Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
  2. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Of course his father wanted Zlatan to play for Bosnia, he was born there. I dont think Zlatan would choose Bosnia over Sweden, but of course, i cant know that.

Zlatan has said in many interviews that he is proud to play for the swedish team, and that he did not regret his choice.

3. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know if anybody noticed this before, but there is some crazy correlation between us and man shity in terms of silverware in the past few years:
    - 2011 we won CdR and they won the FA Cup
    -2011 both teams lost the super cups (Community Shield in England)
    -2012 both teams were champions of their respective leagues
    -2012 both teams won the super cups
    -2013 both teams lost the final of their domestic cups
    -2014 we won CdR and they won the Football League Cup

Hopefully this correlation breaks with us winning the league :p

4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Zlatan did choose Bosnia, but they didn't want him at the time.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

Interesting, I'm wondering out loud how political their FA is, I can say that IMO American football at the youth level at least is very much about who you know. The best and most talented are not always playing for the national team, that isn't to say we don't have good players there but there are arguably better players in the US that you will likely never hear about. I would imagine that is common in many countries though... But in the US the cost of youth soccer and no how to get your kid noticed is very challenging and many of new and recent immigrant families with talented soccer players don't have the resources or interest in devoting the time in that process.

6. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is quite something. Also both coaches were appointed near enough the same time (Pellegrini and Ancelotti)

7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    #7582 Sudžuka, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    At the time there were 3 different presidents(representing each of the 3 majority ethnicities in Bosnia) presiding at the same time. They were unqualified and corrupt individuals. They would accept money from football agents in return for calling up their players which would in turn help them get higher transfer fees.

temesgen repped this.
  8. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I quite believe what you say, but it would be nice with some kind of source

9. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was the transfer ban ever really in effect? Didn't it come into play after the winter transfer window?

That'll teach 'em!

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I have mixed feelings about the rule, it seems to me that the idea behind the rule is to keep kids from being taken advantage of which is good. However its also true that for some of these kids football is really their opportunity to do something with their life and it would be shame if they can't take an opportunity to live the dream at an institution like barca unless rules which in some cases really don't make sense or apply are followed.

If barca was or is running kids thru the program and within 12 months they are stuck on streets in Spain and can't get home that would suck, on the other hand if you have some kid who didn't even grow up with his parents who has the opportunity to follow his dream but his father who's a drunk or not engaged can't be found and his mother who has 4 other kids and a factory job she can't risk leaving is unable to take control of his life that is bs.

Perhaps FIFA should contract a social worker in the country where the kid lives who can evaluate the situation and make a recommendation based on the impact to the family and the likely impact the move will have for the kid. It would probably be cheaper than moving a family so make the clubs pay for it and in many cases it might help people from hating each other for missed opportunities versus a life they can count on and responsibilities that can't be ignored.

Blanket rules and regulations many times have unintended consequences.

ADiSKOTEC repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was born in the US, my parents are both Cuban, my grandparents are from Spain, I consider myself all 3 ;)

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But that isn't the case, he and his family are proud Albanians. It was just a smarter decision to play for Belgium.

13. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't blame him. Belgium have a cracking set of young players at the minute so one should expect them to be qualifying for the major tournaments on a regular basis. Most players dream of playing on the big stage so this is a much better opportunity for him.

In Northern Ireland we have the choice of which nation we represent. I think there's actually 3 or 4 players from NI that have opted to play for Ireland in recent years. Although in these cases the reasoning is totally non-football related.

RMSocrates and Eddie repped this.
  14. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And it's 1:1 in Benfica.

Rakitic is great for Sevilla, I hope he doesn't join Atletico or Barca in the summer.

15. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Benfica scores.

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what an awesome match Benfica vs Juve! brilliant game, movements, emotions. Benfica is always so fun to watch, hope they will reach the final.

RMSocrates, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4x4s repped this.
  17. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica played really well in the 1st half, but they looked asleep in the 2nd. As soon as Cardozo and Gomes left the team looked more solid and consistent, thank god for Cavaleiro's wonderful simulation to make a great pass for Lima work.

Next is in Juve's home, hope they go in there with the same atitude as tonight. SLB!!

18. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's just mixing up nationality and ethnicity. Two different things.

19. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Sick. Ronaldo should learn this thingy.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Benzema did that move to Bale against barca.

Chinky24 and Zidane05 repped this.
  21. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's sick anyway. Especially followed with a goal.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's what i thought when i spotted that goal a few days ago, but it's one thing to make the move, and another to make it, turn around and score. It's the same game a difficulty level higher. If Bale would have scored, it would have had a bit more value, but the way it happened it was only worth the highlight reel.

Chinky24 repped this.
  23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Tito Vilanova was rushed to the hospital and is reportedly in critical condition, there are also unconfirmed reports coming out that he may have passed away.

24. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ******** I really hope Tito is ok. Horrible news.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm reading this online. Boy, did it just shit on my day. What terrible, terrible news.

All the prayers in the world that he'll pull through this.

CivilProtection, Doni, raven3k and 4 others repped this.