Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if we lose spots to French and Portugal , we lose a spot for EU League and a direct one for CL iirc , do you want that to happen?

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    No, you lose nothing. France and Portugal get the same seats Italy is getting now.

3. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #10179 SoCalYid, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Even though I don't think that's totally relevant. Take out the waste in City, Chelsea, and United wages which were just used throwing money after problems and not spending money wisely, all of those wage bills would fall dramatically. City are still paying Spurs for Adebayor, that alone is £5m knocked off their wage bill. You don't need to spend £202m on wages to win a title. Liverpools wages are £130m.......

I'm not sure exactly what you're point is but I'm pretty sure you missed mine.

First off there's a difference between revenue, cash generation and cash surplus (and their reported on different statements), that's not why they have high revenue, that cash is surplus earnings after expenses (including acquisitions). I posted that to display how great their cash generation is in reality, they could spend a 3rd (around £50m) and still have higher cash reserves than anyone in Europe and it will start to grow by again that next season being a surplus.

Second, you missed the point that financially Arsenal are capable of competing without having a sugar daddy. As I said a few times, they cynically misappropriate funds, that doesn't mean they don't have the ability to compete. They could spend around £50m every window, not sell a single player and not really feel the effects of that expenditure, ocassionally extending themseleves more. Their frugalness is a choice made by the club and Wenger. Their lack of success despite financially capable of doing so is more the fault of bad decisions.

Being that financially secure like Arsenal is what I hope for, not to spend money the same way. I NEVER want to see us spend as much proportional to our size as City, nor do we have to. However when the stadium is built, new sponsors due to increased marketability and we're generating an extra €100m or so (with CL football), then we would have a case to consistently consider ourselves title contenders.

I want to win as well but I'm not interested in winning at all cost and demanding money spent that was generated outside of football. Call it lacking ambition, I don't really care but I'm not interested in following that path. I'm just a realist.

I've seen Roma win a title before, I feel if we continue down the same path and don't overextend ourselves we can do it again soon. If we don't then we would be in the same boat as Arsenal, mismanaging funds. I want us to have a strong club, which will give a base to grow from organically. Not a rich playboy owner, which one of every 5 fans are waiting for and will likely never come.

If Liverpool can win a title with 2 sugar daddied clubs in the league and another (united) which is a financial beast, there's no reason that once our project is complete we couldn't beat Juve or whoever to a title. Look we were relatively close this year and we're still in the early stages of the project.

NCRomaFan repped this.
  5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yeah, it doesn't matter because the competition at that level is very weak. If a team losses at that level then most likely they would've lost in the next level and failed to qualify anyways.

One extra qualifying round is not the same as losing a direct CL ticket and a EL ticket as you said.

6. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    DDR repped this.
  7. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess we don't share each other's POV then , i just wanna win , you wanna win in a philosophical and well managed way.

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what a miracle, carlos tevez scores in europe after 5 years lol

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  10. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i know, i'm going there :D

4 days, May 23 to May 26

i couldn't get CL tickets, but hopefully there'll be a match screening outside a stadium. if not, i'll watch at a nearby pub. Lisboa's a cool place to be

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No one is going to believe this. I'm watching this show and all of a sudden it goes to a waiter in Naples, then Benitez on an interview

porreca, Andreas, schnix and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #10187 Salmeen10, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Just in case someone still believes in the ancient myth that Galliani is the best sporting director in the world but doesn't have enough money, that shitty team we saw playing against Roma yesterday cost 20-30M more in salaries than Roma. Moreover, Milan actually spent 11M in the mercato this year, compared to Roma making 30M profit from the Mercato.

So he had 60-70M more than Saba this year to assemble that piece of crap team.

13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ever been to faro or around it? Very cheap to fly and guy at work goes their with his family but to the old towns and villages that are local tourist locations an hour up the coast. He says its beautiful but around faro you have to many annoying English tourists.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, just Lisbon for business.

15. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have. We have been a few times, most recently last October to Alvor (right beside Faro) for my folks' silver wedding celebration. The Algarve is beautiful.

La Magica and schnix repped this.
  16. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    I'm going to Porto Coimbra Evora Lisboa. Probably will save southern Portugal for another trip

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cuadrado is balling out. I love him.

@NickyViola

18. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hes a ********

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think I was in the algarve then as a kid. ( the name rings a bell). But I thought it was further up the coast? I remember we drove to Lisbon for one day shopping as a kid and hating it since we had to leave the beach!

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is, but he's the hungriest player on the field every game basically. That's vital

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I wish we owned more than half of his paper.

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fiorentina should go after Bonaventura in the summer. I think he would fit in really well there.

23. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #10198 Salmeen10, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    That was a major ******** up by Prade, he did the same mistake with Vucinic and suspiciously both players have the same agent. When you bring a young nobody hoping for him to explode, you have to either own him or have option to own him completely, even if it cost you little more. The loan + co-ownership thing is useful when you buy a player in his prime and don't expect his value to rise significantly. This way you will probably get the 2nd half cheaper, similar to how Saba signed Ninja.

Vuci came here as a nobody with a broken knee but ended up costing us 19M, more than what we eventually got for him. Cuadrado will end up costing Viola 20-23M and they will probably be forced to sell him for 7-9M profit at best. Not exactly mind blowing considering how much he grew with them.

Even when he gets it right he screws it up, thats how Prade roll.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    WE should go after him ;)

No but really, if Ljajic stays I want Nicola Sansone. He's going to make his way into the Azzurri.

25. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Higuain got injured by Andreolli and was carted off the field. It looked like a serious injury and me might miss the coppa italia next week. I hope he does so Fiorentina can destroy those ********ers.

Early reports say its just a heavy bruise.

Andreas, Khaos and DDR repped this.