Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That would mean a pretty decent slate of friendly opponents for UNT. USA and, now, Chile (if the agreement is achieved). We're not going to the WC but, at least, we can measure UNT's abilities against some teams that are.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  2. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #1252 Fedya_Fussball, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Euro 2016

YKPAIHA is a pot 2 team !!!!!

Pot 1: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland
    Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland
    Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus
    Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus
    Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/finals/news/newsid=2036613.html#pots+announced+euro+qualifying+draw

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We f'd up so bad in Paris haha embarrassing, didn't look close to confident that we were going to get the job done smh...

Ideal group
    pot 1: Greece, Russia or Bosnia
    pot 3: Avoid Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Romania, Austria, Poland
    pot 4: Finland, Latvia, Wales, Estonia
    pot 5: Avoid Iceland and Georgia
    pot 6: Avoid Kazakhstan

4. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Uh ok, say hello to Fabio's three points by any means tactics and second place at best. :thumbsup:

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lmao

6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  7. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Pretty good draw for ukraine. Spain should take full points meqning being top 2 out of Slovakia ukraine and Belarus should be enough. If we can't do that, we dont deserve to be there. .....we also avoid Serbia poland montengro Georgia iceland and Kazakhstan.

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea not a bad draw at all

Even Spain will likely look a little bit different by the time qualifiers roll around.

9. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think Xavi and Puyol will most likely retire from the NT after the WC. Villa and Xavi Alonso might also retire. Although perhaps Alonso will want to stay till 2016 who knows. If Villa doesn't make the team for WC I think that chance goes up.
    Apart from that, expect to see the same line-up along with Iniesta, Silva, Biscuits, Thiago Alcantara, Pique and the rest of the possession rapists :D

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    U.S. friendly canceled but back on again. Played tomorrow with the moniker "Peace for Ukraine."

Massive Respect.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Konkov actually said something about the US support for Ukraine against Russia being a factor in playing the game.

Or it might be the 100k out clause in te contract.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It wasn't a bad match. US came in with just European-based players and were much more in the experimentation mode. UNT won exactly the way most of us expected - through the two speedy wingers we have, Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko. Yarmolenko was a man of the match, while Konoplyanka was less effective. Of course, that was, probably, due to Geoff Cameron being (in my opinion) a far better WB than Castillo. UNT dominated the first half with several excellent one-on-one chances for Harmash and Yarmolenko. Once clean through, however, they displayed a specifically Dynamo way of wasting chances. What's up with that?

In the second half, US actually came out looking like a better side but Bezus and Devich linked up beautifully on that against-the-run-of-play goal (Devich almost messed that one too), which, pretty much, prevented the Americans from getting back in the game.

Considering the nature of the game, I am happy to see good play from several UNT players, such as Yarmolenko, Harmash, and, surprisingly, the aging Tymoschuk. Lads had a lot to play6 for and they brought smiles to the Ukrainian public's faces. That is so rare these days...

13. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine 2-0 over U.S. May be insignificant considering what is going on right now. But this is why we come here, to get away from there.

RT Sport is reporting Obama orchestrated Ukraine's victory today (that was a joke, but I haven't checked RT for well over a month now - so who knows)

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That was easy....a little too easy. Its a shame we aren't at the World Cup, we are a strong and capable side. Especially when Garmash is in the fold.

I honestly think if all the political stuff goes away and Ukraine's territory remains intact, this will forge Ukraine's belief and identity. I get the feeling our nation was self-conscious about itself and never pushed above its weight because of this disbelief in ourselves. I think the revolution and keeping Russia at bay will bring the people and our playerrs pride and strength in Ukraine. Maybe I'm being naive and optimisitc....

Also this whole crisis just shows how fuking retarded it was that we played vital games in Donetsk. I was at the England match at Euro's and the stadium just was so passive....we would've beaten Greece and possibly England had we played anywhere else....ugh

15. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think you've mentioned before, and I completely agree, that Lviv needs to be the de-facto home field. Though Kharkov, Dnipropetrovsk, and Odessa (recently) have had strong showings. Well, maybe Kyiv will come back into the fold considering everything it has witnessed.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ukrainians really came out strong and the Americans really came out disorganized. It could have easily been 4 or 5 nil

17. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main point of this match for the US was for a) Klinnsy to test drive some fringe players, and b) get Julian Green in camp.

US looked good in bits, and individual players had their moments.

Howard still has it. May have it in 2018 as well.

Brooks-Onwyeu is a no freaking go in the middle. Brooks will evolve into a serviceable (if not great) STOPPER CB, I have no doubt, but he is always going to need an organizer with him.

Gooch is done.

Castillo is an option if we need an LW/LM. He is fast up the flank, makes intelligent attacking plays, and can cut in and put it on frame if necessary. That being said, LB is too much for him, and it showed.

Cameron is our RB in Brazil. Has to be. That was a good performance.

Jones. What an impact he would have had in South Africa. Unfortunately, time has caught up to him.

Kljestian may have played his way clear off the Gold Cup roster. That was an abysmal showing. For an attacking mid, he did little of it.

Bedoya showed pretty well. Hes never going to carry a team, but he is a legitimate option on the wing.

Fabian Johnson needs to be this team's LB. We have plenty of options in midfield. As good as he shows there, he needs to be out LB.

Jozy did what he could. With the full midfield around him, he'll score goals. The question for Klinnsy is would Johannsson score more?

Johannsson would have netted at least one if he had at least 80 mins. He is evolving into something special.

Williams looked better than Jones. If he continues to improve, he will make a great pressure man to complement Bradley.

Agudelo needs to keep on pushing. Last season with New England and so far in Holland he has started to blossom.

Dempsey.... played. Allegedly.

Ukraine are a great young team. Its a shame they will not be in Brazil.

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes. Dynamo Kyiv players had burned several 100% chances. And they also created most of those chances, too.

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Agree. He was the reason Ukraine went through the right side only. and Konoplyanka wasn't noticeable.

20. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How do you guys think Portugal will do coming up against the USA after seeing them today?

21. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fine. The US fielded an experimental side.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portugal are obviously favored, but the US started probably five guys who are in contention for a starting spot in Brazil.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Castillo is not a good defender and Yarmolenko is outstanding, which is pretty much why they ripped the US apart down the middle and through the right.

24. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree with this assessment, and I'm from Lviv. I think the 'home' field should be the Olimpiyskiy, as in, this is where all the 'big' matches should be played, like a playoff (see France), or upcoming encounter with Spain. As for the other qualifiers and friendlies, they should be sprinkled throughout. Lviv, Odessa, Dnipropetrivsk, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Zaporizhya... heck even play a friendly in Sumy.

25. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this is a thread about the UNT, as opposed to the USMNT, but if I must...

At this point, I will honestly be somewhat surprised if we make it out of the group. I see it being extremely difficult in beating Ghana or Portugal, never mind Germany. Our defense is very leaky and mistake prone, and our two offensive threats (Dempsey and Altidore) are struggling, badly. I think this game against Ukraine did show just how important the MLS pool is to the national squad, and also shows the quality of the league, but I'm not so sure right now that will be enough.