US/Germany - Recife - 6/26/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. valerian253

valerian253 New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Venice, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm in Los Angeles and will be traveling solo to the World Cup for all three USA games, plus the 2nd place round-of-16 match in Salvador. Right now I have 2 extra CAT 1 USA v Ghana, and 1 extra CAT 1 USA v Portugal. I am looking for 1 (any level) USA v Germany and lodging in Natal, Fortaleza, Manaus, Recife, and Salvador.

If there is any will to trade anything, let me know! valerian253 [at] gmail [dot] com

2. bwach

bwach Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Cleveland
    My wife and I are still working on a place to stay in Recife. We arrive the morning of the US-Germany game (6/26) and will be departing at the crack of dawn 6/29 - so likely will just need a place through the 28th. Would love a recommendation.

3. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a lead on getting a match ticket through a trade or possible purchase, but I have no clue about accommodations in Recife. Looks like my best bet on travel is to arrive about 01:30 on the 26th, and leave out at 06:30 on the 27th.

I'd be very happy to share space with any other American fans, and can also trade for space in Rio. I have a largish apartment booked from 14-22 June in Rio that I could offer space in.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure if you can grab an extra ticket, some poor Yank will share their room with you for it.

5. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's not a terrible idea at all, sooooo, does anyone have space to stay but no ticket??

6. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone has a single USA- Germany ticket come open, I am interested. Thanks!

7. dgall1120

dgall1120 New Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'll be in Recife with a group of 7 from 6/24-28. Places to stay in recife have been harder to come by/super expensive, so we've been looking into renting a larger 4-5 BR house. We've found one in Boa Viagem that can sleep 15+ for about $200/person for the 4 nights. It looks really nice and has a pool table, outdoor pool, full kitchen, 4 full bathrooms, and washing machine. Looking for other US fans/groups that would be interested in sharing the house. We're all young professionals in our mid-20s. PM me if interested/for more info!

8. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yikes, so is there just no place to stay in Recife at all? I'm coming up for the match, but I think at this point I may just jump on the 19:30 flight back to Rio . . . .

If somebody has a piece of floor or something they'd be willing to lend me (I'd be happy to contribute to your cost!) for 6-8 hours the night after USA-Germany, I'd love to stay overnight and hang out with other fans before returning.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might have an extra bed in a hostel there. One of our group is iffy about staying in the hostel.

10. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would work great! Really anything is fine. I'm just wanting the option to lay my head down for a few hours before flying back to Rio.

So I take it this bed is already reserved? Keep in touch, as I'd be plenty happy to take the reservation.

11. konejo

konejo New Member

May 30, 2010
    Im looking for any mexico game tickets, I have these tickets to trade.

USA vs Ghana cat. 2 - 2 tickets
    USA vs Germany cat 3. 2 tickets (block 125 row D seats 24, 25)
    match 51 1B vs 2A cat 2.

12. RICARDO FROTA

RICARDO FROTA New Member

May 2, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Hi, my name is Ricky, I lived in dallas for 15 years and got back to Recife-Brazil 2 years ago. I´m looking for a group of 4 or more to help with transportation, drive from the Airport to Hotel, guide the group to beachs, to landmarks, to the game... Everything will be safe with me. I will provide one cell phone to be able to comunicate and if something happen this will help. My concern is the safety of the people that will be coming over here, I´m Brazilian, but I´m realistic, Recife it´s dangerous. So, if you are interested in this, please reply this post or send me a whatsapp at 5581-8898-8152.

13. lebowski2332

lebowski2332 Member

Dec 14, 2005
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going from natal to Recife on June 25?

We (me and teenage son) will be going from the Italy Uruguay game to USA Germany game.

Would be fun to travel w other USA fans.

14. PINKO

PINKO New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I sent you a personal message. I'm selling one Mexico vs Croatia ticket and may have a second one too.

15. dsfunk

dsfunk New Member

May 2, 2014
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Does anyone know anything about the Candeias beach area 10k south of Recife? Having a very hard time finding a place in Recife for the 25th through the 2nd

16. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up my tickets to this match at DHL... Sec 125 row C, just to the side of the goal. Can't wait! USA!

17. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Are those PMA?

18. coolplanet

coolplanet New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Anybody need a travel buddy in Recife? I will be in Recife from the 26th to the 30th. Looking for a travel buddy to visit some landmarks. I am constantly reading it is not safe to travel in Recife so that is why I am asking. PM me!

I am a 21 year old male from Los Angeles travelling alone.

19. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets came today! Block 430. These were bought in the first random selection draw.

20. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, cat 3.

21. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Hey guys.. I will be in recife for the Italy and Mexico matches.. Staying in Porto de Chickens also!
    I have 2 Cat 1 Germany vs USA tickets.

Looking for France and Ecuador tickets to trade..

Or make me an offer for the tix..

I will be stying at Marupiara Hotel Porto de Galinhas from the 19th- 23

Good luck and safe travels..

22. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, I wanted to mention to US travelers out there that I'll be in New Orleans, Louisiana next weekend from the evening of the 23rd through mid-day on Memorial Day, the 26th. Besides knowing a couple of y'all on here who live there, I figured I might not be the only one going down there for the holiday weekend.

If you happen to be making the same trip for the holiday (or live in the area), it would be great to meet up and talk Brazil travel planning and World Cup football over the long weekend. There are obviously a ton of great places we could hang and chat, and I'd be happy to coordinate a time and place. If you'll be around, let me know and I'll make it happen. (cross-posting on a few US-heavy threads)

23. Jakemadeira524

Jakemadeira524 New Member

May 12, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Me and my fiance will be in Recife 6/25- 7/5. Staying at Hotel Guymar and Golden Beach Flats. Just got our tickets to the Germany match and both very pumped. Would love to meet anyone who is interested in meeting up with fellow yanks abroad before or after the match. Email: jakemadeir524@gmail(dot)com

24. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Hey guys!.. Just wanted to share this link for any of you that interested in Joining..
    (post from Recife thread in Fans and travel)

Here is the Facebook group: BigSoccer Travel Fans in
    RECIFE

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.24.40 PM.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/257272327793911/

25. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Does anyone have any information on pre-game activities that will be taking place the day of the match?