Frauen-Bundesliga Friends (and Foes) 2013

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The lone striker Munich was utilizing; Rudelic, seemed inexperienced, or least to scarred to take a shot as she kept passing the ball backwards. But Munich gained confidence as the game progressed. Another one of their players not in the lineup, Swede NT, Schough. That means as many as four starters were missing, so still an excellent result for them.

Frankfurt coach, Bell, is beginning to act downright bizarre! Playing such an ultra defensive zone, can't figure out his configuration anymore; possibly a 4-3-2-1? Even at home(vs Wolfsburg) he still plays his team in a shell. He refuses to sub(except really late in the game) even thought he's got a good bench with the likes of Peter, Tanaka, Garciamendez & Wich.

Gromit, nice try once again! But with both Kim Little & Kawasumi on the team, we know your watching the Seattle Reign, INTENSELY. But hmm........they do also got the Benedict Arnold of your loyal Lyon; Rapinoe,.....so maybe not!

btw..............just wanted to know about Munich's Beckmann; I've never seen someone as black at her! but she's born in Germany(according to women's soccerway site), with a presumed German name(so probably not from immigrant or GI parents) Is she adopted(like Italy's Balotelli)?

and so sorry to hear about Romert. Here's one of the best articles I've read about ACL's.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...=pop-sound-that-plagues-female-soccer-players

It does report on ways to prevent it with proper abdominal muscle building exercises. However other articles I've read said that doesn't help

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    But have you seen anybody whiter as Laetitia Tonazzi or Karen Carney ? ;)

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #428 Batfink, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    @hotjam2 I personally didn't think too much of Frankfurt's good early season form, but seeing how everything seems to be slowing down for them right now, I'm also definitely shocked to see the likes of Peter, Tanaka, Garciamendez & Wich, still receiving so little playing time..:confused:
    Imagine... completely normal dark skinned black people living inside of Europe... Crazy huh... :rolleyes:

lol, I've seen a lot of players with various physical traits which make them stand out for very obvious reasons; but never have I heard surprise about an individuals clear African descent, due to them being unnaturally cursed/gifted with high levels of melanin...o_O lol.

Plus Germany's U-20's losing another 1st choice CB in the space of a few months of each other, isn't the best news for Meinert to hear so close to a WC; it's an injury which has become ridiculously common place/far too normal for the top female youth prospects now.
    Yeah, but when it comes to attempting humour about most things U.S. women's soccer, their fans clear but often confusing sense of indignation, just turns every thread towards instant...
    Poop.gif
    Meaning something as harmless as "It was not a great game anyway, even if better than any NWSL's of course :p", can randomly turn into "No matter what, Bayern and Frankfurt are great, so F**K USA and it's inferior NWSL...:p"... and we all know where this thread goes...

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Umm, that was not my point at all so I'm not sure what all of the above is about. Point is, this is a thread about the BL and the discussion all along where about those games. I found it weird and off topic that a random dig about NWSL was thrown in. To me, that's a sure fire way to derailed a thread and it won't be the fault of NWSL fans.

Anyway, carry on.

5. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    due to them being unnaturally cursed/gifted with high levels of melanin...o_O

Trust me, it's definitely a gift, especially after age 30!;):cool::thumbsup:

jocasta repped this.
  6. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    If you can't take the heat....:whistling::whistling:

jocasta repped this.
  7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    http://www.giyf.com/
    The first hit you get is for a Wikipedia page in English.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #433 hotjam2, Apr 24, 2014
    Smulan, so your trying to be a piece of shit? or whtt is your problem?

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #434 Smulan, Apr 24, 2014
    No, I'm giving you the tools you need to find information. It's faster and more effective than waiting for a reply from someone else and I myself find it very useful. It's a valuable skill that I teach to students on a regular basis.

jocasta, Batfink and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Too busy to get into this properly right now but...
    You Mad Bro Chris.jpg

11. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    But they don't seem to care to comment down here too much.
    Exactly. (Or maybe it would be more accurate to say, "If you can't take the snark...")

Cases in point:
    Whose fault would it be then, exactly? But if someone cares to get a NWSL/NSFW thread going down here, they should certainly do it. WUSA had threads, WPS had a thread... what's NWSL, chopped liver?

Aye aye, Cap'n! (We used to play Moderator Taunting too, but maybe you're not into that... guess it's more polite to ask first. Well, I'll risk a small taunt, it's Friday and all...)

12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I'm not sure why there's no thread here for NWSL. Maybe it have to do with the fact that not too many internationals play in NWSL or at least those that play here many people don't care about.

As for the moderator thing, I'm not sure what that means exactly but rest assure I have no jurisdiction on this part of the forum so it really doesn't matter.

