4/26/14 - Indy @ Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by stphnsn, Apr 22, 2014.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    It will be the boys' first real away match. FTL beat ottowa 2-0 in week won, but carolina thrashed them 4-1 last week. What should we expect Saturday? Is a win too much to expect on the first road trip of the year?

On another note, it looks like nasl live is offering a 10-day free preview during april. i'm going to sign up friday night so I can watch both of our away matches for free before I cancel to avoid paying for another month. is anyone else using this service? how is it?

do we know whether any of our away matches are going to be shown on wndy? i haven't seen any announcements, but it sure would be nice to not have to dick with a computer to watch the games.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    In the original announcement about WNDY coverage they said "select away games". Those will almost certainly be ones where the home team produces a telecast the WNDY can air without production costs. The Strikers do not have a local TV deal so this game will probably not be on WNDY. The Minnesota game on May 3 has a chance. United does have local TV coverage.

3. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Viewing parties:
    Byb hosting at Chatham tap fishers, slaughterhouse at Union Jack broad ripple, btown brickers at uptown, & Southies at blind pig

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    "watch parties across the Hoosier state!" ha!

5. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My question with NASL live is, do they have a replay option?

6. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it was on ustream you could rewatch any stream. All were archived. Assuming its all the same.

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i believe so. there's an nasl live thread on the main nasl board, and i think someone said he watched the games later on in the week.

8. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Our brand new team has watch parties at 5 sites in 4 different towns/cities and you bitch about that. I see a trand that you are seldom satisified with anything.

Lighten up, Francis!

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i'm only bitching about the misleading word choice. perhaps "across the indianapolis metro area and also bloomington" didn't have quite the same ring to it?

10. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very interested to see how the team travels away from the intensity and support of the Carroll Stadium crowd.

11. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the games are archived for on-demand viewing. I signed up for my trial today and watched part of last week's game to confirm.

irish56 repped this.
  12. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 jeffcoop, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Okay, not impressed with NASL Live. The game is apparently being played--indeed, according to Twitter, Ft. Lauderdale has scored--yet NASL Live is showing players warming up before the Strikers Fury match two weeks ago.

Update: They've switched from showing the warmup for the old match to showing nothing. Progress, I suppose.

13. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we're going down to our first defeat--not that any of us outside Ft. Lauderdale can see it.

14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i guess i avoided the frustration of trying to watch the stream. nasl said they'll get the game up asap, so i'll watch it then if they get that done.

announced attendance was only 3500. ouch.

15. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Pub Crawl in Broad Ripple yesterday and by the time I got home, it was already 8:30 and had many text msgs about the streaming issue. Our match and Ottawa's match were not streaming. Hopefully they get this fixed because a lot of people were complaining and demanding a refund.

I wonder if it was less to do with the stream and more to do with FT.L? Of course at hoome matches, most dont have to worry about the stream, but both our home matches were and are available on nasl.live. Perhaps something internally for that match, but i was surprised how many people were blaming Indy XI and claiming that they took their money and didnt provide the feed. A bit strange seeing as it's a stream by NASL and not the team.