Cruel Summer? - The Summer Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by St. Michael's Sword, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's talk about Villa coming over instead of Sanchez.

2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Given that he will be 33 next year, that would be a short term solution. That said Atleti did well to buy him cheaply from Barca especially given how well he has played at times this year. I'm not sure why they would sell him given that they could be set to lose Costa. Seems like a great place for Villa to end his career especially since they could win the league and potentially CL.

3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Tello is a left sided player that meets everything we need, sure it's a risk but there isn't many left sided options. Barca wants 25m. Liverpool is said to be bidding 15m approx, Beppe needs to work his magic and get him on the cheap. If Juve raise 20m from sales and invest another 20m they could probably get both Tello and Sanchez.

Forget about Di Maria, it was never going to happen.

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I agree on Di Maria; that isn't possible now that he has had an amazing season. That was a missed opportunity as they were in Madrid I believe discussing a possible transfer for Higuain and Di Maria. Too bad.

Tello at 20 million is a risk as he has never been able to win many starts at Barca. He has only started twice in La Liga. Sanchez, who is a little more than 2 years old then Tello, is an interesting player and has played in Serie A. Just not sold on Tello whenever I've watched him play.

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nani, Lamela and Di Maria are primarily right sided players. So is Pereyra. We have Litch and Isla there. In any situation we need a left sided player and if I'm reading into what Conte says he also wants a replacement for Pepe and Pirlo. I don't see how we are not going to sign wingers, especially a left sided one. I can't think of a decent left winger we wouldn't could have inexpensively, except maybe Ibrahim Afellay, do we want Juve to sign him??

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pepe is done for, time to cut our losses with him. Isla's half should be sold to Inter or some other team. We need two good wingers of one good one on the left and a good backup for the right.

7. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Di Maria has played both wings and recently in the LCM position for Real and Argentina. He started on the left vs both Barca and Atletico in La Liga. Coentrao played LWB for Benfica if I recall correctly before Real pushed him back. He was excellent vs Bayern this past week. Another name is Antoine Griezmann who is a left footed winger who also can link up through the center. Kevin De Bruyne, Criscito, Felipe Luis, Shurrle, are a few more.

Sort of depends on what Conte wants to do with the formation.

As for Pirlo, there is no replacement! He is the best distributor who doesn't require a central pivot to play with. Verratti resembles Xavi (both playing with central pivots in Motta and Busquets).

8. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Hopefully they add players they think can help the team do well in the CL. Also keeping Conte, Vidal, or Pogba could be crucial.

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am aware that Di Maria, Nani and even Lamela can play on both wings. Bottom line, the left side needs reinforcements more then anything else. I would prefer a super fast pure left winger that can shoot with both feet, cut inside and track back, over any other position being filled.

Please take Criscito off any list. Mattia De Sciglio I would buy.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Griezman is going to PSG

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    If we still had Giacherrini or Elia we wouldnt have this problem wish Conte played them more especially in the 2011-12 season

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What became of Elia?

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He plays for Werder Bremen has got 4 goals and 3 assists this season but according to whoscored.com he has 2.3 dribbles per game which is more than any of our players.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    But Krasic has been terrible for Bastia.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why would any of you think we have the means of getting Di Maria?

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is he even on the market?

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Haha fair enough with Criscito. Can't say I've seen him play all that much since his move to Russia, but it seems like he has done well there. As for De Sciglio, I doubt Milan would sell, right? Plus he seems to miss a lot of games. El Shaarawy is another at Milan who could have potentially big upside (going from last year) but can't stay healthy.

Unless Juve are ready to spend very big which doesn't seem to be the case, then I don't think Di Maria is doable. That said, he nearly left Real last summer, but is probably indispensable at Madrid now. Perhaps Juve were overly focused on Higuain at the time.

Doesn't it depend though on what happens with Conte, Vidal, and Pogba? Although it seems very unlikely, if either Vidal or Pogba are sold then Juve would probably make a huge push for players of that level.

19. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Given some of the rumors, what if Juve did bring in both Coentrao and Alexis Sanchez? Would that be enough as long as Juve keep their core? If so that would probably cost them a combine total of 40 million some of which will be paid for with sales like Vucinic, Quags, Peluso. Both in their mid twenties too and each versatile.

Coentrao's performance vs Bayern was incredible both offensively (the run and assist for the first goal were class) and defensively on Robben. Perhaps he would want to leave rather than split time with Marcelo. Asamoah used as depth both out wide and through the center.

20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #120 phat, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    I don't know how much Coentrao will be sold for but he was bought for 30-35m. With both a LWB and RWF we could also use a trident formation (433). That would make us more dynamic. In in case, they will have to spend 30-40m at the very least in the summer if they are going to upgrade with quality. Otherwise they will settle for less expensive players with upside.

De Sciglio probably won't be sold. Balotelli seems to be on the market.

Criscito has done his time here, he's done well in Russia but I don't think we will be bringing him back.

21. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Coentrao has been on the radar and I think is valued between €12-20m.
    http://www.football-italia.net/39328/juve-make-coentrao-move
    http://www.football-italia.net/45711/juve-tracking-wantaway-coentrao

He can play both the LB and LWB position.

Sanchez is around €15-25m. Buying both would give Conte the tactical flexibility to play both the 3-5-2 and 4-3-3.

Tevez-Llorente-Sanchez trident with Coentrao as the LB. Sanchez could also play the Tevez role in the 3-5-2. Lich has cover in Isla, Sanchez, Caceres in both formations. Asamoah as depth out wide and in the center. Also factor in Ciro Immobile who is a transfer chip and player which is getting notoriety.

These guys are also in their prime age wise. I'd imagine Juve sales could cover at least half the transfer spending making this a low risk that doesn't require for Juve to spend like other clubs.

If any of what I'm saying is remotely accurate, bringing in Sanchez, Immobile, and Coentrao would be pretty good and not too expensive at all. Juve would have quality depth everywhere.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kolarov would be great for this team, and relatively cheap too.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kolarov's agent said that there are about 4-5 teams chasing him. Roma, Milan and Juve in Italy. He went on to say that "I can say Roma are tracking him, but there are problems based on the wages because Kolarov earns €3.5m per season"

24. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Of all the names mentioned I like Kolarov the best. As long as we have Pirlo a 4-3-3 just really isn't reasonable for our midfield. I also don't think Sanchez is a great fit. Di Maria would be good but impossible financially. Would Sanchez even come at a reasonable price? He's had a decent season - as good or better than Neymar. Also I dislike Coentrao but I'd take Marcelo any day of the week. Also just no to Villa...just no....

25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #125 soccerr9, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    After seeing the way he defended vs Bayern particularly Robben, Coentrao really impressed me. He also started for Mourinho in place of Marcelo for long spells. He is also younger than Kolarov by over 2 years.

Marcelo would be a dream, but unattainable much like Di Maria is now. Di Maria was a missed opportunity for many clubs seeing that he nearly exited Madrid when Bale and Isco arrived. Carlo using him as a LCM/LM (when in a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo pushed further up as a left forward) is something Argentina do to accommodate him. Can't see why Madrid would sell him now that this is a feature.

I'm not overly impressed with Sanchez, but I think that could have more to do with Barca's playing style where he is constantly asked to stay wide and play in support of Messi. Even still, his numbers are actually very solid with 17 goals and 10 assists in 24 La Liga starts (7 sub ins). He is also solid defensively especially when pressing.

If these guys could be had for a combine total of around 40 million, I think it would be a win. They are both sort of underrated given some transfer tags associated with their names.