Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ha, you watch fubol weekend (yeikend) too. Surprisingly, it's a real solid production. Aside from the crappy intro, in Ukrainian which non of the hosts/reporters speak on the show. The reporter with the bowl cut dresses like a tool. What I'm trying to say is if they hired me as a production consultant I would make the show top notch.:cool:

Naustadter needs to come quick. Once everyone is healthy-we're only missing a few pieces from making out of the group.

FYI Mihalik played in a Dynamo friendly over the weekend

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yes, and from what I understood, he is no more than a week or two away from returning to the roster. Husev is a little farther out. We (both Dynamo and UNT) need these two guys to return and contribute.

As far an the NT - Nazarenko needs to be there.

P.S. Blokhin says he had seen this Naustadter kid and says he likes what he sees. I think we may actually offer him a place on the NT in the not too far removed future, if the Germans don't beat us to him.

3. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol i just watched Ukr-Uru highlights. Sasho is a joke. Don't let him anywhere near the NT plz. Same with Dykan lol

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    SaSho is the best we have. He made a grivous error but we did not lose because of it.

5. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't really watch any UPL games, so I can't comment on Naz's form w/ Dnipro or, more recently, Tavriya. But I've always been quietly impressed with him on the NT. As far as I'm concerned he was our MVP for WC 2010 qualifiers. Scored two goals against Kazahkstan, one being a beauty from about 25 meters out. Scored against England of Ashley Cole's head and played well overall. I would like him to be on the game day roster, not necessarily as a starter. An in form Aliev, Kono, Gusev, Yarmo, and even Olynik should, SHOULD, start over Naz.

As for Naustadter, Blokhin was interviewed on football weekend and asked about the kid. All Blokhin said was he's seen Naustatder play. Reporter further inquired about wether or not Blokhin liked his play. Blokhin maintained that he's "seen" him play and would not comment wether or not he liked him. Read into it what you will. From what I inferred, I think Blokhin likes the kid.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol, yea well we definitely weren't able to win because of it. The guy is a blooper waiting to happen. His buffoonery at Slovenia in 2000 is just one in a solid catalog. Don't think you've had anything bad to say about any old Dynamo veterans, surprise surprise :rolleyes:

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Oh yea I rarely miss an episode, like you said its surprisingly very well produced. The first 3 weeks something was wrong with the link, it wouldn't play I was pissed haha. The host Denisov is really good, you can tell he has an understanding of western mentality and calls out all those idiots for their corrupt and pathetic handling of our league and NT lol love it.

I agree, once everyone is healthy (knock on wood) we will be tough for anyone to play, lots of talented youngsters and a sprinkle of veterans as the backbone. Just a few missing pieces and Naustadtner is one of those pieces. Put him in a triangle with Tymo and Stepanenko/Gai/Rotan/Aliev and we are the best we've ever been in center mid in a LOOOOOONG TIME. We need him so bad, praying our rotten FFU can make it happen...

8. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Good call on Denisov. He's a good journalist and a better host. I particualry enjoy his dry sense of humor.

The team looks good on paper but I wish we got to see more of the NT under Myron Markevich. What the hell happened? Metalist match fixing... were the ever "convicted"? Were they penalized points in the standings? I do, however, recall you(footy) complaining that there was a conflict of interest between Markevich and the fact that he manages in the UPL. I believe you referenced discrepancies in minutes played between Metalist Dnipro players. As much as it sounds as a wild consipiracy theory, I think it holds some weight. For me, Metalist's integrity comes into question... primarly for the match fixing and my personal prejudice against UPL teams with a strong Brazilian contigent.

I believe the UA NT thread has official developed a Naustadter fixation...and rightfully so.

9. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Armenia is 16 spots ahead of Ukraine in the FIFA world rankings. Nestled in snuggly between Estonia and Georgia in Euro rankings. I remember like two years ago joking to my friend that Ukraine were gonna catch Portugal because they were only 2 spots behind. Now I'd be happy to be on the same facking page!

10. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Been keeping track of Dinamo Moskva lately; Voronin looks like he is in Bertha form. Voronin presents quite the quandary. He's never played well for the NT but his current form keeps him hard to leave off the squad.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think Blokhin has called up the strongest possible UNT roster (IMO) for the upcoming matches at Bulgaria and Estonia. Some of the players may only be recovering from their injuries and may not be 100% but as far as the name selection is concerned, it is tough to imagine a stronger UNT formation:

GK: Dikan (Spartak Moskva, RUS), Rybka (SD), Shovkovskyi (DK)

DF: Butko (IM), Mykhalyk (DK), Rakytskyi (SD), Selin (VP), Fedetskyi (KL), Khacheridi (DK), Chyhrynskyi (SD)

MF: Aliyev (DK), Hai (SD), Husev (DK), Konoplyanka (DD), Nazarenko (TS), Rotan (DD), Tymoschuk (Bayern Munchen, GER), Yarmolenko (DK)

FW: Voronin (Dinamo Moskva, RUS), Devic (MK), Milevskyi (DK), Seleznyov (SD), Shevchenko (DK), Shynder (TS)

There is one newcomer - Yevhen Selin (Vorskla), a left back. I think he can not be much worse than Shevchuk. We'll see. Blokhin is still calling up Shynder. I guess he may, at some point, consider Kovpak. Blokhin had not called Kovpak up before (other UNT coaches did, though). Bezus and Bilyi may become intriguing options down the road.

12. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    yeaaah maa boyyy Selin called up.

13. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Xacheridi - out (injured)
    Mandziuk - IN

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  15. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't know if everything will be expedited in time for Euro. After all, jurists are working on this now.

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is just the break we need. Finally a solution to our anemic creative midfield game, hopefully just in time for Euro's.

So who do we play/lose to this week?

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We needed to start winning. A 3-0 beating of an understrength Bulgarian team helps. UNT looked good out there today. And, what's even better, Mykhalyk and Husev returned to the roster.

21. cesare13

cesare13 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    did anyone see the game? How were Milevskyy and Seleznyev? Has anyone not given up on Milevskyy yet? Any chance in hell this guy can actually be the go to guy in 2012?

22. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I saw the second half. I've given up on Milya about 2 years ago (and I think everyone else here has too). The guy has no striking ability, no pace, little desire, he's a smoker, and probably on the road to steady alcoholism. He does provide the occasional through ball, but as far as I'm concerned he's done. BTW, he had an embarrassing whiff on a ball from 11 meters out.

Unfortunately, Seleznov is not much better. He's a slightly better finisher than Milevsky, but does not have the passing touch of Milya.

I have proposed Devic to subplant both of these losers. Devic and Sheva have combined nicely in limited playing time. Also, I know Voronin plays poorly for the NT, but his club form demands yet another chance.

Besides the losers (Milya and Seleznov), and the outsiders (Devic, Voronin) there is not much attacking options at the forward position for Ukraine. Which is why the strength, and focus of this team should be on defense. It pains most fans to say that a team should develop a more defensive minded approach but this is the only way we can get results at this point. Ukraine should rely on the steady play of Mihalik, Rakistky, Chygrynsky, Tymo; hope Naustatder visa issues are settled; hope that Butko, Selin, Stepanenko, and some other youngsters emerge (I'm looking at you Garmash).

Anyone know what happened to Koval and SD's Kravchenko.

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Milevsky is developing into a A-Mid. That's where he's best at. he had a few VERY good passes and was active on almost every good attack (including goals). At this point, he's not a forward. Seleznyov is just useless, should not even be compared to Milevsky. Actually, I am totally surprised I have ANYTHING good to mention about Milya. But when he deserves it, I certainly do.

You know what the problem with Devic is? He runs around too much like a chicken without a head. He runs and runs and runs. Usually, it is a good trait. But we have a lot of players like that on UNT. Devic is not a finisher and not much of a scorer. And if I have to choose among horses (the players who can run a whole game), I'd choose Yarmolenko and Husev. With these two on the pitch, there is little room for Devic.

Husev, Yarmolenko, Aliyev can bring some offense. Not much, but it is, certainly, something.

I see nothing wrong with playing defensive football. If you have decent defense and, potentially, UNT does, what is wrong with winning on solid defense?

Koval let 2 goals in from Malta U-21 (although, arguably, he could not be blamed for those). Kravchenko is not very good right now.

24. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Milya still misses more chances than he creates. He passed the ball well against Bulgaria and added a nice flick, but then had that horrendous miss.

Sorry, not Koval but Kobin. What happened to him

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Husev and Aliyev score for Ukraine and they are leading at Eesti 2-0 with 15 minutes to go. interestingly, it took ukraine the entire first half to open the scoring.

P.S. Estonia could be in the play-offs for Euro 2012!!!! I heard something like that but wasn't sure it was true