07/18: Alchemy: San Jose vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 16, 2012.

1. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    This.
    Any respect I had for Butter Leather in the past has eroded into pure contempt for an Old Fart who has totally lost control of this team. They don't respect him, why should I?

2. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Let's be real honest here, SH is a terrible in-game manager. The decision to put Sealy in for David could be defended if we are looking at it as adding a forward late in a game...however, I have yet to see Sealy provide anything to the attack, much less create a chance. Down 2-0 in a lost season, the decision to replace David with anyone other than Levya is simply stupid, it's a straight switch and gives the kid needed opportunity to do nothing but attempt to create. As many others have mentioned the decision to allow Benetiz to take the PK was bad, but those are 50/50, and the way the season has gone it's not unlikely that anyone else who took the shot would have made it. The decision to not start Rodriguez in my opinion is equally poor, as he is the one play who seems to be on a good run of form.

As for Shea, man he is having a very cliche season...young player gets big money contract, sees huge dip in form, has mental lapses, gets suspended, lashes out for being subbed. Perhaps it's all too much too soon, being the face of the franchise and all that comes with being a young up and comer in MLS where they pump up and then bleed their burgeoning stars dry. However, such a lash out isn't surprising to me for 2 reasons: A) He just saw his captain/coach do the same thing a few games ago, and take a very me first approach as a result. B) He sees that the coach is leading this team down the drain, and has plenty of people in his ear telling him he is better than this team. Either way, I want to see him suspended for a game for conduct detrimental to the team, then I want him to have to earn his starting spot back as a result. I also want Daniel to realize that he is the pot, talking to the kettle and shut the f up.

Sportsfan783 repped this.
  3. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not really certain about the decision making process on the penalty kick. I never thought he was going to score, but I thought it would be saved, at least put on frame.

It seems to me that Jackson would have been the best choice, and then Sealy. Even Castillo, though I doubt he was one of the three.

No guarantee that any of the three I mention above would have scored, but I think all three of them would have given FCD a better chance to salvage a point from a superior team away.

-SD

4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    The Report Card is out. Sorry cant create link from my iPad, but it's over at 3rddegree.net

5. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States