Pre-match: CL 1/2 FINALS 1ST LEG |FC Bayern München-Real Madrid | 4.23.14

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We've won more games playing tiki taka against big teams than we lost

2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sometimes the sun is shining and sometimes the clouds block the sunlight. Where am I getting at here? I have no ********ing clue I just wanted to use the word sometimes.

anticule, Romanero, humin12 and 2 others repped this.
  3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sometime we lose but we always go thru.
    thats what you missed.

anticule and Romanero repped this.
  4. arif

arif Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Will any real players miss the second leg?

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think any are suspended, and Bale/Ronaldo should both be fully fit by then. In short; no.

anticule, Romanero and Dhajj repped this.
  6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No suspensions and fully fit Ronaldo and bale.. I expect us to concede

anticule, Boandlkramer and Romanero repped this.
  7. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Its far from over.

8. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What about Marcelo? Is he fit for the second leg?

9. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    am i the only one who noticed how coentrao decided to kick robben in the stomach after robben being offside and was on the ground?

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Again.

Important to remember that what Bayern are playing is NOT tiki-taka. At least not yet.

Tiki-taka is much more than just possession. What happens in the final third is a major chunk of the foundation of its philosophy.

anticule, Romanero and Matakos repped this.
  11. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep and we've scored plenty if not more at times this season. Ribery sucking does not help at all and getting a guy like Lewandowski will help a shit ton too.

anticule, Romanero and Dhajj repped this.
  12. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I guess he is, but is that relevant? I mean it's not rocket science to see Marcelo's defensive weaknesses, which makes him a liability when he has to play against arguably the best right winger in the world.

Romanero repped this.
  13. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Guardiola is a genius and he can produce something special. He is a genius and especially at these kinds of situations - he can change the game and can put their ass on fire to change the result. I have seen him doing this a lot of times back in this time in FC Tiki Taka. Watch him do the same in five days.

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Muller or Gotze will have to put a lot more pressure on Modric. Allowing him operate like he has been will result in a loss

15. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #990 Cuppo, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Oh, I didn't know Gareth Bale is playing for Bayern Munich?
    Robben isn't a winger, altough I'd prefer that position for him.

It is, but as much as I love it, against Real Madrid we focused too much on playing clean Tiki-Taka and controlling/dominating the game. I'd prefer them scoring two if we at least get one but now it's too late.

Like against Chelsea and Inter Milan in the semi-finals? :rolleyes:
    I agree he is a genius but sadly he don't and no one knows how to defeat this:
    [​IMG]

anticule repped this.
  16. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The last time we faced them, the players pressed Alonso and cut out their passing outlet. The same has to be done with Modric and Alonso this time. Isco and Di Maria were more involved in defending, and with Bale and Ronaldo starting in the next match, there'll be one less player trying to press and defend in the midfield. If the team gives their 100% and shows a little bit more urgency, it'll be a very close match. It would also help if the defence kept their cool and clear the ball once in a while instead of trying to pass it out of danger all the time. A few more long range shots coud help; the Real defenders would have to come out to try and block some and this could open up space.

About Pep ruining Bayern, the first half of the season, heck even till March for that matter, the team was playing really well. The potential of this team was evident. I don't know what the exact problem is, but as has been mentioned above already, most of the attacking moves are not being tried anymore. The fluidity is gone, and Pep is playing a more defensive game. The loss of form of some players isn't helping either. But the potential is there, and with all players fit along with the addition of Lewandowski next season, we could be in for some scintillating football.

anticule and Dhajj repped this.
  17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far switching up tatics. I think we stay the course. Shuffle players around come out with more bite more purpose

anticule and Equilibrium repped this.
  18. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The point is only this, which is a more favorable route?

Changing the squad to fit Pep's system further (in terms of buying new personnel, doing more squad changes, offloading or ignoring players) to become the best team in the world?

OR

Looking for a middle way that utilizes the strengths of the current team (Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Martinez and the rest are no pushovers that we can start thinking of a team without them) and a more hybridized version of Pep's vision to become the best team in the world?

The team is in disharmony. To see that so many people are upset with this result is to see that we thought little of our opponents. 1-0 is a 50-50 result. If we can't even keep a clean sheet at the Allianz Area to overpower this lead, then I believe we were inadequately prepared to handle this fixture and Real Madrid is a better team than us or atleast we are not better than them as we used to think.

chewz and vinontop repped this.
  19. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  20. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anticule repped this.
  21. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    allianz arena is gonna be on fire next leg. will be hell of a atmosphere. our fans are the most underrated worldwide.

anticule and Lahmfan repped this.
  22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I for one am curious to see what Bayern's attack CAN look like if he gets his type of players in attack, so more flexible wing forwards than Robben/Ribery and a more capable, technical, and mobile striker. There's a reason he wanted Neymar at the club. Maybe he can unlock those kinds of defenses if he is allowed to build the entire team in his image but right now it's very much a transition period and will be next year in sorts as long as Ribery and Robben remain viable options. But Lewandowski can be game changer. Also Götze's integration and I have a feeling Bayern will go after at least one more attacking player - likely a wing-forward. Not sure who could be right fit now. Reus or Draxler would be ideal on first glance but not realistic.

anticule repped this.
  23. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I like Carlos Vela for wing option, he's perfectly suitting to Pep's system + he can play as striker/center-forward too as he showed. Perfect opportunity to let Shaqiri and maybe even Mandžukić go and buy another CB insteadt. But that's just me.

24. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    By the way, what's going on with Ultras Sur and the club? I heard they've been banned from the matches but seemed like they were back against us? I know they've been in fight with the club, you know anything?