Juandering who we are going to sell next, or does it Mata? - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  2. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    That's why I have certain players in bold that could definitely be a part of our squad next season ( don't know why Bamford is on that list though, cause he should keep his development going. Not a given that we can get Torres out)

I've only seen a couple of rumours about Mikel wanting to leave, but have never seen any quotes from the man himself. His contract expires in 2017(?) I believe so he'll require a hefty sum most teams probably are unwilling to meet.
    He has been at Chelsea since 2006. He has won every single prize in England and Europe with us, but isn't there a possibility that he's just comfortable where he is? All conjecture obviously, but worth thinking about.

We still have Romeu coming back from a loan if Mikel is going to leave, which will be sad in a way, but not heartbreaking with the new style we're going to play.

My trump card would be RLC to step in from the youth ranks. I know most would say he isn't tested/ready for the Prem, yet I don't believe sending youngsters out on loan to get adapted or learn to play is the way to go in every single case. Loans could also have a adverse effect on some players.
    In his case I think he would fare better in a high quality environment (like McEachran).
    He fits in Mourinho's profile being a powerful/athletic/technical and intelligent with the ball at his feet. Doesn't shy away from physical contact/tackles.

cokeyounut repped this.
  3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mikel, of all players, not having a place in a Jose managed team is laughable to me. It is what it is I guess, but jeez.. didn't see this coming.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Bamford may have a shot, albeit a long one depending on if all three forwards this season are gone next.

could be a possibility of him being happy but I just do not see him wanting to be a role player when he can start for several other teams

it would surprise me more if he was with the team next season, although that is something I really would like to see

think Romeu is gone. He wants to play regularly and has said as much- and he is not going to get that with us.

I really like RLC and while it may be challenging to believe we have 3-5 lads in the current set up who actually have a decent shot of working their way through the system into the first team without the requirement of a loan

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RLC is an interesting case. His situation kind of reminds me of Barkley's. Now RLC is younger and hasn't had the disastrous loan spell that Ross, had but both are powerful lads that are built similar. I also think that Ross' long term future is in the central midfield, similar to how Frank made hey. And RLC can be that powerful controlling mid. Think Matic, with more speed.

6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    when i think of RLC i don't think of Ross Barkley as far as playing style goes. but i may be missing something? or are you refering more to their developmental stages?

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, and physical build. One's a holder and the other an attacker. But I still maintain I think Ross' long term future is as a box to box type. A #8 if you will.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've probably missed a post and it's my fault but I've been racking my brains...who is RLC?

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Naughtius Maximus and Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah, good man :)

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  12. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i can't think of a player that fits their system less to be honest.

edit: okay i actually read that and it makes even less sense. allegedly they'd sweeten the deal by letting us pick a young player for loan or sale, and that fabregas may be let go this summer. yea, i'd make that swap, Ram for Fab. (yea i know it wouldn't happen that way, nor that he would want to come here most likely.)

13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Torres :p

just lazy journalism- something we should all be used to by now

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He would literally be red carded in every other match.

15. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Who knows given that they are probably also switching managers as well so I dont think we can say he fits their system or not. Regardless, I would drive him to the airport tonight. Thank him for his service (and the goal against Barca) but he is someone I would like shipped out this summer.

16. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    The 20M fee is a dead giveaway that the hack made it up.

17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I will be over the moon with vidal. 20 mil is just too less. That doesn't seem right.

18. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Vidal would be great, but seems unlikely. He will probably go under the knife soon as well.

19. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was 20m + Ramires. Which, I would seriously consider.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I believe that was the case and while it sound like a lot to offer if we are going to have the Ramires we had this past season then it seems like a wise move

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    It is not a lot fern :p

I will outbid that with 20M + Anderson + Young + Valencia.

Blueallthru and fernb8 repped this.
  22. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    doesn't that mean you would owe Juve money?

by my math the players plus that money still puts you in the hole 15 mil :p

Blueallthru and cr7torossi repped this.
  23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    just looking at the numbers we may see quite a few out of the door at the end of the season in terms of contracts not being renewed and players being sold/moved on

while I think we end up loaning out another bundle of players it may not be as many as we have seen in years past as well

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yet we here about contract renewals almost daily. As good as Ash has been these last two matches I almost prefer him being let go to breed in some younger players, like PVA.

I just think the club has a choice this summer to move in the direction we've all talked about. Kalas and Zouma as backups to Gaz and JT with Luiz to cover if need be. PVA at LB. New strikers with the potential for 3 new ones if Lukaku and Bamford are part of the squad. Plus the midfield conundrum with Mikel, Ramires, and Lampard.