Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, if Serbia do not defeat Slovenia today, Estonia are in the playoffs.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Didn't Estonia lose to Faroe Islands? How's this even possible?

Nevermind, I see... Serbia, Slovenia, and Northern Ireland seem to have knocked each other around to the betterment of Estonia's chances...

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Rybka stopped a penalty kick!!!!

4. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Didn't Estonia beat Serbia in Belgrade?

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes, 3-1.

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's over. Ukraine win 2-0, but Eesti missed a penalty kick (Rybka save) and looked very dangerous in the last 15 minutes or so.

7. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Ukraine's friendly with Germany is just 10 days away.

What will the starting 11 look like? Will these be your regular starters, or is the coach trying some alternatives? Any injuries for Ukraine?

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Blokhin has announced Ukrainian National Team's roster for the matches against Germany (Nov. 11) and Austria (Nov. 15):

GK: Andriy Dikan (Spartak Moskva, Russia), Oleksandr Rybka (Shakhtar Donetsk)
    DF: Bohdan Butko (Illichivets Mariupol), Oleksandr Kucher (Shakhtar Donetsk), Vitaliy Mandzyuk (Dnipro Dniporpetrovsk), Yaroslav Rakytskyi (Shakhtar Donetsk), Yevhen Selin (Vorskla Poltava), Artyom Fedetskyi (Karpaty Lviv), Yevhen Khacheridi (Dynamo Kyiv)
    MF: Oleksandr Aliyev (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleksiy Hai (Shakhtar Donetsk), Denis Harmash (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleg Husev (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Konoplyank (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Serhiy Nazarenko (Tavriya Symferopol), Ruslan Rotan (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Anatoliy Tymoschuk (Bayern Munchen, Germany), Andriy Yarmolenko (Dynamo Kyiv), Roman Bezus (Vorskla Poltava)
    FW: Androy Voronin (Dinamo Moskva, Russia), Marko Devich (Metalist Kharkiv), Artyom Milevskyi (Dynamo Kyiv), Andriy Shevchenko (Dynamo Kyiv)

It's, perhaps, the best roster we can count on, aside from several key injuries. Due to injuries, Ukrainian top goalkeeper, Oleksandr Shovkovskyi (Dynamo Kyiv) is not available. Also the two of the top three center backs are injured, Taras Mykhalyk (Dynamo Kyiv) and Dmytro Chyhrynskyi (Shakhtar Donetsk). So, Ukrainian National Team is going to be very suspect in the center of defense, as we truly only have one consistent central defender, Rakytskyi.
    The only true debutante in this roster is Roman Bezus, who plays in a dispatcher / CAM role. I doubt he will start against Germany, although he may see some playing time against Germany or, what's more likely, Austria.

Here's the roster that I am expecting to start against Germany on the 11th:

---------- Rybka / Dikan ----------
    Butko ---- Kucher ---- Rakytskyi ---- Selin
    ------------ Tymoschuk ------------
    Husev ---- Milevskyi / Aliyev ---- Yarmolenko
    ---- Shevchenko --------Voronin ----

It's a more or less attacking roster but I just can't figure out how we can change to be more defensive, which would be more proper against Germany. Maybe starting Harmash instead of Milevskyi / Aliyev and pulling Voronin back into the CAM position? Any suggestions?

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No suggestion, it looks fine.

It does appear that the rumors of Edmar getting a cap just to placate the Metalist fans seems reasonably true, or at least plausible.

The defense looks embarrassing, but the rest typical.

10. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think Harmash is needed for the U-21s who have 2 serious Group qualifying games against Finland and Lithuania.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I agree. I am just guessing that his presence as a CAM/CDM is why Blokhin called him up.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I thought Edmar still had some passport issues. otherwise, Blokhin does not seem against calling him up.

As for defense - what a sorry bunch. It is very upsetting that as soon as the a couple of top CBs are injured our remaining CBs become our biggest liability.

