Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XIX

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Scary thing is he just barely turned 21. He's got potential to become one of the best.

P to the Wee repped this.
  2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Bazi said it best. if he already signed the contract these ridiculous and outrageous comment about kroos would have never happened. but just because he wanted to explore his options and doesnt want to stay in your favorite club he gets blamed for every single thing he does wrong. but dude. whatever, say what you want about the dude. he already proved his worth and doesnt wait for criticism from an online poster. thats the dark truth of this matter.

as i said, carry on :thumbsup:

3. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still didn't refute any of the criticisms, and even called on Bazi to do it for you.

I criticize Lahm when he plays in midfield too and he doesn't have any contract dispute. Kind of kills that whole conspiracy theory you came up with.

The fact is Kroos has many holes in his game as a CM/DM with his only real strengths being possession and long range shooting.

Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger formed the best central midfield in Europe last year and are both much more complete, well rounded midfielders. It is mind boggling why we are so content to have that critical spine of the treble winning squad discarded.

biohazard and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am not calling anyone. I dont care about arguing on the Internet. Life is too short to measure dicks on the web

5. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So then why are you arguing on the internet?

6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am not. i was telling you, dont you get tired of making the same argument? then you asked for contribution. i gave you one.

7. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not really.

I asked for a rebuttal of my specific criticisms of Toni Kroos, and all I got was comments about measuring dicks.

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly? I could unterstand it. He barely gets recognized under Pep, just a normal move to look at some offers - if there really is one ;)

I don´t know how you guys felt, but watching the Real Game I kinda had the impression that the big breaking point, in which we have to replace the likes of Schweinsteiger, Robben and Ribery isn´t really that far away from now. I´m not going to say that I had the impression just from watching this one game here, but let´s be honest: Ribery is 31 and is looking incredibly tired and we can´t settle 100% on the Fact that Robben will have another Monster-Season. I´d probably be looking around carefully on the transfermarket for available wingers actually.

I´m kind of scared, that Bayern will sleep over their rebuilding...just like Barcelona and United did.

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robben ==> Müller
    Ribéry ==>Götze?

We have Alaba, Boateng, Neuer, Thiago, Kroos?, Lewandowksi, Götze, Müller, Javi who are not getting old anytime in the near future. There might be a season where we get out early because we didn't replace a player, but it won't be a core of guys. I think Schweini will be relatively easy to replace, if we don't have the replacement already. As for a Ribéry replacement, I don't know, I don't think that guy is available/exists yet. I'd like Draxler to stick at Schalke for another year to see what he can do, otherwise I'd break the bank for Eden Hazard. Great young wingers are really few these days, that's why you see Neymar and Bale going for 9 figure transfer fees these days. The guy I feel like we probably will never fully be able to replace is Lahm. We better enjoy him now because there won't be another one of him coming along anytime soon.

humin12 repped this.
  11. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can´t see Müller as an accurate Robben replacement at all, since IMO he´s strengh is more as 9 or false nine in high rotation. Götze is no winger at all, and already absolutley wasted at that position. As an Ribery-Replacement, there is only one option really: Reus. I´m quite confident that we´ll pay his buyout clause next summer (35m?). But for Robben? If we want to continue with an offense consisting and existing out of dangerous wingers, we´ll have to get something really good as an Arjen-sucessor. I sure as hell hope no Draxler.

12. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1437 Fernando_Bayern_BR, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Javi unhappy ?!?

You don't say ?!?!?

He went from starter and best DM in the world to a bench player ...

But I guess we are better off with Rafinha as a starter... :rolleyes:

13. xevi

xevi Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Manresa, Catalunya
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    taking what media and the board ara saying i just see this in the next transfer window:
    GK: neuer/starke
    FB: rode/rafinha, alaba/LB
    CB: boateng, CB, badstuber, DANTE?
    DM: lahm, MARTÍNEZ?
    RW/LW: robben, ribéry, müller, /sub LW-SHAQIRI?
    CM/AM: schweinsteiger, kroos, thiago, götze
    FW; mandzukic, lewandowski

So it seems contento is leaving and it's obvious bayern is going to do something about that.

then i think that bayern will let dante or martínez leaving depending on the offers or how the players are seeing their future here. i don't think letting leave one of dante or martínez may change bayern plans as i guess they already are looking for a CB + badstuber (for dante) and we got rode (for martínez), so apart of rode and the CB they may sign another player only if both dante and martinez are leaving what its not likely to happen i think.

my wish would be keep martínez as DM and as 4rth CB, sell dante and get a new CB like benatia as we need a fast CB and a one like laporte is too slow in my opinion leaving boateng, the new CB, badstuber + javi martinez.

finally we only would need another player if shaqiri leaves in the same way as contento.

i tell you bayern have built a great team since ribéry and in 2014 we have future if we are talking about age except for lahm, schweinsteiger, robben and ribéry but i would be sad if a trainer like guardiola can't keep players like mandzukic, kroos or martínez. in barcelona he was wrong letting go out a player like eto'o as ibra and villa never fit like the first in the team and barça spent a lot of millions with them.

14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With who we have and what style we play.. What would your defined lineup be?

16. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's been dealing with injuries, fever, dental problems etc. all season long and has gotten roughly the same amount of playing time as Dante and Boateng since February. There's nothing that needs fixing.

Matakos repped this.
  17. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Dante has just signed a contract extension and even we get a new CB to start, Dante would be the ideal choice to rotate with him and Boateng. Next season will decide whether Javi has a place in Pep's plans or not; as mentioned in the press conference by Pep, Javi has been injured for way too long this season to properly evaluate his performances.

18. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Except that the playing time came at CB.

That could use some fixing.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  19. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He gave an interview 2 months ago saying he wants to play in midfield because he's a midfielder while he's being used as a CB instead.

20. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Contento news.

Hertha Berlin, Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen and Napoli are said to be interested. FC Bayern are asking for €3m, but Hertha don't afford it at the moment so they're proposing a loan with a fixed buying price clause.

21. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    #1446 Nimreitz, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Javi Martinez is absolutely correct, but it doesn't make sense that he would go to Barcelona where his situation would be exactly the same. As I said in the Pep thread, I'm starting to reconsider my assumption that Pep was doing a phenomenal job and all changes he has made deserve the benefit of the doubt. We're almost a full season through now and I think we can start judging how his changes have impacted the squad. He has marginalized Martinez in order to... I guess start Lahm in midfield and play a 4-3-3.

No, actually he won a starting spot in central midfield ahead of club legend Claudio Marchisio.

The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  22. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern lost one meaningful match this whole season and some already put Pep into doubt. A match that took place in the CL semis knockout to be precise, thus usually difficult competition. So wtf is wrong with these people?

humin12 and Dhajj repped this.
  23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe because that's the only team we've played who are actually close to or on our level all season and we were owned to one good shot at goal in 90 mins

24. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I have a natural skepticism, I'm sorry that you don't. I'm not calling for Pep's head, but we're now seeing the results of his management after a full season and it is time to draw some conclusions. This stage of the season is when A) Poor physical conditioning will play a part (a concern voiced about Pep's training sessions before the season even started) and B) A team of this quality will actually be challenged.

25. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for a second i thought you were new here :D

Dhajj repped this.