Candidates for 2019 WWC

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by ralmcg, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that Brazil and South Africa should come before USA who already got it twice and South America and Africa never... Sorry if you'll be dead in 2039, then (I will be). :confused:

2. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    In today's transmition of the final game of the Brasilia Tournament, the brasilian commentator said that Brasil will be running for the 2019 WWC.

blissett and Gromit06 repped this.
  3. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Woah! Not cool, man. :cry:

4. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well... that's life ! (if I may say so... :p)

blissett repped this.
  5. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I can see Brazil going for the 2019 WWC, especially, if the country pulls off next year's tournament, as well as Rio 2016. By 2019, the country should be well prepared for a major women's tournament. The President is a major supporter of the women's team and appears to have a special bond with Marta; I can see Dilma encouraging this endeavor.

Gromit06 repped this.
  6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I would love to see Brazil host it in 2019.
    They would be extra motivated to subsidize at least 10-12 Brazilian allocated players to NWSL.

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Good gawd, I hope not. The Brazil Fed needs to worry about and support their own women's clubs. Hopefully, a successfully 2015 showing will help this.

Gromit06 repped this.
  8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    That is supporting their players.
    They would pay their players comfortable salaries and living to play in NWSL.

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Does it sometimes occur in your mind that there is a world outside of your country ? :sneaky:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    The best league (BY FAR) in the Western Hemisphere is the NWSL.
    Brazil's league alone can't compare to NWSL (with USA, Canada, and Mexico, plus other internationals).
    It would be best for the Western Hemisphere to have one super league, including Brazil.

11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    The inside word is that the 2015 WWC schedule formatting will look like this.
    Each team will have at least three days full rest in between group matches.

2015 Women's World Cup (Schedule Format):
    [​IMG]

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #112 newsouth, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    Dilma is waving her magic wand now for women's soccer, but the thieves will only give in so much, they are covering unlimited friendlies, travel and expenses but aren't Good Will. o_O

I believe the ladies are still getting their normal money/stipend and housing, have seen nothing that makes me believe otherwise.

I think they are in the same situation as 2007, but if they are able to topple the USA (a beyond loaded squad compared to 2007 but Wambach ridiculous journey is the hold back and the ticket for a team to upset them since she should be on the bench in 2015, not a full time forward with Press and Sydney on the roster) this time, then Dilma can push for more like the NWSL and compensation and money similar to the national volleyball team.

Go Brasil!

13. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think that Chile is a very good argument for developing a competitive league with in a country.

14. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
  16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The BBC doesn't know, the S-A FA probably does... ;)

17. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
  18. HazzaMidd

HazzaMidd Member

Apr 12, 2014
    England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    South Korea have put a bid in to host WWC 2019:
    My bet is Australia for 2019.
    Love to see England host, hopefully they would do a better job than Euro 2005: France v Italy less than 1000 turned up at Deepdale.
    Sweden did a great job of Euro 2013 like to see them host sooner rather than later.
    As you say Brazil need to put the money into grassroots football. Poland outside bet, South Africa slightly more likely. About time Australia hosted something, interesting to see what crowds they will get in Asian Cup 2015

19. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Sweden recently withdrew from the 2019 World Cup bidding. This leaves five countries: Australia, Brazil, South Korea, South Africa & Poland.

20. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Tokyo % gambling odds
    Australia - 62%
    (huge favorite here, by far)
    Brazil - 20% (2014 World Cup, 2015 WWC, & 2016 Olympics, not looking good for Western Hemisphere in 2019)
    South Korea - 10% (Japan is probably winning the bid for 2023 WWC. That hurts South Korea in 2019)
    South Africa - 5% (not happening yet. too soon. every other nation to host it was a Top 10 FIFA Women's team)
    Poland - 3% (it doesn't go from Sweden, to Germany, to Poland, in the chain of Euro nations to host the WWC)

luvdagame repped this.
  21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Going by "hemisphere" is rather silly when you consider all of the past four men's world cups (and thus the last four Confederations Cups) were all in the "Eastern" hemisphere, as were the past four Summer Olympics (though those aren't major tournaments for the men's senior game). And if you're going by Confederation, Australia's chances of getting it are rather slim when you consider Japan will be a shoe-in for 2023, since Australia is AFC as well. If you're gonna knock South Korea, be consistent!

22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    You can't compare Western to Eastern Hemisphere on an equal playing field. If you were to take the Top 40 most prominent nations in the world that are ready to host "any" major tournament of any event, then Western Hemisphere would have USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina on that list, and the other 35 of that Top 40 list worldwide would be Eastern Hemisphere nations. Overall, Eastern Hemisphere will probably host more than 3/4 of the major tournaments (and especially the men's world cup), so at times they'll have a large string in a row. Hence, Western Hemisphere isn't going to get too many tournaments in a smaller 5-year time frame (2014 WC, 2015 WWC, 2016 Olympics, and 2019 WWC?)

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    It's not just about the confederation, it's also about the diversity of culture, and the continent.
    The Australian culture is a far greater contrast from Japan, than South Korea's culture is.
    Technically, Australia is an "ocean" country, and not a true Asian country.
    So Japan would not get penalized in 2023 for that, if Australia were host in 2019.
    But FIFA is not going to go with two "traditional" Asian cultural nations in a row (South Korea, Japan).
    Australia is far from a traditional Asian nation. They're not even a part of the Asian continent, as Australia is its own continent, when looking at it on "continental" terms ..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

With the way the votes fall it is all about confederation and little about culture.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  25. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    There is a big rumour in polish media lately that polish federation gave up running for hosting Euro 2020 and instead want to host Women's Euro in 2017. It that's true then you can scratch Poland off this list.