05 July game at Wash DC [R]

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by Tsunami, Jul 1, 2009.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's TOTC from this forum. Don't know if you could see him on TV, but he was on the hill behind the south goal (the one LA was attacking in the second half) over toward the left.

2. Longtimesub

Longtimesub Member

May 18, 2009
    Would the Sol's GM try to get another defender? I think that it is possible before 7/15.

3. ley82

ley82 New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Yesterday was really fun, especially watching the game with other Sol fans and how cool it was that Keri Sanchez, Julia Schnugg and Lyndsey Patterson showed up and watched the game with us. We have to do it again for the next away game.

The players felt really sorry when they we all saw the injury. Some of them said that Abby just goes in really hard sometimes and should be more careful. But to them it looked like an accident.

Anyways, the players kept thanking us on supporting them and showing up to all the games ( and setting up an unofficial viewing party)
    [​IMG]

4. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was fun - and hope this gets the ball rolling for more things like this in the future. Thanks to Hula for setting it up. Thanks to Keri, Julia and Lyndsey for joining us and thanks to Kenzo Bergeron of the Sol for arranging for them to come.

Good to see Leyla again and meet some of the others.

If we continue to do this kind of thing at a place like Fox and Hounds we'll help draw the attention of potential fans. I've met people there for Premier League, Spanish League and US (men) national team games who are receptive to the women's game but haven't seen any WPS games. I was watching the end of the Fox Soccer game of the week just before one of the Lakers playoff game and met some guys who thought favorably of women's soccer but didn't know about the new league.

5. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear one is available from Sweden and she may even be in LA already... ;)

6. Older And Bolder

Older And Bolder New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    "The usual healing time for a mid-shaft Tibia and Fibula fracture treated with cast immobilisation is 12 to 16 weeks. This is followed by rehabilitation with a Chartered Physiotherapist to restore the range of ankle and knee movement, and to restore the muscle strength that is lost during the immobilisation period." from Physioroom.com (no mention of permanent damage)
    Similar break Wambach suffered which I witnessed AND heard in person.
    The irony. I'm sure Shaner will receive top notch rehab and hopefully be ready to play next season....

7. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    So sorry for Shaner... it's crazy how different people react to injuries..we had Abby looking calm but shocked when she broke her leg, Daniela crying her heart out, Kandace Wilson screaming/screatching and Christie Shaner in serious pain but quiet.

I dislocated my knee once and i went into shock at the time.. my body gave me a natural anithestic to the pain..off course a couple of days later when it wore of i was in absolute agony.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I fell so bad for Shaner. I've watched her over the last few years at Notre Dame and was sure she would help the Sol a lot.
    How long is the league going to allow Wambach the bully to throw her body around recklessly and break people's legs?

9. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hahahahhaaaaaa :D ...i saw her play once , she is not a bad player ,i hope the coach will give her a chance.

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As long as they decide it is legal.

11. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member