Sacramento Republic Season schedule

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you called that. There wasn't much difference in the starting lineups and we only used on sub in vs. Los Dos.

2. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QuietType repped this.
  3. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Republic may be playing CF Monterrey for their "Mexican" friendly this summer. My kid's coach knows a few coaches on the Monterrey team, and said they mentioned it.

QuietType repped this.
  4. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Cool, Monterrey hasn't been doing well in the Clausura tournament but it would be fun to watch them play against SRFC.

5. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alas, Ventura County beat CD Aguiluchos so the 5/14 US Open Cup game will be away.

6. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
  7. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Great news! US Soccer must think Sac could get a good sized crowd out for the game.

8. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Interesting. Looks like it will be at Cosumnes River College per US Soccer

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More likely we paid VC Fusion for the home field advantage, I know that has been an issue with the open cup

10. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That, and a home league game a few days later. They pay for the Fusion to fly up, or to fly the Republic down.

Less wear on our guys this way

QuietType repped this.
  11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preki is suspended from the US Open Cup for 2 games, going back to something in 2009, lol. I wonder how much a difference his presence will make, assuming we can beat Ventura County.

12. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
  13. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised no one has talked about the game vs Rochester yesterday yet? Maybe because it was a Friday game 4:30 our time.. We went on the road and beat them 1-0. Great not only for the result but they are one of the better teams in the league. We broke a 7 game unbeaten streak they had going. Good attack we have going forward and Jakubek actually stepped up with Gleeson out. Full game is on the Rochester Rhinos youtube page for anyone who missed it.

Now we are treated to Dayton tomorrow!

14. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was disappointed too - not even a matchday thread started. Too bad, because beating Rochester away was no small achievement. Maybe the USMNT roster debate is keeping everyone's attention. On to Toledo!

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Speaking as an old mod, this board needs a moderator. One of the most important things a mod can do is make sure routine threads are posted on time. It's amazing how much traffic and discussion a mod can generate just by starting threads. Right now, there's nobody on this board to take responsibility for that. I'm not volunteering. My modding days are over. But somebody should step forward.

16. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, a mod would help. I might be interested in doing it, but not until mid or late July. And, it would depend on what else is involved.

QuietType and Knave repped this.
  17. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On another note, did anyone else notice on the Dayton game summary, posted on the usl website, that Billy Knutsen was listed in the game-day 18 for Rochester , but not for Dayton? Jakubek was the only GK in the 18 for Dayton.

Assuming the USL website's lineup postings for games are accurate, this is be pretty unusual, right? Or, is it common for USL?

18. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    I might be interested. Depends what is involved and what other responsibilities there are.

QuietType and Knave repped this.
  19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Let's do this -- I'll try to post a new thread in a day or two about modding this board. I can give you my view as a former mod, and I know others on this board will chime in too. Maybe we can answer you questions and spark some interest from others too. (That's not a slight against you. I'm just a big believer in having plenty of mods.) But for now we should probably let this thread get back on topic before we upend it. Yeah, that's the old mod in me speaking up ...

mangerson, QuietType and sugit repped this.