Where do you keep your cards?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by CitationSquirrel, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    Yep. We had a guy that had the same thing happen in a college men's game. No lanyard, wrist or otherwise, and only one whistle. Neither AR had brought a whistle to the field, either. Fortunately, the next stoppage was not a foul. The whistle he dropped was in the mud and he never did find it. I always bring two whistles, center, line or 4th, and all of the other pocket stuff. You never know. As an AR, I've supplied a coin for more than one referee.

2. Chas (Psyatika)

Oct 6, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    ^ The coin is the only thing I won't carry. I lose too many of them when they're in my pocket. After the toss, I always run back to the sideline to drop it off in my bag.

I just bought a few pairs of the Coolwick shorts, though, so maybe I can hold the coin from now on.

3. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    Or put the coin in an envelope.

4. Bradley Smith

Bradley Smith Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    If you wear a sweatband/wristband or similar on your arm, just tuck the coin between it and your arm. That's what I do with my coin. Whenever I stick it in my pocket I lose it.

5. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I use to stick in behind my badge, the velcro holds it in place and when you take the badge off you are "reminded" it is there by it falling.

Now I put it in the pocket inside my shorts

6. kayakhorn

kayakhorn Member+

Oct 10, 2011
    Arkansas
    OSI's Coolwick shorts have a coin pocket that secures the coin with no problems. I just leave the coin in there through laundering so I know I always have one available. I do try to remember to remove it before I call the captains over so I don't have to dig around in the shorts while everyone waits.

In reference to an earlier discussion, I got the longer cut shorts and I don't find them to be unreasonably long for my body proportions. I can even stop in a store on the way to a game and not feel like a refugee from the seventies.

IARef96 repped this.
  7. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    After a washing or two, the new "athletic cut" shorts do seem to be just a bit smaller than the old regular ones, including length.

8. refontherun

refontherun Member+

Jul 14, 2005
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are couple of guys around here that use the Tornado who do sound like a toy train. I use it consistantly. If you use a firm, quick burst and start and stop the tone with your tongue, it doesn't sound cheesy at all. If you need to lay on it for a serious situation, really lay into it and you will definitely get people's attention. I played the trumpet in high school and college so that helps a lot with both breath control and use of the tongue. :p

9. That Cherokee

That Cherokee Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Short pocket is best, gotten fairly smooth with removing the coin. My bigger issue is not remembering to take it out at the end of the day. Usually dont notice till I put it in the dryer and there is that clinking noise.

10. Bradley Smith

Bradley Smith Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I've had it bounce out of my shirt pocket, too. But I think it's different for those of us using the Adidas kit (like here in Canada), as those shirt pockets don't have the flap that I think the OSI jerseys do.

11. That Cherokee

That Cherokee Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    That is one nice thing about the ussf kits. But the shorts pockets have that inside pocket which is perfect for keys. Honestly though for tops i would much rather use those addidas kits. Curious about those Nike ones that EPL are using.