Match Discussions (R) for the Second Half of 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's still all to play for, you need to make up just one more point on Wolfsburg over the next two and that final match becomes a play in for 4th. With them facing Dortmund that's a manageable task even with Schalke and a difficult Mainz still on the docket. S04 are still dealing with an even worse injury crisis than you and are pretty locked into that 3rd spot. So that's a club you could really turn up for, especially given Keller's mediocre defensive organization skills or concept of pressing. Mainz will be tough, although they are in a spot in the table where there isn't too much to play for either and so could be flat themselves.

So the CL dream isn't dead until it's dead.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #177 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Yes it still safe to say we are in a good position and holding our destiny in our own hands...this team has a reputation for breaking down ( like today) and pouncing back in dramatic form...but it puzzles me how they go about creating these EPIC CLUSTER FUARKS ?? Specially coached by favre...but then i have always said at the end of the day ...the coach can't get on that field and play.The players just have to push it UP a notch during crunch times and fight with teeth and nail...my biggest beef is that.That old school fight has died and long gone :-(
    Of course "Luck" plays a huge role in the game.It always has...and today things could have easily and fast turned around into our favour ....but it went into reverse instead!

BTW i went for an early coffee this morning...currently i live in a small town with maybe 300,000 population...i was wearing my BORUSSIA sweater..there was this scruffy guy smoking outside the coffee shop...and was wearing one of those old school army canvas caps tilted on his head to the right.He reminded me of one of those weathered U-Boat commander's..he smiled and said nice ...the sweater i mean ( thick german accent!!!)
    Then he noticed my puzzled facial expresión...and said Borussia i mean....i said you know this? He said Ja..then am like as in GLADBACH???? ( most ppl mistake it for BVB) and he laughed and said Ja again..i shook his hand and said this is amazing..out here in the middle of nowhere up in northern BC...what are the chances...and he said...its football it connects ppl all over the world...i said true but here in this town its such a pleasure for me to meet a person that knows about Gladbach...then he smiled back and said..not only i know but my father & entire family is from Gladbach..and then my smile grew 3 times bigger...we talked about borussia and how special of a club it is and its wealth in tradition and culture...then he said its a Kult..i agreed and shook his hand again:)
    I wanted to come back with my coffee and grab his name etc...but he was no-longer there..who knows maybe i will see him again...anyway i thought its an interesting story to share..specially considering where i live:)

www.fotobahn.com

LuckyStriker and Epitome990 repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like the Schalke game will be on GolTV for North American viewers at 11:30 am Sunday.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty much safe to say this will be the "make or break for CL" for us!:thumbsdown::speechless::thumbsdown::speechless::thumbsdown::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

www.fotobahn.com

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you guys could finish with 7 points out of these next three games, with 3 of those coming against Wolfsburg on the final match day, I'd feel really good about you getting into the CL.

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could also finish with one. Or none. Tough opponents coming up.

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh I am well aware of the mercurial nature of this team's finishing, but I was just saying for me to feel good about your CL hopes 7 points out of these 3 games has to be the target. Even though Leverkusen and VFL losing out wouldn't surprise me either.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #183 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    If our mercurial surge actually kicks in ( for some mysterious reason /combined with luck) And we manage to get anywhere close to 7 points out of those 3 games...its safe to say we might as well & will manage to collect 9 out of the last 3 (i don't think so) ! Thats correct 3 out of 3. Its almost as tough as that relegation battle we fought not too long ago....back then we had a deadly In-Forn Reus . Roman and Dante and a Lucien Fvare with magical powers.Our last 3 games are almost as tough as that time-frame which lead to a play-off with Bochum and being saved By Igor's last minute killer strike.Only difference you wonder at each game day which tram will show?? Nah doubt its gonno happen...my guess is we will finish with 4 points top's of them above!
    But a win at SO4 is the only way to initiate any sort of positive drive into end-season and hopes of an auto pass into CL! :D:):whistling::Do_O:cry::D:sneaky::thumbsdown::D:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

www.fotobahn.com

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You simply can't stop this, can you? ;)

We're not good enough for the CL, so I'm happy with reaching the EL (we still need 1-3 points for that).

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly agree..we are not conditioned for CL.But it would be interesting experience going in with zero expectation..but id be still happy with a second run into EL !

Dage repped this.
  11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is? Leverkusen are the the most mentally weak team I've seen in a long time and their only spark is a 17 year old. Wolfsburg are starting Olic's corpse up front and have limited capable depth that's lead to some very inconsistent performances as well.

So what Mainz, Augsburg, Hertha, Hoppenheim? You guys are one of the three incomplete teams capable of taking 4th.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Occult has spoken
    VFL 1900 4 -0 S04

:alien::devilish::devilish::alien:
    :alien::alien:
    :devilish:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was pretty optimistic that SC can crash VW today...but taking away two points is also good enough. Nonetheless that table just got twice as crazy...It will be a good test of will-power and character for "Die Fohlen" come tomorrow.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #189 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Its time.2 Decades have passed! The "Gelsenkirchen" ground's have not granted the Elf of the lower rhine right of passage by the way of its fortress in Veltinis! It creats false self assurance and taken for granted that Die Fohlen will continue to foil in and sink to the bottom like they have many times in the past...but make no mistake there is a first time for everything..and an Achilles to each Tendon.This goes out in the hopes of a victory this afternoon by the black green and white.I sense there is too much riding on the SO4's players/coaches mind that some sort of spell makes them invincible in the confines of there stadium against us...that will work ( subconsciously)as a trap for any professional team and in favour of us.Lets get them with as many gates as possible and not forget about our strong tradition and ultra loyal fans!

:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::thumbsup::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

www.fotobahn.com

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Like i said :whistling::whistling:;):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Much needed 3 points in the most critical time of this season "BRAVO"!
    As for the VELTINS ARENA..That "Dark" omen is now off our backs just like a Monkey is !

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #191 Borussia, Apr 27, 2014
    First win at Veltins-Arena and first away win in Gelsenkirchen since 1992! Wow!! :)

Kudos to our guys for this impressive performance (the best away performance of this season, even better than in Dortmund in my eyes ... unfortunately we had to suffer again during the last 10 mins because we failed to score the deserved 2:0 before) and the perfect reaction to Augsburg's win this afternoon. :thumbsup: Without these crucial 3 away points, we might have been facing pretty nerve-wrecking last 2 games. Now we're qualified for the EL and even have a slim chance for spot 4 (being 3 points behind Vizekusen and 2 points behind Golfsburg). Time to relax and enjoy the season finish. ;)

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...=10683&cHash=9204335145c32b1f617644353a106fad

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...=10684&cHash=c334c0b142784534fdc0d32573a69f84

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ht_fc-schalke-04-2_borussia-mgladbach-15.html

Tabelle:
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2013-14/32/0/spieltag.html

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/...2014-schalke-04-borussia-monchengladbach.html
    (nice shot from Patrick with his weaker left foot)

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #192 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 27, 2014
    The lad's should deffo take advantage of this victory! With cool nerves and enjoying the game without its typical pressure:) The fact that we will play on the international platform one way or another next season normally is one of the best chill-pills ever for a club.Hopefully this is enough to even put away Mainz @Borussia Park!
    Last but not least...i hope this would not work as a super Chill-Pill and turn our guys flat and indifferent? Nahhh..they will not give it up easy in front of the Die hard fans in a packed Borussia Park:D:eek::cautious::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumbsup:

I guess Raffael couldn't keep his promise after all and score against his old employer eh??But hey what he did in my eyes was better than scoring himself!
    What can i say..old habits die hard ( if ever) myself playing as a sweeper and midfielder am more accustomed to value and enjoy play making and decisive ball distribution vs scoring:speechless::alien::speechless:

What an accomplishment for Herr Favre to guide this club twice already into Europe !
    I think Andre Han is also very excited about his new outfit next season!!!!

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed watching that on delay tonight....

19. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're actually not so far off if Leverkusen gives you some help and your boys take care of business. Mainz's away form has been woeful of late and they've got little to play for and then you've got the decisive match with VFL, as you have the advantage in GD on Bayer if you make up the 3.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Mr.
    Would be interesting to have a rendezvous with Liverpool isn't it ??
    It would be an EPIC story once again....after so many years eh??

Am not even sure whats their situation since i don't follow the PL ( am sure most likely they will be in some sort of Euro competition next season for sure ) or any other league than the BL!
    I can only imagine how the fans ( both teams) would respond...APE CRAZY to say the least:inlove::sick:o_O

www.fotobahn.com

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Little to play for? Just imagine Augsburg winning in Braunschweig and them losing at Borussia-Park...

Shame on you! ;)

They were sooo close to their first CL title since 1990 ... however lost their home match to Chelski yesterday, so they'll need help from their city rivals (Everton) against ManCity next weekend.

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have been lurking lately guys, but this result requires a post. I had no expectations going in, expecting at best a draw. A really excellent performance, especially defensively. In contrast to other matches where we had a lead, we went into a compact, defensive shape and did not play as open. I think this was key to the shut out and shows Favre adapting.

A couple stand out performances to be highlighted:

Julian Korb: he has shown a lot of improvement lately. He is being more adventurous going forward. He is playing smarter positionally by getting into places to exploit space. He is also becoming more confident defensively. Also doesn't automatically pass back to Ter Stegen or Stranzl every time he gets the ball.

Patrick Herrmann: obviously the goal scorer, however also had a lot of nice plays creating chances. He had the other major chance that Fahrmann saved. I'm still confused why Favre continually substitutes him and leaves Arango on.

Dominguez/Jantschke: both playing arguably out of position and had great matches. Second time Dominguez has been at LB and I'm surprised how decent he's looked. Didn't think he had the speed or technical skills for it. Jantschke has become the jack of all trades filling in wherever needed and doing a solid job.

I'll also say I like the Kramer/Nordtveit partnership best for the double sechs. Xhaka is too hot headed, foul heavy and inconsistent. We had 1 foul all match. If Xhaka had played he would've committed 4 by himself.

The only disappointments were my usual ones I whine about: Arango and Stranzl. How many bad, nonchalant passes can Arango make!? And his lack of effort to defend is terrible. One play he let his man run straight through on goal and didn't even try to follow. He is a a liability. Stranzl looked old, labored and rusty. His passes out of the back, which are typically his greatest strength, were off. Many give aways and passes he normally makes effortlessly that went astray.

The win and fact Wolfsburg and Leverkusen drew make the last two match days very exciting. I'm going to be depressing here but I don't see any real chance of 4th. I just hope to retain 6th or maybe sneak out 5th with a road win at the plastic Volkswagen club on final day. Tuchel knows how to play us. He showed that in reverse fixture. He will sit very deep, give up possession and frustrate us then look for attacks on the break. We had no answers last time. We will see if Favre has found a way to solve his puzzle.

We are in Europa League!! That is great news. Anything else we obtain this season will be gravy.

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He hasn't managed to get a win against us for 5 games now (4 defeats + 1 draw). :p I recon he's one of the best BL trainers, though.