Pre-match: CL 1/2 FINALS 1ST LEG |FC Bayern München-Real Madrid | 4.23.14

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure he is world class quality to be honest.

2. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We already have world class players in related position don't we? I'm sure Carlos Vela is in Pep words a "Super-Super Spieler" and 11 goals isn't bad for a winger, altough Griezmann is top scorer. However, I don't question his capability at all. :) I doubt that we'll ever see him wearing a Bayern shirt, tho.

3. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure no one one would be able to defeat that, let alone Pep.

4. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #1004 Cuppo, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Ikr, I never critisized him and me as a Pep fan I'm pretty sure it's not his fault that teams like Chelsea need to park the bus against our great dominance. ;)
    But we would have to deal with it anyway, in the second-leg and final.

5. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Barca have Messi, we have Kroos.;) Actually, I thought Kroos played alright but his gameplay was not suited for this match. He was way too slow at moving the ball to the final 3rd and could not for the life of him get into the box. Not his fault as he's never really done that. We needed Mueller or Goetze in the middle, getting into the box and being a target. Also, somebody should've told Mandzu to stay put in the box, frequently he was straying and Robben had no target. Could this be the point of our season where Gomez (who helped us in '12 slay RM) would've been a better option? Sour grapes...:unsure:

I thought when Schweini & Javi were all healthy, Lahm would revert back to RB. Playing Lahm in the middle doesn't make sense anymore. I don't quite know what he did in the match.

So who said RM wouldn't park the bus?:whistling: We had 75% possession and loads of CKs but not much to show for it. Credit to Ancelotti for adopting Jose's pack-it-in defense and quick counters to nullify Bayern. Pep waited way too long to make adjustments as Goetze, Javi or Mueller should've went in at the half. I expect Pep to get it right in the 2nd leg but it may be too late.

anticule, Torjäger and Dhajj repped this.
  6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anticule and Romanero repped this.
  7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why? What about it doesn't work and what about it allowed Madrid to win?

They didn't adopt Mourinho tactics at all in terms of parking the bus. They just executed a perfect counter attacking plan. Well if they were more incisive the match should have ended 3-0.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well they only created 3 chances, and it's incredibly rare that a team takes every single chance that they make. Anyways if Goetze scores an absolute sitter, "a perfect counter attacking plan" is easily turned to "omg Ancelotti, wtf!!!"

anticule, Kromme, Obsidian and 2 others repped this.
  9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The repeated Madrid should have won 3-0 and media masturbation along with fans at times is weird to see. It was a pretty close match. Little details decide games, and that goal did it for Madrid. Hopefully the positive little details come in our favor next match. We could have played a lot worse in Madrid, though obviously I hope offensively speaking in the final 3rd, we really up our game. That's for Pep to get us ready.

Obsidian and Dhajj repped this.
  10. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Overall i thought this game was incredibly close..

They capitalized on one of their chances and we didn't.

Could've been 3-0, or 1-1, or 2-2.. The line between us is extremely small

anticule, Romanero and Lyra repped this.
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    overall No chance of Bayern winning on the night with all the score lines you posted which means they were superior on the night unless we want to tow the Xavi's method that winning possession is everything

anticule repped this.
  12. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't think we were going to win it there anyway..

They defended very well and blocked several shots and cleared many crosses and corners.

But the game was on a fine line.

They converted one of there clear cut chances.

Romanero repped this.
  13. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be wrong, but I think the Ronaldo chance was clearly offside.

anticule, FCB_KVB and chewz repped this.
  14. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which brings me to my point, the game was fairly even IMO.

Kinda canceled each other out in the first leg.

anticule and Lyra repped this.
  15. Memmy

Memmy Member

Jan 14, 2008
    I thought this as well but it was I think part of the camera angle that they used during the telecast... I actually spent about 30 min hunting through different youtube vids and found one with a reverse angle that looks like it was not offside and just a really nicely timed run by Ronaldo.

You can actually see where he holds up until he sees the ball released...

humin12 repped this.
  16. Memmy

Memmy Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Really looking forward to the tactical battle to come of Tuesday. You know Ancelotti is going to try to make that 1-0 hold up and will feel like he can keep the clean sheet in Munich... The key to me is what happens when as I expect Bayern goes up 1-0. Does Ancelotti push for a goal or drop further back and try to maintain the 1-0 into extra time? Does Bayern keep pushing and feel they need to score 3 in case Real pots 1 or will they too be content with the 1-0 and extra time?

Really could go so many different ways...

My hope is that Bayern has Real on it's heels when they go up and Real can't shift gears to turn the game.... This will be a stressful day to be sure.

Dhajj repped this.
  17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He was in front of the defenders but behind (or at the very least in line with) the ball when it was played so no offside.
    [​IMG]

In terms of clear cut chances created, it should have ended 3-1 but we did make a few other good chances which were either missed (Ronaldo header from 8 yards straight at keeper) or ruined because of bad decision or final ball (we have a 4 v 3 I think and also a chance that Di Maria ruined by taking the wrong option and backheeling).

The half-chances were about even, but we had more of the gilt-edged chances.

18. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see, my bad.

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I figured it was onside, I didn't really give it much thought tbh..

Look at our defense, Dante especially.
    3 vs 2. Yikes

Romanero repped this.
  20. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We really overdid that on Wednesday! It was suicidal almost! I'm all for minimizing the space between midfield and defence but this was madness! Your two centerhalves in the opposing half almost half the time. We certainly need to tone that down

Pep is a control-freak and I guess he felt the need to dominate possession even more than usual but at times it seemed like we played just to hold possession and not to score. In a way its almost like we were the ones doing the defending

I won't go as far as saying we missed Thiago he was average in the knockout games he got to play

We definitely could have mixed things up playing Lahm at RB would at least improve the quality of crosses that got into the opposition area. With Juup system maybe clearer cut chances could have been created

This and coupled with Ribery's insanely poor form! I'm almost pretty much pining for Shaqiri right now

Ribery and Rafinha were awful! If Boa wasn't playing such a sensitive position I would have taken him off too