big babies that create this type of environment with their childish behavior. They should play the derbies with empty stadiums. :(

3. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbelievable

4. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm torn on this, I say let them finish the match behind closed doors. The other part of me says award the game to Sevilla and send a clear message to all fans in Spain. Hopefully the crowds will learn how to manage themselves since obviously security doesn't do shite. I really thought Betis would advance, I can't believe 1 fan took our chances away.

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the CNNSI article:

"However, some Betis fans threw stones at an ambulance which entered the stadium for Ramos, resulting in riot police having to clear the area, the station added."

It sounds like more then one fan. Plus I read that there was an attempt to attack the Sevilla team bus (unconfirmed).

I have a feeling you not only lost your chance to advance, but with an estimated 4 to 12 home games lost (again unconfirmed) it may be very difficult for Betis to stay in the first division. We're supposed to find out tomorrow.

7. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then here's a solution. Neither team advances. Punish the fans by making them witness their actions with an impact on the field of play, or deduct points from Betis in La Liga. The thuggery and hooliganism that mars this derby needs to stop. It's bad for Sevilla, it's bad for Andalucia, and it's bad for Spain.

While Sevilla may not directly deserve punishment, the way this derby has gone over the past 5 years especially, with the beating of security personnel and now this, something needs to be done to put the passion of this rivalry in perspective. Violence should never be tolerated. Both teams and their fans should feel the consequences of that. This could have just as easily have happened in the Sanchez Pizjuan.

Allow neither team to progress in the Copa Del Rey. Demonstrate that fan violence is a negative mark on both clubs.

The funny thing is, this is the Spanish FA. Ultimately, whatever they do will never actually have a lasting impact on this problem. It's a spineless, useless organization that hasn't solved or dealt with the significant problems in Spanish soccer over the past 3-5 years. Nothing with the racism in stadiums such as what happened to Etoo last year in Zaragoza, nothing with the violence in the Sevilla derby, nothing regarding Luis Aragones' racism towards Henry, and nothing in regards to the incidents at the Real Madrid/Barcelona rivalry going all the way back to the Camp Nou and the pig's head and Luis Figo.

This will eventually lead to deaths at a futbol match somewhere in Spain. Everyone is fortunate that Juande Ramos came out of this ok.

8. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad idea. Cut off the monster at the head.

9. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't say I agree with everything you say, but I do believe they need to go beyond the stadium. Spaniards consider the teams as clubs of their city. When chorizos burn trashcans in the street because of a soccer game, there needs to be action from the league. But like you said, the Spanish FA is spineless.

BTW, a death did happen. A few years back an Atletico fan killed a Bosque; I think the dead fan was from Real Sociedad.

10. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not that familiar with the passion/hatred exhibited in Spanish derbies/rivalries. But how much hatred/passion is there in the Sevilla derby compared to say, the Basque, Madrid, etc. derbies? Thanks.

12. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing close to the Sevilla derby is the Real Madrid - Barcelona "derby". But really, the problems you read and hear about is not the typical Betis or Sevilla fan. Most can go to a game or bar together, cheer their team on, and take or give a little ribbing depending on the results.

The clubs actually did pretty good with this the last couple years. But this time the club presidents/owners acted like brats going into the game, provoking the masses. That, coupled with the frustration the Betis fans have been going through this year (only 2 points above relegation) while Sevilla is fighting for the league title, going for a second straight UEFA Cup title, and still having a chance for a triple (I believe the first in league history, but I'm not sure) pushed some over the top when Sevilla scored. It's a shame for the quality supporters that make up the bulk of the fans.

13. riko_suave83

riko_suave83 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    London
    I have always condoned the idea of club presidents and their board of directors having to sit next to each other in football matches. I've never seen this tradition anywhere else, only in Spain. The incident that occured to the unfortunate Juande Ramos was fueled by the previous league game played two weeks ago, when the president and directors of both clubs clashed with insults and aggresive behaviour. The matter worsened when these 'clowns' fueled more tension and provocation at each other in the media and although the disagreement was finally settled, its shows how inmature these people really are and as you said Qdog, 'provoking the masses' between the Sevilla-Betis rivalry.

Throughout the years of watching this overhyped encounter, I've seen it all, the young Biris fans attacking a guard for a football to the Drunk Sevillista who kung Fu kick Toni Prats, the incidents was eventually going to occur in the executive boxes. And the result, 'La Botellazo' and the near death of one of Spain's promising coaches.

The Spanish FA must come up with a solution to this problem, they should replicate to what Italy has done after the appauling scenes in Catania, however dont bet on it!

14. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that, now that you mention it. Didn't they try to tie it back to ETA or something, or just straight hooliganism? Well, I guess the next step will be a serious injury to a player or team official (which already happened with Juande Ramos, which was serious but not debilitating or long-term).

15. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betis loses three home games and the rest of the game will be played March 20 in Getafe, with no fans. That seems about right, especially since they said the federation is going to go after Leon and del Nido. They need to get Lopera as well.

This could be big for Betis. Losing home games against Zaragoza and Villarreal could easily pave their way to segunda during their centenary year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/soccer/03/02/bc.eu.spt.soc.sevilla.coach.ap/index.html

16. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down, but not out. Er Betis always does best when their backs are against the wall -

18. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, like in 2000.

19. riko_suave83

riko_suave83 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    London
    hahahahaha

I remember that year when Betis, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid went down.
    I remember Marca calling the second division 'Super Segunda'!!!lololol

20. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks. Repped.

21. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember it too. My Malaga stayed up that year. Now, they're fighting for their lives in Segunda.

22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

23. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

24. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    We don't like them, they don't like us. What more do you want??? Ask scumbag sevilla's head honcho, Juande Ramos, what's it's like. :rolleyes: :eek:

25. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could possibly be your absolute worse post ever, and you've turned in some amazingly bad posts in the past. geez.:rolleyes: