Team Name

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by socceriscoolusa, Nov 1, 2003.

1. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CTS26 and sodi_gar repped this.
  2. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #202 raymondleone, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Looks like there's some credence to the San Cadilla story.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDasNYT/status/459697335946448896

auroraadvocate
    Regarding Stadium

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  3. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some, but not a lot, as the last link has Garber saying that part of the problem with Chivas USA was that it didn't have a local owner, so I have a hard time believing they would then turn around and sell to another Mexican owner. Of course, if that Mexican owner was based in the States (more specifically LA,) well that's another matter all together.

4. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    According to Sancadilla the Mexican owner lives in LA

5. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, cool. Thank you. I totally admit to not knowing that, I don't read spanish too well, and GoogleTranslate made a real mess of that article.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #206 Eleven Bravo, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Hey guys, new to this forum... Not wanting to troll so take my suggestions with some grace.

A name that I like a lot is FC California Angelinos. I wanted to go with FC So Cal Angelinos but figured it was too long. But I like this name as it references all of California but still specific to LA.

There is also the name that I want for my Atlanta franchise, but if we go Phoenix, I'd suggest LA Empire if the team were to play closer to the Inland Empire.

Generic names that I like are: Legion, Alliance, and Vanguard. I also like the idea of LA Goats... And one name that I don't mean to be offensive but it's catchy to me is LA Jokers... In that, (again I'm not coming here to troll so apologize in advance) Chivas was considered the "joke" team in MLS, but this new team is the alternative team for the Galaxy and also that the joker is the wildcard in the deck. To me, it's awesome because it is a complete contradiction to the Galaxy, team of celebrities and movie stars. Has more of a down to earth feel but also edgy. More, it'd be cool to see this club reemerge from league joke to one of its top competitors. Has an underdog tone to it. I understand many of y'all would hate it but it would endear me to the team.

7. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One I am personally fond of is Club Angelino. Simple, unique.

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heres a thought, don't make it Hispanic or Latin based at all.

9. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having LOS ANGELES in the name might complicate things then, just a thought.

gveli001 repped this.
  10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's as American as Miami orPhiladelphia nowadays. Angelenos though? Make sure you add Club Deportiva to drive the crowds in...

11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like to point out that Antonio Cue also lives in LA & that didn't change that fact that we were a cheap ass team. This club needs local ownership with deep pockets willing to invest in the club & compete with the others & making this club #1 priority not just a side project.

I really hope the club name is simple Los Angeles FC. If the team's future home will be at the SportsArena they need to make sure they market the club to everyone. For anyone that thinks re-branding the club to LA Aztecs is a good idea WTF? o_O

CTS26, sodi_gar and USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  12. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    L.A. Aztecs is a sick name. What are you talking about? it looks good as either L.A. Aztecs or Los Angeles Aztecs. You can't go wrong. And that logo is still very good. Do a google image search and there is an updated logo on a hat. That looks really really good. I'm really hoping for Aztecs.

13. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know what that team's logo looks like. That argument is not going to change people's minds.

14. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magic Johnson's group that owns the Dodgers is talking about a NFL team in LA and has been linked to the Clippers. Perhaps they want to add soccer to their portfolio. LA Aztecs is a classic name.

15. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Seriously, if you're here to troll, enough.

16. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was here to troll, I would have suggested that Donald Sterling is about to have some freed up cash and could acquire the team

17. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're trolling based on our definition of trolling.

Here's how it works, you are trolling if:
    -You mention San Diego as a possible destination for Chivas USA
    -You mention Aztecs because you love the name, NASL, Elton John, low attendance at the LA coliseum.
    -You mention the "racist" attitude of Vergara and generalize all the Chivas USA fans with your take
    -You aren't a regular contributor to our forum AND you support another team
    -You say ridiculously stupid comments

manoa, Hachiko, athletics68 and 4 others repped this.
  18. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon my typo, I meant Club Angeleno. You know, Angeleno, as in Angeleno = Someone from Los Angeles. So, it's kind of like saying it's the club for people from LA. I don't know, doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me. The initials are C.A. as in California, you could make a sweet logo with CA (it might evoke the old Angels logo maybe) And Er mer Gerd, it's sound like I might have put some thought into all this, and not just spouted off "AZTECS!!!! Yeah!!!" or LA "something mildly offensive here." That may have something to do with the fact that I am an actual fan of this team and I actually give a damn about them and how successful they are. I not just some random a-hole troll shouting out random nonsense for my own amusement.
    So I'm sorry (no, not really ) that my idea that I actually put a little thought into didn't knock you off your feet as much as LA Aztecs or LA random animal/verb. But yeah, I'm sure my ideas, as someone who's lived in LA and still lives in S. California and still attends games when I can, aren't nearly as great as random soccer fan from where-ever.

edit: Just to be clear, SoccerPrime, I'm not implying you are a troll, I'm simply commenting on the fact that almost half the posts in this thread are trolls, spouting nonsense.

sodi_gar repped this.
  19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, I don't like Aztecs or a random animal/verb name either.

20. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    LA random animal/verb athletic international synonyms for soccer association. That sounds tight. LARAAISSA. I Can hear the chants from the stands in my head "let's go random animals 'clap clap' clap clap clap'"

21. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club Angelenos del Los Angele or just simply Club Angelenos without adding the Los Angeles name would be very unique and interesting. It's so different from the norm, I'm liking it just for it's uniqueness alone!

23. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shouldn't it be Angelino, seeing that Angeles is a Spanish word so it has to be conjugated in Spanish still? I know it's being picky but I thought I might add that.

24. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #224 MLS1FAN, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    It's not being picky at all and you are 100% right. I spelled it the way the original poster did, but if he meant to spell it Angelinos, it's still a unique enough name. If this Los Angeles based team is only called "Club Angelinos" it's kinda reminiscent of Club America where they're a Mexico City club but the city name isn't used in the team's name. In the case of Club Angelinos, you wouldn't have to use the Los Angeles name because it's a given the team is Los Angeles based and representing the people of Los Angeles. Plus in the end how do you add Los Angeles to Angelinos without the risk of sounding redundant?

25. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Angeleno is a term for a Los Angeles resident. Yes, spelled with an e, not an i. Plural is Angelenos.

Los Ángelinos is something that some Spanish speakers call the Angels baseball team. Kinda like the Giants are "Los Gigantes"... :rolleyes:

So the intent of the original poster was to say "Club Residents of Los Angeles." Not "Club Angels."