13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What do you mean by "here for NSWL" ? On BS ? There is : https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/forums/nwsl.68/
    Within the Frauen Bundesliga thread ? Er.... This one is dedicated to.... the Bundesliga. ;) Isn't it ? What's the NWSL has to do with it ?
    Which internationals are you talking about ? I can't imagine you are talking about US players, since there are almost all over there. So ? German internationals (since it is the Bundesliga thread here) ? Right, I can see none. But even if there were some, should it justify a NSWL thread within this one ? Is there any NWSL within the Nadeshiko thread ? Any Japanese thread within the French D1 ? Etc.
    Actually, I don't understand what you mean... at all ! :cautious::confused::unsure::p

And I think very funny that my remark about NWSL's level of quality, which was intended to be a joke (although it's truth, of course :p), provoked such outraged reactions from our US friends, when they can't stop invading and spamming all possible threads not related to "US Soccer" in any way, and turning them into US discussions. :p

14. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Again, completely missing my entire point.

- By here for NWSL I meant in the rivalry forum which was what Jocasta was referring to. Back in the day, there was the WUSA/WPS sub forum but also a thread here in the rivalry forum.

- And by internationals not being here I mean playing in the NWSL. It's no secret that both WUSA and WPS had most of the top internationals playing in the league which meant international posters on this forum took more interest in the league hence why there was a thread for that league in the Rivalry forum for those international poster who did not want to deal with the US partisanship in the larger sub forum.

- As for the last point, I would hardly call my simple question outrage and it's not US fans but rather just me so let's not over react. As people have mentioned before, this is the rivalry forum so of course everyone is going to be here and if you throw down the gauntlet about NWSL in the Frauen Bundesliga thread, you can't expect that to go unnoticed.
    Maybe as jocasta suggested, we should have a NWSL thread in the rivalry forum and that way everyone can air their opinions and what not there without derailing other threads.

15. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how much chance do Cloppenburg have to stay in the first division? :eek: Its absolutely beyond me how a team like Hoffenheim who dealt with so many injuries still have more points then Cloppenburg.

If Hoffenheim get any points from Freiburg this weekend, I guess it will be safe to say Cloppenburg will head back to the 2nd division with Sindelfingen.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The decisive game will be on May 11 when Cloppenburg will host Hoffenheim...

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    some people 'rub' me the wrong way, as well as I guess I 'rub' others the same way. But I don't pick on anybody that I don't care for
    Cloppenburg been the major disappointment of the season, or at least an very odd paradox. Unlike Sindelfingen, Cloppenburg did some major revamping and got

two world class strikers in Islacker & Jakobsson.

One top u20 player in Jager.

Two NT's from Brazil with WC/Olympic experience.

Four Polish NT's,

as well as 2 NT's each from Austria & Switzerland.

Yet a team like Essen with 'zero' NT's got a way better record.
    The one game they were shown on the dfb site, Clop vs Wolfsburg, they did really good in the 1st half, as Jakobbson scored on a fantastic run through Wolfsburg's defense. But it was only her 2nd goal all season, and then in the 2nd half, Wolfsburg took charge through a 'sell to the ref' red card.
    Just noticed; Turbine Potsdam II has a slim lead in the North, 2nd division. It will make things mighty interesting if they do make it into the 1st division next year because depending on the rules = they could still be switching players in and out from each team(that's what it seems like they're doing this year)

18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Not going to happen. 2nd league teams cannot be promoted if the club also has a team in the 1st league. Also, there are rules on eligibility of players for the 2nd league team (something to do with not having played on the 1st league team for the last n matches - I can't find the details right now).

blissett repped this.
  19. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that Islacker is probably underrated, while Jakobsson is overrated... :sneaky:

GambitSWE repped this.
  20. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    I totally agree. Islacker is such an amazing player. If I only know why she always choose the wrong teams. :D

21. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    I thought I'd come here and find a long winded post from hotjam2 on Dallmann because she played a brilliant game today. :D

The German CL SF today was fun to watch. Can't help but think the leauge game between WOB and TP will be just as intense. Do you guys think it would be a good idea for WOB to play the leauge game in the big arena too? :unsure:

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Personnally, I don't care where they will play, as long as both teams will offer such a great game again ! It had everything : technique, speed, tension, physical dedication, good spirit (considering the high tension), suspense, fantastic goals (Simic's and Keßler's particularly), drama (Goeßling.... oh, Lena, I love you more and more, you and Kessie :inlove::p), gag (Schult), audience (11,000 people, more than in Lyon, for Lyon-Potsdam)... everything that makes us love women's football in general and German WF in particular (with French and Japanese, as far as I am concerned, of course :p... but let's be honest, I think that none other WF in the world can offer such a complete show today than German's).

gricio61 repped this.
  23. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now I hope Wolfsburg will win the CL again and finish below 2nd place in the Buli. I want to see three German clubs playing in Europe next season. :cautious:

Micol, Gromit06, gricio61 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I share your wish. I hope to see WOB winner of CL, and in Bundesliga Frankfurt being champions (because it has been 6 years since their last title, and it's their turn), Potsdam 2nd and Wob 3rd.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll make a 'Dal-lieber' out of you, yet!
    full game replay
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/sgs-essen-mvs-duiseburg/8187/