07/18: Alchemy: San Jose vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    And we thank you for him! There is no question in my mind that Marvin Chavez has helped turn my bottom dwelling team into a contender, it just boggles my mind that you guys let him get away.
    As for the game last night, we were extremely lucky to get away with any points at all, your team played tenaciously and if it wasn't for a hideously taken PK we would have been humbled with a point at home.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  2. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this...is exactly how I felt when I heard we go rid of M Chavez.. Like DF10 he was a natural born excellent footballer. Unlike our other rock star who only shows brilliance once in a ... BTW what happen to Villar?

3. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to be up early, so I went to bed at half time... I'm kind of glad I missed this PK, as it sounds like I never would have gotten to sleep. Grr!!

4. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, let's make sure we have one thing straight: Benitez's taking the kick was Benitez's call. The announcers said right away that he grabbed the ball to take it. At the very least, I certainly would have a hard time believing at that point, SH was sending in instructions from the touch line to have the guy who's never, ever scored take the kick.

So I blame this on Benitez and the other nine field players who at that point should've known better.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow, DH I take back some of the bad things I've said about your possible coaching abilities. Couldn't have said it better myself...

7. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if DH was trying to be a team player or blowing smoke or what in his interview, but "[Shea]'s one of the stars of our team, and we need him to step up with his leadership and his play. He's obviously one of the best players in the country," I hope he's right.

But yeah, if he can keep himself under control, maybe he'd find a decent place on staff (as long as he's not taking corners).

8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Are you telling me that at no point during the 2-3 minutes Loyd was rolling on the ground and receiving treatment, Hyndman couldn't have instructed someone else to take the PK? Someone who may have actually been capable of it?

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    In fact, judging by the quote in Buzz's recent tweet, Benitez WAS Hyndman's choice to take the PK: "had three guys in mind and looking back on it, I probably should have gone with one of the other two. – SH #FCDallas"

10. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We should trade Scott Sealy to day for an orange cone, a training bib, a practice ball, or a gatorade water bottle ......... if he is not even in the conversation to take that PK then why in the F is he even on the team?!

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, wow. That's a bit mind-boggling.

When I saw Benitez's run-up to the ball, I did not get the impression that he was someone who had had a lot of experience taking penalties, and frankly, I would've been hard-pressed to think that he would've ever been the coach's choice to take one in that situation.

12. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Par for the SH course on mind-boggling decisions. Down a goal, he subs in Marcelin, purely a defensive player that makes Daniel Hernandez look like Ferreira. What the F is that? Leyva and Villar are on the bench, we have just scored to pull back a goal and it's now 2-1, and he subs in a DEFENSIVE player?! WTF is that?!?!?

burning247 repped this.
  13. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would've liked to have seen Leyva too.

SH, nice quote, but c'mon... You're killin me.

14. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Can it be one of those nalgene bottles? Those things are cool.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny Hernandez ragging Shea about coming out since he did the same thing a few games ago.

16. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had some time to think on the bench there :)

17. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you're joking, but he probably did have a chance to think about how he's going to have to change his approach to the game as he winds down his professional playing career.

If he was being serious then, even if in his heart of hearts he's still pissed about the set-pieces thing, I am impressed to see him reclaiming the leadership mantle in preparation for being a coach. Good on you, DH.

18. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd call it half joking... It just looks like a real step in the right direction since his Twitter-hissy.

19. mojoQ

mojoQ Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Arrillagaville
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Zico1981

Zico1981 Member

Apr 6, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's called Irony. We made up that song because well....he's the best darn striker we ever had!*

*We actually would have been happy to trade him for a gatorade bottle as well!

22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why do I have this memory of San Jose fans telling us that Sealy was a great pick up and we'd be happy with him. Was that just a bunch of BS from a guys who didn't remember what it was like to have a decent team?

23. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Just in case, the tune is Winter Wonderland. The fact that the Ultras composed an entire song about him tells you how special he was for the Quakes.

24. Zico1981

Zico1981 Member

Apr 6, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes sorry it was a bunch of BS ;)

As far as the decent team comment, please remember that we were one game away from playing you guys in the final 2 years ago :thumbsup:

25. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ha, that is true. In hindsight, I wish y'all would have won that game.