Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine is so strong tactically with Garmash....

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    How was he? It his second appearance after the injury.

3. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally speaking and as a realist, the USMNT should write off this World Cup and look forward to 2018 and beyond. Our player pool should be much deeper by then. Plus, 2018 is in Russia, so there's even a chance of USA vs Russia in the same group.

Every American wants to stick it to Russia on their home soil, as do many Ukrainians... :)

4. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The way to stick to Russia would be to take the World Cup away from them....

5. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But in lieu of that happening, beating them on home soil would be the next best thing.

Russia having the World Cup taken away from them is about as likely as pigs flying.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say it's directly as likely as a Russian invasion and occupation of western Ukraine.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    His touch was flawless, such a big presence and so mobile. He blew 2 1-on-1 chances but ended up with the assist on one of them. For him to be in this form after playing 1 competitive game since Sept. just shows his class.

Its a travesty he wasn't available for the England and France matchups (we played Gusiev as a creative mid in that England game lol). Our midfield trident of Rotan-Edmar-Garmash is so legit. We would've been a force this summer.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Yeah, he is legit. Glad to hear that it sounds like he recovered well. That doesn't happen very often.

Selin will probably be available for selection soon..heheheh.... ;)

9. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WAY to much bribe money for FIFA officials to give up there.

10. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    YKPAIHA U-19 advancing to the U-19 UEFA championships in Hungary next month with a 1-0 defeat of Eng-er-land in Pommyland.....

BH Fanatico repped this.
  11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your welcome for the own goal. Have fun in July. To be honest you guys just got lucky plain and simple. Could so easily have scored 2 or 3 goals including the free kick at the end. Classic England pretty much.

BTW the guy whose shot technically got saved that led to the goal is claiming on the UEFA site that he scored.

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I didn't spot too many Englyshmen on the pitch. Your mercenaries had many, many chances...

You could probably say the same about the YKPAIHIAH side but after they scored it didn't seem to matter who they were....

Referee knows well who scored ;)

13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You guys won fair and square. I just didn't like your coach not offering the classic handshake after the match first. Instead Blake did and the Ukraine manager just gave him a smile and continued celebrating.

14. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No very sporting of him....

I guess he's been watching too much of Mourinho.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just consider yourself fortunate that you are in the World Cup, got lucky in that theater and unlucky in some obscure u-19 tourney

16. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh I have been for a long time now. :)

17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    UNT U-21 still has a strong chance to qualify for the play-offs. 10 group winners and 4 best runners-up qualify for play-offs.

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They have a shot at it for sure. They play Licthenstein, which is a win and then Switzerland at home I believe. If they win out then they should get to the playoffs. However if they beat a team like Latvia at home in the extra minute in extra time then that doesn't look great. However the way they won is a huge moral booster.

England and Portugal have already qualified. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

20. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    You don't beat everyone convincingly, a result is a result. Latvia lost at home to Ukraine 5-1 already in the group, you can't take anything from one game in qualifying. The Latvians were also on fresh legs as Ukraine just played and beat Liechtenstein 5-2 four days prior.

21. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A result is always a result. However that is an excuse when you said the Latvians had fresher legs. Ukraine are much better than them and should've done better. 3 days rest should be enough to beat a team of that caliber a little more easily. Shouldn't have to beat them in an extra minute of extra time.

I don't want to start a fight or anything. I hope Ukraine can qualify. I mean it.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes, I looked at the standings to see how other 2nd place teams are doing (I am assuming that Croatia will finish 1st in our section, unless they fail to win in Latvia, which would open the door for the 1st place for Ukraine) and it seems Ukraine are easily among the top 4 potential second place finishers.

23. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    You don't win spectacularly all the time, nor with conviction. In World Cup qualifying Spain was only able to beat Georgia by one goal, scored in the 86th minute. Or draw Finland 1-1, or beat Belarus 2-1. It's qualifying, as long as you get the win that's all that anyone remembers. The Latvians were already beat by Ukraine 5-1, beating them with an extra time goal isn't a big deal or cause for concern. I see your point though.

24. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's a valid point on Spain but if you know the way they play they try to score the prettiest goals and are not a ruthless team in the slightest.

Don't be surprised if (Ukraine make it to the playoffs) teams point that out about Ukraine. Who knows they can take it as a confidence booster or take you guys a little lightly and are too comfortable.

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sometimes the ball just can't find the net... I've seen many examples of that.