When our top CBs are available, things look solid. I guess it speaks to the very shallow depth of talent.

Look how much better the roster becomes when everyone is healthy:

------------ Shovkovskyi ------------
    Butko ---- Mykhalyk ---- Chyhrynskyi ---- Rakytskyi
    ------------ Tymoschuk ------------
    Husev ---- Milevskyi ---- Yarmolenko
    Shevchenko -------- Voronin

This is a good roster. it is solid in every line and could do some damage at the Euro 2012

13. slavadynamo

slavadynamo Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It would be great to have a fully fit roster going into Euro, and thus some options to play with. Hopefully Voronin continues to be in decent form, but I must admit I am worried about Sheva's health as he seems to be breaking down physically a bit.

Having some young stars breaking through like Butko and Garmash, and seeing Yarmolenko and Rakytskyy continue to progress does provide hope for the future. What we are still lacking though is a quality forward to emerge from the youth ranks, an heir apparent to Sheva, if you will. We have had quality runs in the u19 and u21's recent years, but without a dominant striker up front. I'll have my fingers crossed from now until next summer, praying for someone to come out of nowhere to surprise us. Just seems bizarre that we are starting to produce some quality youth talents, yet our only real striking options going into our first major tournament in 6 years will be 35 and 33 years old!

PS- if we assume Neudstadter get his Uke passport etc, where does he fit in to a hypothetical lineup looking forward to next summer?

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The kid says he can be a CB or a DMid. That means he only starts if Tymoschuk, Mykhalyk, or Chyhrynskyi are missing. He could be a great backup for Tymoschuk and for years after Tymo is gone he can hold down the DMid position.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Not positive but I think Neudstadtner is a box to box midfielder. A good center mid which we severely lack, Stepanenko is ok but not having many matches since winter break.

Harmash needs to step up big time, I was calling for his inclusion after seeing he scored a European goal and it was always my dream since his brilliant U19 performance to see him develop enough to take part in Euro12. Glad Blokhin called him up, so far so good!

Konoplyanka isn't as good as he needs to be. Better than his predecessors technically but not the sharpest tool in the shed and his finishing is dreadful.

16. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Thanks for the info goliath! Any idea if there is a chance that one of Shovkovskyi, Mykhalyk, or Chyhrynskyi will get healthy in time for the Germany match on November 11th?

It's too bad that we may see a weakened version of team Ukraine against Germany if none of them have a chance to be ready in 8 days time.

On the other hand, Germany is going to be without their sturdy defensive midfielder Schweinsteiger for the match (broke his collarbone today), perhaps an attacking philosophy will prove to yield some success for team Ukraine in this match.

17. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    What do the colors mean in your post goliath?

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the players club team

Shakhtar = orange
    Dynamo = Blue

etc
    etc

19. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Ah I see, thank you!

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    My guess is - NO. Shovkovskyi may recover enough to be available (he broke his finger) but he has not been called up by Blokhin. He may get a call up, I suppose, if he plays tonight at Besiktas and/or Sunday against Metalist Kharkiv and if he plays well.

Mykhalyk injured the back side of his thigh. The injury is not as bad as once thought but he is not expected to appear for a week or two, at least. I am not sure with Chyhrynskyi. This whole season has been one long injury-marred stretch for him, so I do not expect him to be available any time soon.

On the flip side, it is sad to see Schweinsteiger hurt. I consider him one of the best Mannschaft players. On the other hand, it certainly gives us a tiny chance.

21. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Harmash was not selected for the U-21. A bit of a strange decision since he did play for Dynamo against Tavria. Maybe he's injured?

BTW - Only two Dynamo players in the U-21 squad. Koval and Rybalka.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Harmash was not selected for U-21 because Blokhin selected him for Germany.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you want Schweinsteiger in the team. It's a friendly, you want to be tested as best as possible.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Not when his collar bone is broken,

25. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    ok

Bezus has a one game suspension in U-21 competition so his selection to the Main squad is a good alternative.