박지성 · 윤석영 @ Queens Park Rangers 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    So what are people's takes on what's next for PJS? Seems to me like QPR won't be able to afford his wages once they inevitably drop. Does that mean that they'll be willing to let him go for a lesser transfer fee? Perhaps some midtable teams, or teams from some of the less-hailed leagues will come? Or is his european football career over? Thoughts?

2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think PJS's pride would let him play in the Championship if QPR do get relegated. I remember from somewhere Kyoto Purple Sanga would love for PJS to retire at the club. I'm sure there's a possibility of it happening if Kyoto manage to get promoted to J.1 and PJS finds something to do until then. Or Anzhi...?

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why not just finish his career in Korea?

Mudang repped this.
  4. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guus Hiddink is retiring after this season and the racism level in Russia is too damn high.

5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because retiring at Purple Sanga, to me, seems most meaningful to PJS.

6. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How though? Kyoto did not make the person PJS is today. (It was all because of Guus Hiddink.)

nmssis and Mudang repped this.
  7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    PJS is still a cash cow for QPR. Doubt he'll go anywhere unless he demands to leave before the end of his contract.

Mudang repped this.
  8. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    He'll still be a cash cow for them in the Championship?

EvilTree repped this.
  9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    PJS is not going to Japan and no it wouldn't be meaningful for him.

nmssis repped this.
  10. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I may be wrong with the details, but I recall watching a documentary on PJS and how he failed to get recruited by university teams and was never given a chance in Korea so went to Kyoto via scouting. If Kyoto didn't scout PJS and give him a contract, he probably wouldn't be where he is now.
    PJS went back to Kyoto to shoot this documentary a few years back, I believe, and the reception was incredible. Not only from Purple Sanga fans but the coaching staff who have been with him from 2000~2002. The Kyoto guys said they would be honored if PJS came back to the club and I'm sure the time is soon if this move will ever happen.

Of course Hiddink did wonders for us KNT fans and PJS alike by shifting him to the wings and making him the player he is today, but we also need to recognize Kyoto for publicizing a practically unknown Korean defensive midfielder.

I mean, honestly and 냉정하게, at this low point in his career, he doesn't have too many choices.

11. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    PJS went to 명지대.

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How would you know? are you PJS?

I know you're always anti-Japanese but come on man, let's not get ridiculous. Maybe it might not mean anything to PJS, maybe it might. After all, Kyoto were the only professional club to really give him an opportunity when he couldn't find a team in Korea, so August12 guy isn't crazy for saying it.

edkwolverines repped this.
  13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm aware of that, but if I recall correctly, he wasn't recruited straight to the 축구 team.

14. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the only reason he would go back is for salary and not having to deal with the droves of fans. but its not going to happen cause Kyoto will be in J2 for a while.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never said I know, now did I?

And if his European career is over by this summer, it would either be Oil money in Middle East, China, Japan, or Korea I would think. Remember, meaningful to PJS, not meaningful to you or the fans. We don't know how PJS thinks, do we?

Kanuck, Mudang and edkwolverines repped this.
  16. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think his documentary (from back in the MU days - the same one where tevez explodes a b-day popper thing into PJS's face, giving him a fat lip) said that PJS wasn't recruited by university teams out of high school. PJS's high school coach had to beg his old friend, the 명지대 coach to take a flyer on him. even then, PJS only got a scholarship bc the tennis team had a few extra.

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. The decision you're defending is that a move to Purple Sanga is the MOST MEANINGFUL.

Go ahead and explain to me how you know and why a move to J2 team at the end of season is the most meaningful to PJS.

o_O

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How did you come to this conclusion? My goodness learn to read.

For a guy who is supposedly the self-proclaimed "debate king" on the internetz and roams around here with that proud moniker, your reading comprehension level is seriously disappointing.

Mudang and DavDavFC repped this.
  19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And if you want to go by what I'm "implying", PJS moving to Korea would be the most meaningful as stated above.

My goodness...

20. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    his dad will probably try to milk as much cash as possible. Probably will go to the ME

EvilTree, Mudang and skimmilk repped this.
  21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. Passive aggressive much? When did I say I was "debate king" on the internetz???? Don't stalk me dude. :D

I originally responded to disagree with August's comment that PJS moving to Purple Sanga would be most meaningful to him when you jumped into the conversation. So if you think PJS moving to purple sanga is most meaningful, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise you either agree with me or you're being an argumentative dchbag.

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You more than imply this in an NSR thread.

"Passive Aggressive much?" yeah good way to win a "debate" now, right? I've noticed you like to say random crap or say other irrelevant crap when you have nothing decent to add to a debate. If this is so called "winning a debate", then you're definitely a winner there.

All I said was August's comments weren't that crazy to begin with, considering Kyoto were the only club to give him his first professional opportunity. If you're talking about meaningful to PJS, then you need to stfu because none of us knows what he is thinking. If you're talking about meaningful to us fans, that's debatable but there's no right or wrong answer.

To sum it up, you're just an idiot. Learn to read b*tch.

23. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. What are you retarded???? What are you blabbering about "debates" and shizz when you're the fool who jumped into a pre-existing discussion. No one gives a shizz about your butthurt baggage issues with me so let me make it easy for you:

August said he think PJS moving to Purple Sanga is most meaningful to him. I responded to this and said no. You jumped in not even knowing what I was responding to like an insecure, butthurt troll. You're ignoring who said what, repeating what you wrongly thought you were responding to and then getting angry like this is important. :D

I don't know what personal issues you have dude but go get some therapy or something. No shame in addressing your mental health.

Oh and I'm still waiting to hear why you think PJS moving to a J2 league team would be MOST meaningful for him. :ROFLMAO:

24. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Melon and Toohyper, pls refrain from name calling and personal attacks.

EvilTree, olijolly, redknights and 2 others repped this.
  25. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is unnecessary. Stahp.

Focus your hatred and anger on QPR and their stupid fans who are much more stupid than either of you. Not that you're stupid. But Jesus Christ those Londoners are something special.

Mudang repped this.