Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I have seen this too. Checking to see what's causing this.

2. PierreRenard

PierreRenard Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  3. npweyand

npweyand Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Townsville
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Talk about bad luck, only morning not at home because of ANZAC day service and I get an email about 2 tickets available for match 50..

4. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Did you get them in your cart? I had no luck and received an error message as did one other person.

5. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    I had Match 50 in my cart but was out playing football, the family were at home but heard nothing though I got the email. The sound has worked in the past during a trial.

6. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guys, I haven't checked FIFA ticketing site for a while. Wasn't there an option to continue adding more products to cart once you added one? Do you guys see that option anywhere now?

7. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    nope, that option is gone since the beginning of the "last minute sales phase"
    it is also impossible to purchase additional tickets for the games with previously purchased tickets.

8. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had no idea!

That was always the case wasn't it?

9. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014

I am not 100% sure, but I think that started with the second sales phase.

10. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One more thing. Previously, the captcha wasn't displayed when you added more products. I noticed now the captcha is always displayed whenever you add a product. Can you guys confirm this? If that's the case I have an easy solution for the captcha issue.

11. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Yes, it is always shown

12. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    yepp. maybe because you can't have two different products in the basket.

13. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok so the app does allow you to add multiple products in the cart in a session and that is something I implemented in last FCFS. Surprised to see it's not allowed on FIFA site in this phase. I generally try to avoid doing something in the app that is not allowed on the site. Should this 'feature' be continued? Or should I remove it? I am not even sure if multiple products are added to cart, will fifa accept the payment or they do some last minute validation and reject the payment in such a case?

14. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think you were able to add multiple items in the march version, but does not appear like you can now. I also always see the captcha. I think the block and row numbers are new as well.

15. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I fix the captcha issue, which I have on my pc, I can add multiple products and they do get added to cart. Not sure if this should be allowed mainly because I don't know if this will be accepted by FIFA.

16. massi83

massi83 Member

Nov 4, 2013
    You probably wouldn't have gotten them anyway. I was on my computer when the music started to play, i had add to cart ticked but somebody using the app was luckier/quicker.

17. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    well it would be possible to edit the cart ? (e.g. trash all but one set of tickets) before checkout.
    wow, that would be funny if it was acutally possible to buy multiple games at once...but this would be an obvious red-flag that a scanner was used. Fifa could scrutinize all purchases pretty easily now.
    I'd say this is great if you can trash all but one set of tickets and pick the best tickets founds for a particular game vs another game

18. npweyand

npweyand Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Townsville
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah that makes sense, I think I would have had the same issues as everyone else then. I feel alot better about it now haha

19. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is possible to remove individual entries from the cart. Just had a big surprise. I am quite certain in previous phase the cart wasn't accepting multiple entries for a match. In this phase, well, see for yourself:

upload_2014-4-25_1-56-15.png

20. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    If you open two tabs, you can put a set of tickets in each tab's cart...seems safer way to reserve two sets of tickets at once....so I guess adding an additional browser instance for each set in the scanner app?

Not that I'm suggesting you to do any work!...At this point I am pretty happy and will just be scanning for the 2 final tix, and hope they dump a thousand or two at once and I make it back from the beach in time, or I may experiment with Microsoft's iOS remote access app or teamviewer. Buying finals tix from the beach, with an agua de coco in my other hand ;)

21. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think what ever is less work for you is what you should do. I would imagine it would be a red flag buying multiple orders at the same time, but if it is less work for you, then I would leave the risk to the individual.

22. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    v1.0.0.3 published. Restart the app and download the update when prompted.

Updates in this version:
    1. Fixed captcha issue
    2. Fixed "split" issue after captcha entry. There is a timer called "PreSell Click" in settings. If you still see this error increase this value and test.
    3. Added option to not display detailed logs.
    4. Refreshing Products area when using "add to cart" option from "All Tickets" directly.

23. Aguilucho 2014

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Club América
    Yes the captcha is always displayed now...sometimes I get stuck on it, all freezes and I have to restart the scanner...

24. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Update will remove your matches, make sure to add them again prior to starting.

25. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah sorry about that. I need to find a way to preserve match settings. Next version I guess.