Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    For me the more important factor in football is how many shots a team has taken not about how much possession a team has had. The more shots a team has taken implies that they were more dangerous in attack. So i say Madrid should just the way they are currently playing. We have just beaten Barca and Bayern by counter attacking, why change it now?

2. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Guus Hiddink is a great coach

3. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hahahahahahahaha I'm loving this thread right now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

People so sensitive about Mourinho! :D

Ancelotti is finally using the same tactics Mourinho used and it is working....

DEAL WITH IT!

His previous tactics were horrible and he has finally seen the light.

Viva Carlo y la madre que le pario!

4. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    But they aren't the same. It's like saying the Barcelona of 09-11 is the same as ManU's system of 07-09. They're both attacking but they're drastically, drastically different.

I respect Mourinho and think he was, for a time, good for the game. He didn't invent defensive minded football, nor counterattacking football. Do you also think half of La Liga adopts/copies "Mourinho tactics" when they park all 11 men in their 30? I really think Mou needs to take a break from the game because he's starting make a fool out of himself. His greatest asset is/was getting a squad of players behind him to do dirty work i.e. Chelsea 04-08 and Inter. That can't happen if people no longer take him seriously or he talks himself into a hypocritical corner with a dunce cap on his head.

We've seen Carlo go through four radical formation changes throughout his time here. Some of them have worked for the time and situation while others outright failed. Point is, he's adapted to the situation, albeit sometimes too late whereas Mourinho rarely, if ever did.

...and anyways, if you REALLY REALLY think it's the same, Ancelotti is setting up the team defensively better than Mourinho ever did and with the same players.

5. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ya salammmmmm

RMSocrates repped this.
  6. ronaldoh1

ronaldoh1 New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Zvezda BGU Minsk
    Why does CR7 never scored 4 goals in UCL ? I thought he's the best lol

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? He's scored 14 so far in the UCL this year....

8. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What the fcnk did you just snif

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a feeling Ronaldo will score in this upcoming fixture. He's not on the amazing form of last year, but I think he'll manage to produce something out of nothing. And if we get to the final, well, I don't want to be too hopeful yet. We can still lose this.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Who do you guys think should start in the 2nd leg? The only reason why Ronaldo (in CDR final) and Bale (1st leg) sat out was because of illnesses and injuries. It is no surprise if Ancelotti plays the BBC in the 2nd leg. I personally hope not, because Bale offers very little in defensive work and a 4-3-3 would get murdered against Bayern. I hope we roll with the same team or else we will leave some wide gaps. Another solution could be dropping Benzema (albeit unjustified) and playing bale and ronaldo upfront.

12. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern will come out with their hair on fire. In the first 15 minutes it will be a complete onslaught. 100% pressure. If they actually come out conservative and afraid of getting exposed, I think Madrid wins this easily.

In order to combat this all out attack, Madrid needs to be calm under pressure. Believe it or not, Madrid is the more talented team. They just do stupid shit for no reason, like thinking their reason for living is to turn the ball over to the opposition.

13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Bale doesn't track back as much as Di Maria, but can we stop saying he doesn't put in his fair share?

Keep the 4-4-2. If we need to chase the game then you can have both Ronaldo and Bale on. I do have to think that if either of the teams have to chase the game in the second half we'd have a slight advantage due to personnel.

14. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1114 plyka, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

I thought you and that Matt staumer guy were Dortmund fans? I was reading the bayern boards and you guys are heavily in the bayern bandwagon it seems. Is it a German thing? You guys support bayern because they are German?

Regarding BBC, you simply cannot drop Benz from the lineup. He provides a completely different dynamic for the team. Without him there is zero physical play, zero hold up play, and a far less threat in front of goal.

What ancelotti should do is drop dimaria and play bBC with Isco in midfield. As long as he has a talk with both bale and Ronaldo and they are clear that both will have to put in heavy shifts on the defensive end. Dimaria as always has loads of individual skill, but when it comes to linking up with other players in order to create chances, he is lost, especially against of defenses.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sammer, the poster isn't German, so I can't speak for him. Also, I may often cheer for Bayern when they play against United ot Barca, clubs I despise, but as it stands..I haven't taken sides on this...just wanting good footy. As a matter of fact, I am usually called out by the new BS Bayern posters whenever I post on the Bayern boards so I rarely post there since they have too much panty-in-a-twist syndrome. Mymy knows what I'm talking 'bout.

Where in the Bayern forum does it even indicate I'm not a Dortmund fan?

16. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    We can't start with the BBC. Bale will have start on the bench in favor of Isco. The reason for this being that we're away from home against a very good side that will dominate possession. Isco offers better midfield and defensive contribution and will go down and help Coentrao, which will important if Lahm is starting due to him and Robben overlapping more than Robben and Raffinha.

We can bring on a 100% Bale off the bench.

17. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Right and one is disputing that, and Ancelotti figured out how to play against the greatest Bayern side in the last 15 years. And let's be real here, offensively Barcelona is still as dangerous as they've always been.

The point is that Mourinho could only compete against Barcelona and no one else in his time here. The only team worth mentioning defeating are Man City (in the group stages) and Man Utd, while Ancelotti has gone against (and won) the best Atl. Madrid probably in the history of the club, Juventus, Barcelona, Dortmund and Bayern.

18. Dantes

Dantes Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bayern are constantly running their mouths and belittling this club. I hope the players are fired up for next week. Stuffing those bastards in Munich would be epic. Just imagine those Bavarian tears.

19. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Yeah, you're delusional as hell trying to credit Ancelotti's work to Mourinho. That would be like saying that Mourinho was building on the 4-2-3-1 counter attacking side that Pellegrini implemented. The difference being that formation Ancelotti is having this team play is not one that Mourinho had this team play.

So where does the Mourinho influence come from? The counter-attacking? Well if we're doing it that way then, I suppose technically Pellegrini should credited.

btw: Simone's Atletico also play with a counter attacking 4-4-2, so is Mourinho to thank for that?

[​IMG]

CivilProtection, Zidane05 and libertao repped this.
  20. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    They know that we were better and clearly deserved win, and that they were very lucky that we didn't score more. At the end of the day this is just them trying to hype themselves up after a defeat.

21. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    While you were downplaying Ancelotti, you neglected to mention that he is playing against the greatest Bayern side in the last 20 years.

22. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been wondering lately, is this Bayern really the greatest side against elite opposition? Even if we lose this week, I think we can look back to Arsenal's close-fought struggle and Man United's draw as evidence that perhaps they are not that great, and that maybe destroying Barcelona was partly due to the circumstances and Barcelona suffering bad luck in that game. Thoughts?

23. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Even at Barcelona, Guardiola had a shoddy away record, and it is no different at Bayern. I recall Guardiola saying that he did not want Arsenal in the CL draw because their style was too similar, and it was sometimes a close-fought struggle. Remember Barca going through due to Van Persie being red carded at Camp Nou? It was a close even then.

Eddie repped this.
  24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We've been to Hell a few times recently - and we quite liked it. ;)

Aimar 21, halamadrid00, Dantes and 4 others repped this.
  25. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern Munich lost a Champions League final on their home ground... on penalties... after missing a penalty themselves in extra time.... after scoring the first goal of the match with only a few minutes left to go.

It's a wonder how Rummenigge manages to walk when he has his feet in his mouth half the time.