2014 NBA PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by EPJr, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Obvious as heck it was a foul..

[​IMG]

Obvious travel here as well

[​IMG]

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barkley, Shaq & Kenny all on tnt say it was travel as well..

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that Blake fadeaway was a pure travel.

And that was a foul. But that never gets called that late.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    OKC in trouble?
    For all the talk of the Spurs not being built to defeat the Thunder in a series, they might once again be freed from the task by another team!

6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't think the Grizzlies could do it again, but they are a team that can give them or anyone else trouble.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I rather face okc in a final, then memphis. Memphis is maybe toughest matchup there could be for the miami heat.... more so then the spurs even.

8. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    No doubt, but I thought I was the only one who saw it, until Reggie Miller pointed it out. A possession or two earlier, when Draymond stole the ball from Paul, he double dribbled. All in all, the refs are not the reason you lost the game, neither were they the one who decided the first game.

9. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I think they could go past OKC, but I can't see them making the WCF again. Though this talk is premature IMO, Durant hasn't really taken the series over yet, which is bound to happen. For the sake of OKC, let's hope it's not too late.

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Last time I checked, MVP is for the regular season and not a "best player" award. Do you really think KD is unworthy? I think most people would agree Lebron is the best player on the planet, but his team arguably underperformed and his numbers went down. Meanwhile the Heat finished with a worse record, in a worse conference, and KD scored 5 more points per game, got more rebounds, and had basically otherworld numbers. Lebron also got more games from his sidekick. This is no Steve Nash MVP.

But you can't seem to put down the homer glasses at all so I guess we should just ignore your posts?

11. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Crazy first round - I can see both number 1 seeds falling which would really make it wide open. Griffin may really prove a lot of us wrong.

We haven't spent near enough time talking about how crazy Aldridge is playing right now. Everyone on these boards told me not to take their regular season seriously.

12. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Aldridge has been really fantastic these two games, but it remains to be seen if he can maintain that (ofc not 40ppg, but something similar). For now his midrange jumper is falling and Houston hasn't really found a solution for him yet. I haven't watched any games, but have Houston tried puting Asik and Howard on the floor at the same time?

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I haven't seen them go twin towers, but they've had trouble double teaming because he's getting his mid range jumper off so fast that they are having trouble closing him down. And basically all his shots are dropping. Fun to watch.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They havent got a tall enough and athletic player to stop lemarcus...howard is too short and asik cant jump or will get blown by

15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    ? I think Howard is plenty tall enough - I just Lemarcus is playing out of his mind and no one can single cover him.

zohee repped this.
  16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If they stood next to each other, u would see. Plus aldridge has a massive wingspan and high release point so its hard to contest, let alone block

17. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howard isn't as tall as you would think.

070212-NBA-move-over-lebron-LN-PI_2012070218445260_660_320.JPG

thebigman repped this.
  18. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Underdogs have been having a phenomenal success so far.

19. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Portland 2-0 up with them going back hone means the series is done. Even though both games have been tight Houston has been playing poorly. Harden has been awful 29% shooting and Howard when he dominates disrupts the flow of their offense. If they drop in the 1st round the season would be A massive disappointment for the rockets.

The warriors clips game yesterday was full of blown call down the stretch. Curry was clearly fouled, Blake traveled and Blake committed an offensive foul on green at the top of the key but instead got a foul on Green. Still that didn't coast Oakland the game their weak play throughout the game did that.

Memphis can beat okc but I still see okc pulling this out In 7. Okc is better from last year and Memphis IMO has slipped from last years grizzles team. I see the spurs taking one or maybe two In Dallas. Like dirk said he wish the mavs didn't have to go back home they are better on the road and don't play to good at home.

20. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lmao thanks Nene you dumb ass

benni... repped this.
  21. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Right, both Howard and Asik, from what I've seen and heard, have played pretty good defence on him, contesting shots and all. If it's falling down now, doesn't mean he can sustain it for the whole series. Today is a good example (8-22).

22. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LAMARCUS Aldridge is the best PF in the game no doubt about it.

Waliatiger repped this.
  23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hench, your the most reactionary poster of all time

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Pretty much. Of all people shouldn't be him.

25. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Since we're talking about the Houston: Portland series, Bill Simmons was the first to mention this.. he considers Harden to be the most streaky star in the league. One day he goes 0-10 from 3, then he puts three 35+point games in succession. Houston need him hot in their next game, if they want to even in out. Otherwise they're as good as gone.