박지성 · 윤석영 @ Queens Park Rangers 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. Yea I can't help it if I have weird stalker who somehow can't stop himself from having a fit and projecting internal personal issues bc I disagreed with outlandish notion that PJS moving to J2 would be most meaningful to him. Who knew we had such die hard J2 fans here?

2. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Come on melon, not necessary to further exasperate this. Might as well continue this spat in PM's if you really need to.

Mudang and olijolly repped this.
  3. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I'm exasperated that you meant "exacerbate." Anything to change the subject... ;)

6. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Holy hell! All this because I just asked what people thought would happen to PJS! I'm a troll and I didn't even know it!

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Considering QPR only paid what, 2 mil pounds for PJS, in order to reduce wages, QPR might allow PJS on free transfer.

And PJS's less than stellar performance for relegation bound QPR, I'd be very surprised if a top league team picks up PJS.

I'm no mind reader, but only reason to go back to Korea is for altruistic reasons? I think Middle East or MLS for one last pay day is more likely than to go back to Korea. Maybe China.

9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He can come to NY Red Bulls. Now that we got rid of Marquez, we have a DP slot that we can use on him.

nmssis and seoulman9 repped this.
  10. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    From marketing POV, this would be a brilliant move for NYRB that can't sell out a state of art stadium... Because only Koreans be crazy enough to go see PJS in Jersey lol.

11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd go see him play....many times over

redknights and YLbowman repped this.
  12. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJS at MLS? Please no. At least not when he's 31, 32, or even 33. Maybe 34 or 35?

olijolly and jinseokyang repped this.
  13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    PJS is not ready to be hung out to dry in Japan, MLS or even Korea for that matter.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think a guy who has hardly seen the pitch in two years now and whose few appearances involved being humiliated really has much market value.

Perhaps if he gets better pitch time in what remains of the season...

10August2012, toohyper and EvilTree repped this.
  15. mike5th

mike5th Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Well put. For those who constantly bad mouth QPR and it's fan for supposedly ill treatment of PJS, here is the reality.

QPR is Park's last chance to play in the big league, before retirement or semi-retirement in the K-League. (I doubt MLS, Chinese or Mide-East would be interested) So if you want to see Park play in the big league, you have to hope for QPR to play well and Park to play an important role in the team staying above relegation.

seoulman9 and toohyper repped this.
  16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I actually think he has plenty of brand power to have a retirement career in China/desert. But I doubt a European would want to take such a risk when crappy QPR don't even use him

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I'm not as pessimistic. PJS is in a bad place right now with the team having imploded with him as captain but he's a quality player and I still think he can find his place with QPR at least until he can earn himself other career options.

18. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it's time we lower our expectations for PJS and accept that fact that he's nearing the end of his career. I'm sure he's got something left in the tank, and I'd love to see him feature week in and week out for QPR or any other big league club , but the chances of that happening are getting slimmer by the week. PJS's career, much like any other footballer over 30, is at a fragile stage. He needs to make the right decisions, and frankly, chasing last minute spotlight might not be the best path to take. Things may wind up like Hleb or just maybe, he might pull a Raul. I'll always be hoping for the latter, but things never end up as we hoped (especially for our KPAs). PJS deserves to retire at a club where he's lauded with praise and adoration, not a club where he's shitted on for a defensive mistake and a couple of misplaced passes.

EvilTree and bozambreaker repped this.
  19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Random, but I have this strange feeling that PJS will start against Man Utd....

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Random, but I had this strange feeling that I bought a lotto ticket and won... :rolleyes:

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seriously. WTF.

23. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol skim your posts have faint echoes of someone else's voice...

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    GOD?

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What does this mean?