How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I know we are Real Madrid and challenge all fronts, but with a 1-0 heading into the second leg? We haven't been this close to a final in a very long time.

I'd give Morata the start, he deserves one.

I'd also start Illara, Casemiro, Modric, Cristiano and Isco. In defense, I'd give Coentrao and Carvajal a rest (Nacho, Marcelo).

I'd sub in Bale, Di Maria (Modric, Isco) and another for Isco. All around the 60th or so minute.

2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    This is when Jese and Khedira would have been ideal :(

I wouldn't change the team too much. Only play one of Bale/Ronaldo with the other on the bench. Maybe rest one out of Xabi/Modric with Illarra/Casemiro. Rest the starting LB for the Bayern game. And then use the bench to rest players if we build a lead. It will be deflating to go into the next Bayern match after a defeat that ends the league for us.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Thought the same thing when I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to rest these guys while not throwing La Liga away. Those two, especially Jese are sorely missed.

I think we need a massive resting of players. They ran their skin off today and they will need to in another 6 days. They need more time to recuperate and full matches won't help.

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    yep, I'd rest Dani, Coentrao, Xabi, Benz, ADM and Pepe. Nacho, Varane, Marcelo, Morata, Illara and Casemiro will do just fine filling in. Bring Xabi and Benz on around 65 minutes if we're struggling.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    MOTM today IMO.

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  6. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My hope is that Cristiano and Bale are each healthy enough to play 45'. Cristiano in particular - he didn't look 100% physically today, but he also looked like he was shaking off a bit of rust, and it'd be nice to see him get a goal this weekend.

7. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You must be new here. I've been saying the same thing over and over since bale arrived. Don't waste your breath.

8. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has been MOTY for this team. An integral part of this team. Without him creating in the final third this team would not be as fun to watch.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha

10. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With the way this team played on Wednesday, I highly doubt that Ancelotti is going to play both Ronaldo/Bale at once in Germany. 50/50 split would be my bet, both this weekend and in the CL.

11. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Haters gonna hate, but Mr. Champions League does it again. 5 goals and 5 assists in 9 matches.

[​IMG]

Tobias19 repped this.
  12. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am officially a Madrista. Card is in the mail. Those that are still hating on Benzy should have just gave me the card.

Best season in Madrid and there is still hate. As an official Madrista, who spends their hard earned dollar in support of the club, I can officially tell you guys to stop hating on our boy.

[​IMG]
    (not my card but it is coming)

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way he has been missing tap ins recently, he deserves some credits for scoring that one.

Well done Karim.

Chinky24 repped this.
  14. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So the problem with Benzy is missing tap ins?

Lets just say he made all those tap ins, it would put him near 30 goals plus all those assists and link ups. So if he makes all those tap ins, you guys would call him the greatest striker today right?

...but because he is not making those tap ins, now we resort to calling him a bum?

The common ground here? Benzy is not the greatest striker today but he is one fantastic player. Unfortunately, I have to hear people say he sucks and he is no good. Please put that Madrista card in the paper shredder.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who called him a bum?

He DID miss similar chances this season (and before), that's a fact. It was good to see him focused 100% on that goal.

16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been wondering where to get a Madrista card. Do you buy those online from Nigeria or in the city of Madr itself?

RMSocrates, Namejs, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  17. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can buy them on the team's website. I was going to wait till my trip to Europe and purchase it at the Bernabeu.

I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what they look like but looking forward to some discounts.

18. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Whoosh!

Chinky24 and Crimson repped this.
  19. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Or you know, we could instead give him credit for helping start the counter attack when he passed the ball inside our own half to Isco, who then passed it to Ronaldo, who then passed to Coentrao: who then passed it in front of goal to Benzema, who had run all the way from our own half, lost his man and gotten in a great position to send the ball.

or we could just ignore all of that and just call it a "tap in".

ozil_express, Umar and jeremy123 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's been fantastic since the start of the year. Deserves some rest this weekend though.

21. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    100% agreed. The most impressive thing about that entire sequence was Benzema running.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, he passed the ball in our own half to Isco AND ran all the way from our half!. That's a Ballon D'or move. What is that move called anyway? Pre-pre-assist? Grand Pres-assist? He didn't lose his man btw, that man chose to go for a tackle leaving Benzema uncovered.

It was nothing more than a tap in by a great play from Ronaldo and Coentrao. No need to give Benzema more/less credit than he deserves for a simple tap in.

No one is trying to criticize him. Stop being so defensive.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't agree about fantastic, he had a good stretch of games followed by 7-8 games without scoring, he wasn't that bad in those games though.

But he does need rest. We need him fresh vs Bayern, especially for pressuring.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He doesn't need to score every game with who we have up front, but he certainly needs to put in work off the ball and create spaces for the other two. He's done an excellent job of that in 2014, in my opinion. He only lines up as a striker, but he really doesn't play a striker role in our team.

Anon., Akramzizou, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    That's true. At some point though you've got to ask yourself what you want from the third attacker besides Ronaldo and Bale and if off the ball movement, pressing and link up play is the answer if the time hasn't come then to take a chance on Isco to incorporate him in the team.

Eddie repped this.