Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is a new cycle of u-21's no one has been bragging about them in here. Ok, maybe g74 but who takes him serious?

2. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The little exchange that happened in regards to Ukrainian and Russian talent. ;)

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You're going to have to be a little more specific: we've had a myriad of those. In essence, both sides have equally average talent level.

4. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah Husyev played RB. Butko came on in injury time and didn't even touch the ball lol. I honestly don't get these last minute substitutions in injury time in freaking friendlies. Like why does Blokha and before Kalitvintsev do it. Srsly after 20 games like this, statistically some players are gonna be considered NT vets, cumulutively playing like 2 games for the NT in minutes.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    We'll discuss this another day on the Russia thread.

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Apparently UNT U-21 lost split-squad games today:

The UNT U-21 "A" lost a friendly at Portugal 0-2
    The UNT U-21 "B" lost a friendly at Israel 0-4

UNT U-19 was also in action yesterday:
    UNT U-19 - Denmark U-19 5-1 (the frequently mentioned Boris Taschi of Dynamo Moskva scored a goal)

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I believe it deals with fiscal enumeration. If a player gets an appearance on the field then the player will get paid more than just sitting on the bench. (At least some National teams have this policy and I would assume that YKPAIHA is no different)

Its a friendly match, and Blokhin also has to keep his players happy. Especially in a friendly match its a good policy to give players a notion that they contribute.

When we get to meaningful games I think Blokhin will be smart to make substitutions which are far more strategic.

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Late substitutions are also designed to break the flow. Especially when you're trying to hold on to a winning score.

9. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Cmmon I think everyone on the team including Butko knows that he didn't contribute anything to the win. The man didn't even touch the ball. I understand making a defensive substitution around the 85th minute, but 90+? And I mean srsly if we have to make time wasting subs against the likes of Israel, there is very little hope for this NT.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And you're making such observations based on one 93rd minute substitution in a friendly match? Really? You're reaching.

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I reckon the answers given are good enough...

If you find them inadequate, why don't you get a journalism degree and head back to YKPAIHA and sit in front of Blokhin and ask him directly what is point of a substitution at 90+2'?????

Bwahahahahahaha

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What did you think of Husiev as RB? You think he's cut out for it defensively?

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    btw shevafan I think Shovkovsky did the superman twice! Watching the game right now, he did it 5 min into the game with an Israeli player getting the header in front of him as he dove at air leaving the net completely empty if the ball was on target lol, would've been a trademark Shovkovsky blooper goal. I think I saw him do it on one of the highlights too earlier this morning so I think he might've done it twice lol

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Holy shit he dove at air on a short soft cross inside the box in the 6th minute too LOOOLLLL!!!!!! wtf maaaan, this is bad...

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nice to see Gusiev at RB. Wasn't really tested defensively so no telling what he would look like when we are on the back foot against a world class side. But he was great in possession, most importantly making timely overlapping runs with Yarmolenko, that's what any good modern side needs.

Also nice to see Voronin used in that central playmaking role. He had a good showing I thought. Even tracked back to stop a counter and made a slide tackle and won the goal kick back.

We really lack quality in possession with Tymo and Rotan as the midfield anchors. We would be so sick with Neustedner and Tymo in there..my god :(

16. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Considering our situation with RBs right now, I think he is the optimal choice at that spot.

The only thing is that there are really different aspects to this.

If he plays well tactically, meaning he makes TIMELY runs in attack, he can be a very dangerous weapon at that spot. If he constantly over commits though, against the likes of France and England, he will get skinned and I guarantee you that at least a couple of goals will be scored from that flank against us (Ashley Young/Ribery). So if he plays RB he will need to basically focus 75% on defence to play the position effectively. However in this case you can argue that we are losing a very solid attacking player at that RW position.

In our situation however imo we have no option but to play him at RB, because Butko is just not at that level, and he is currently our only option other than Gusev.

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There is also Rotan who can play DM, CB, and RB.

18. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Currently I think only these players are a lock for the NT:

Yarmolenko
    Tymoschuk
    Konoplyanka
    Devic
    Rakitskiy
    Chygrynskiy
    Gusev

Then there is till the question of Left back, 2 CMs and the keeper although most of these dynamo cavemen are giving it to Sasho already.

I would really like to see Edmar in the midfield with Tymo because he would at least give us one decent passing midfielder that can actually make a through ball, and considering that Devic will play center forward (I really hope i mean there isn't anyone else) the understanding between the two from Metalist could really help out. The question of that last midfielder/playmaker is difficult. Aliev, Sheva, Rotan(for a more defensive line-up), Garmash, Nazarenko are all options. Left Back is probably gonna be left for Selin or maybe Shevchuk but I never liked Shevchuk, because tbh we just need someone purely defensive in that spot.

19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I wouldn't put my money on Rotan playing RB effectively. Gusev at least has played the position before for quite a long time.

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So has Rotan. In fact, Rotan played RB at least three times last Fall.

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Chyhrynskyi - not a lock. Mykhalyk is more of a lock than Chyhrynskyi. Sheva is certainly a lock as is SaSho.

Edmar has been depressingly inconsistent lately. Would have good games and bad games. At this point I would go with Rotan, he may not have Edmar's skill but he is extremely consistent defensively and is very reliable.

The optimal UNT roster right now, IMO, is as follows:
    SaSho - Husev, Mykhalyk, Rakytskyi, Selin - Rotan, Tymo - Yarmolenko, Aliev, Konoplyanka - Sheva, Milevskyi (or Devic)

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So based on the friendly results this week and the reactions to them it seems that

England are terrible and won't win a game, ever again

France are tournament favorites, all hail the new rulers of Euro

Sweden are dangerous as long as Zlatan feels like they should be

23. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And are still in the game at the very end.

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How is Sheva not a lock for you? If he's healthy to go, he's in. Voronin with his current form is a lock, would play him in the playmaker role over Aliev any day. Don't care about his NT goal scoring record if he's playing the way he has been. Only guys other than him good enough in that role is Sheva and Garmash, Milevsky and Nazarenko can fck off.

I wonder if Stepanenko is going to play again this season? Would be nice to have him just in case.

Selin seems ok but I don't trust that rat tail. If Mykhailyk can stay healthy and regain his feet (he hasn't so far, looks sluggish) our best bet is to play him and Chygry as CB and Rakitsky at LB. However Chygrynsky and Mykhailyk haven't played together since god knows when, April 2009 in Wembley? :rolleyes:

25. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    When I'm talking about a lock I mean the starting line-up and with Sheva's pace and fitness with his constant injuries he is definitely not a a lock for the starting line-up. Milevskiy's form has been shit as has Aliev's, but they will still be in the squad as subs. Nazarenko is a decent sub to have on the bench as well so I would take him just in case.

Rakitskiy isn't gonna play LB cause he hasn't played in that postion since his first season at Shakhtar I think. And overall I think we need him at CB more, because having two tall CBs in Chygr and Mykhalyk who are also not very mobile is dangerous. Yeah we'll win the headers, but France will rape us on the ground. Plus both Mykhalyk and Chygr just recently off injuries. and they don't play together. Rak and Chygr have better experience playing with each other at Shakhtar, which can be used as an advantage.

Playing Voronin... idk. He has been known to screa up over and over and over and over in important games.

The problem with this fckin NT is that Surkis left it till one year left to appoint a manager, and now instead of building an ideal squad for a couple of years, we have to glue shit together in one year on limited friendlies. Man I hate him so much. Had all the opportunity to build a team for this tournament and managed to fck that up.