Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Luciano Gaucci accused the Matarrese and his brother of being crooks....LOL!

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is Gaucci still in exile in Costa Rica? What club did he own? He was a character.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #10153 falvo, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Falc repped this.
  4. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    “There comes a time in life when you realise what really matters, what did matter, what doesn’t matter anymore and what will always matter.

“I don’t care about being famous, I only want to score goals for the Lazio fans.”

Ok we will ask you about that in 2 years, if you are still there.

7. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    lazio lazio lazio, cuore de sta fogna

unico grande puzza...

8. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fogna de sta citta

schnix repped this.
  9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once we're the most financially stable, we'll be able to generate enough funds that we don't have to beg a sugar daddy to fund a CL campaign. Also, I'm not interested in explaining my philosophy on football again.

I hate Arsenal but something that people forget all the time that Arsenal's state has little to do with finances. Mismanagement of finances and coaching is the issue. Arsenal have a reserve of cash in most years of around £100m, let me say that again, £100m. That's £100m they can spend and not take a loss at all and at seasons end they will start generating the funds to build that figure back up. Most big clubs don't have a fraction of that.

They are arguably the most financially stable club in the world their lack of titles isn't due to money. That's what I want, I want our club to be self sufficient and strong and have the ability to be consistent title contenders without begging rich men to spend their money. If Roma had a new stadium, sold it out regularly, new sponsors because of our increased marketability, in Italy we'd be on a different level financially then pretty much everyone. If we managed the money well we'd be a difficult team to deal with.

Milan's brand is valuable but we haven't seen them bottom out yet. I think people, mainly Italian football fans don't realize how bad their financial situation is and with no CL football that could see them spiral for a few years.This will be the first season in a little bit without CL football. That additional revenue drop will be significant, probably knock a few 100 million off their value. Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world but they need a lot more work to arrest the slide they've been in which has only been halted slightly by Berlucsoni's check book and the fact he's been willing to eat those losses, most other clubs would be in a serious state right now. Milan aren't going to be as valuable as they have been in the past, outside of the CL, finishing mid-table and in Europa League and playing in half empty stadiums for most matches, eventually the bottom line will start to reflect it more severely. That's why as a Roma fan I'm more interested in building our club, then spunking a bunch of money on the first team because that base will see us through tough times.

shiboboo and Roma_NY repped this.
  10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SoCalYid has it exactly right. Milan's brand is failing. They are basically where Roma was at the two years before the new American ownership took over. Their model required continual Champions League boosts in revenue. Without that boost, they are all about selling and free transfers. Their funds have been mismanaged for years.

Once Roma secures the stadium, Roma and Juve will leave the rest of Serie A behind. Milan and Inter need new stadiums and they need them soon. I believe that if Berlusconi is stubborn about selling the team now, he will be pretty much forced too when they suffer a second or third season with no Champions League.

11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah.... I've said before too because of the market we play in we have as much or more potential than clubs like Juve financially, winning tradition or not. AS Roma have mismanaged the the Rome market for years, which is a top city in the world. If we can win a few titles and be in the CL consistently with a new stadium I think our revenue will reach a new plateau not seen yet by an Italian club and the expenses will be much better managed.

This is what I want to see by years end from Roma, but hopefully unlike Arsenal our owners won't be as cynical claiming not to have money. If we ever got to a point where we generated this much cash proportionally to the rest of the league, competing for a title should be expected. Right now we're dependent on how much our owner wants to give us, which is a situation I hate as a football fan. I'd much rather we win off the back of what the club generates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Me too I hope they don't operate in the arsenal fashion.

13. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People often say, "well that hasn't won titles". Arsenal have cynically run their club for awhile now. Just look at the Ozil purchase, that didn't effect their bottom line much at all. They could do one of those every season, they just don't. As a Spurs fan I often worry about if they got another manager in their like Ancelotti for example or even LVG, someone who would put pressure on them to stop playing games and start competing. The sugar daddied clubs would still have an advantage but if they cant compete for a title with that they only have themselves to blame.

14. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Artur play like a god today.

[​IMG]

15. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    HAHA That was quick 1-0 Benfica!

16. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    GARAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should sign him now.

17. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing Juve defend there worries me for the world cup. The Italian backline will be Juve heavy. Italy have been terrible on high balls played into the box for years now but it's been much worse lately. I think most of the goals Italy have conceded have been some sort of high ball, cross, set piece or corner.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Shame for the away goal, but at least they lost.

20. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Benfica's RB made a very bad mistake leaving his position needlessly which allowed Tevez to get a free shot. He then nearly gave Juve a 2nd goal but Marchisio missed. It will be very hard for them now in Turin.

Benfica's stadium is amazing, can't wait to see our new stadium.

schnix repped this.
  21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    when italy loses more cl spots i wonder what people will say. A major key in getting investors in Serie A is CL football that wont happen if we only have 1 automatic and one play off spot.

comunque che sarà sarà

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #10172 Salmeen10, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Italy needs to drop to 7th to lose another CL spot, so its safe to say its not happening soon. But regaining the 4th ticket seems like wishful thinking now, its not gonna happen for a long time.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if the Portuguese and French get good in the EL it will be almost impossible unless italy improves as well.

24. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those graphs look nice.

here's another one though.

POSITION CLUB 2012-13 WAGES 2011-12
    1 MANCHESTER CITY £202m £174m
    2 CHELSEA £173m £190m
    3 MANCHESTER UNITED £162m £153m
    4 ARSENAL £143m £124m

They don't use the extra money they get , that's how they have the highest revenue , they don't sign top players , they don't spend big to bring n top players , Ozil was their first one since god knows when.
    i do not want to be that kind of club , i am sick and tired of being a competer for 2nd to 3rd spot , i want to win.
    how long has it been since they won anything remotely relevant?
    i need to remind you that we are supporters , not business me , business is not my deal at all , i want to win.

25. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Stadio da luz is probably my fav stadium in terms of looks