The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    20M on a bench CB is a waste and is not going to happen. We are better off using it for this GK:

2. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    CB is not something you really need to rotate. CB's don't get tired like midfielders or forwards. also you don't want to disrupt the chemistry between your CB pairing by constant rotating

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro

4. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Gunderson

Gunderson Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20M is definitely unnecessary for a CB, but Vertonghen is class. This is coming from an Arsenal fan. Please don't use this season to judge Tottenham players, especially Jan, because he was one of the best CB's in the league in his first season. A lot of Gooners wanted Wenger to pick him when he was available.

I think I have seen Roma play an good amount of games this season, and the thought of Benatia-Vertonghen is just gross. Easily the one of the best CB pairings in the world.

But, I agree, 20M could better be used for other positions.

6. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Had some time to go over some of my posts from last year to see how accurate the sources are in retrospect. Il Tempo was by far the most accurate. They actually had an article on July 7th 2013 that got 90% of our transfers right. Just wanted to share that with you since silly season already started.

Posted on July 7th, 13:

Amazing how close that was.

P.S
    They were the ones who broke Paulinho to Roma on loan story. Let's see how accurate they are this time around.

7. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Roma are said to be readying a bid to rival Arsenal's interest in FC Basel defender Fabian Schar this summer, according to Football Direct News.

8. Capitan Futuro

Jun 5, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Something interesting I thought I'd share. Iturbe stated on his verified twitter account that Gustavo Mascardi is not his agent. However, in all of Di Marzio's articles he mentions Mascardi as Iturbe's agent, and in his most recent article stated Mascardi has reached a deal with Florentino Perez to take Iturbe to Madrid. Just goes to show how unreliable Di Marzio really is, the other story on Iturbe, not reported by Di Marzio, is that Roma paid the 15 million to Porto for Iturbe, and will pay an additional 6 million worth of cash and players to bring Iturbe to Rome, which makes a lot more sense to me. I think we will be seeing Iturbe in a Roma shirt very soon.

whill4 repped this.
  9. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The thing is Verona president himself confirmed no Seire A club can afford Iturbe. I doubt he'd say so had he had a deal in place with Roma.

Andreas repped this.
  10. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Come on. It's not like he's gonna sell him for more than 25M, and there are at least 3 clubs in Italy that can afford that.

11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Il Tempo Paulinho story it just doesn't make logical sense.

I can't recall off the top of my head a player of Paulinho's stature and price tag, ever being loaned by Spurs simply because they wanted to go. Typically loans we loan young players, fringe players, or players recovering from injury. I woudn't define Paulinho as any of those, he would be the first of his type from memory.

Other then the all the other reasons why a loan just doesn't make sense, I can't remember Tottenham ever agreeing to loan or even sell a player while a season is still in progress (agreeing in principle I suppose). Most Tottenham loans I can remember of first team players happen the last week of a window.

If he's moving and there's nothing wrong with the player, then most likely he either needs to be developed or Tottenham want to sell him. He doesn't need to be developed, so if he's leaving Spurs are trying to sell him. If that's the case why would they agree to loan him before the window even opened? Someone could come and bid £15m for him on day 1 of the transfer window.

Typically that has been the fallback plan if there wasn't a suitable offer with a week to go. For instance, Harry Kane had two options for a loan pending up until the last day when Berbatov mugged us off. In fact, last summer was an anomaly because most Spurs business happens the last two weeks.

The only way it makes logical sense to me is if Tottenham agreed in princple to loan Paulinho if all else failed, i.e we couldn't find someone to sell to and he gets loaned the last week. Levy loves money way too much to do Paulinho a favor because the poor guy is sad. :(

Side note, I think Il Tempo wrote that article which suggested Roma bid for Paulinho in the summer. According to Corinthians, the only club that bid for him was Tottenham.

12. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are over analyzing a simple situation. Their article said it was supposed to be a loan with option to buy i.e a sale on instalments made look like loan to make the accountant happy. But at any rate, they also said it is not going to happen as Baldini doesn't want to look like a loser again in the Roma-Spurs interaction. So you can relax, Paulinho will likely not join Roma.

13. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Doesn't necessarily mean he values Iturbe that high. Maybe he just means no Serei A club has the luxury to spend 20 mil on 20 year old kid. And I think he is right. I would be anxious if Roma gambled with that much money on him regardless of how talented he looks now.

14. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could have just said the story is bull, it doesn't make logical sense. Just like that explanation it's because Baldini doesn't want to look like a loser. Again it's assuming that Baldini would have that much influence in whether it happened.

I'm not a skeptic or disputing the story because I'm a Spurs fan. I personally wouldn't give a damn if Paulinho was sold. As a Roma fan I would be pissed if he was sold to Roma because that would be a bad deal, but if anyone wants to spend £15m on him be my guest.

15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah and it's Italy so €15m plus a couple of players.

I don't really buy it.

16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I wouldn't. He's like a much more technical Florenzi, which would suit our squad quite nicely.

17. Zdenek Zeman

Zdenek Zeman Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The reason Il Tempo articles are so accurate is that Alessandro Austini is one of the few journalists who are in good relationship with Walter Sabatini. Most journalists hate him because of his continous lies.

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Media claims that Barca have secured Hummels, so we don't have to worry about them coming for Benatia.

19. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Links to this guy for LB, price 7M.

Any of you saw him play before?

20. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I know him. He's actually a central defender. Talented but not great. Not better than Romagnoli so I don't see how he could add something to our squad.

Salmeen10 repped this.
  21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Mercato Roma, un altro Spurs nel mirino di Sabatini: Hugo Lloris

hahaha, they are not being creative anymore.

Goduerza, whill4 and Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope that's true. He's a beast

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The problem with him seems to be he's not very good at either. Same bracket as Paulinho for me. Got this name and price tag but he ain't got shit on a warrior like Castan. If we sell castan for him and 20million (lol) we will go BACKWARDS

Goduerza and schnix repped this.
  24. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You know , it's curious how everyone worries about the budget , while Rudi says "Buy me players or i'm gone next summer".

Pre Roma-Milan press conference

especially the

"Pjanic è fondamentale per la prossima stagione? “La risposta l’ho già data. L’anno prossimo sarà molto più dura per noi perché giocheremo ogni tre giorni almeno fino a Dicembre, poi speriamo anche durante la Primavera 2015. In Champions League forse partiremo in quarta fascia e avremo tre squadre più forti di noi nel girone. Anche i giocatori vogliono essere protagonisti il prossimo anno su tutte le competizioni”."

and the

"Perché si parla sempre di rinforzi? La società non è sulla stessa lunghezza d’onda? “La società vuole essere competitiva, cosi come i giocatori. Quest’anno abbiamo giocato una partita a settimana ma abbiamo avuto anche molti infortuni. Il prossimo anno, giocando ogni tre giorni, serviranno tanti giocatori. Dobbiamo riflettere bene perché il mercato è sempre difficile. Non conosco società che ottengono il massimo successo quando fanno mercato, perché spesso ai giocatori serve tempo. Faremo di tutto per fare bene”.

And the

"Malagò ha detto che questo è un campionato livellato verso il basso: “Ha i suoi motivi per dire questo e bisognerebbe chiederlo a lui. Qui in Italia servono stadi nuovi e poi fare come hanno fatto il Napoli e la Juventus che hanno acquistato Higuain e Tevez. Servono questi giocatori”."

Lines , where he specifically says that
    1) Pjanic is fundamental.
    2) We need a lot more players.
    3) He wants a top player like Higuain / Tevez.

Imran_INDIA repped this.
  25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my concern with Paulinho now that SoCal has talked about him from a Spurs perspective. I love his skill set, but if he's a punani, he doesn't fit this squad, especially in the engine room.

SoCalYid repped this.