2014 FIFA WORLD CUP (EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Games' started by HomietheClown, Feb 8, 2014.

1. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys have any tips about the training portion of the game? Or is there a good site with discussion on that topic? Some of the drills, like passing, and pace aren't so hard, but the shooting drills seem just impossible! I'm not sure what I'm missing, but in the "edge of the 18" shooting drill, I'm lucky to get a single point during training!

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah I never do the edge of the 18 one. I do the hit the boxes every time I want to increase a player's shooting. It's much much easier. Also, not sure if you know this, but you can turn miCoach off and actually select which players you want to train. The miCoach just takes the lowest players you have in that area and forces you to train them, but turning it off allows you to coach any players you'd like.

3. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I did start using that feature yesterday. Hit the boxes looks easier for sure, but it's still tough to even get past the keeper most of the time.

4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the game play in this version is dramatically more realistic than FIFA 13, so much so that I didn't enjoy the game for the first few games that I played. You really have to plan for the reaction of the ball when it is being received by the player as opposed to previous versions where it really "stuck" to the player. It's a lot of fun.

The other change I like is the buildup of speed that players show. Instead of going from zero to top speed in the blink of an eye, they show a more normal acceleration phase.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't think we will ever get a fully realistic game of fifa because it would be boring. In real life, there are numerous low scoring matches like 1-1, 0-0, 1-0, etc. EA doesn't want that in their games because that would bore way too many users. There will always be some unrealistic factor in each fifa game just to add some excitement. EA wants players to score multiple goals each game because goals = fun. That is why pace can still be abused, crosses are over effective and corner conversion rates are considerably higher than real life.

I'd love a realistic fifa because I love passing soccer, but I also like the fast paced nature of fifa games. I am not a big fan of the World Cup game because it seems passing is less effective. Crossing is a bit harder, but it's so easy to score off headers. I hope fifa 15 is not like the World Cup game, but that is just my opinion.

6. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was so excited when I found out my country Ecuador had actually been licensed.
    It seems like a lot of countries that normally only have generic kits and badges now look like they do in real life. Really well done on that aspect EA

7. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Isn't Ecuador in Fifa? Pretty sure they are

8. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's referring to the fact that their kits are fully licensed in 2014 FIFA WC, whereas they had generic kits in FIFA 14

9. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, I remember in the last world cup game they had generic kits so I didn't expect them to have the real ones for this game. I hope they keep putting in more real kits or at least keep the ones they have right now.

10. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I still haven't played "Fifa World Cup Brasil" because EA was stupid enough not to release for next gen consoles! And cool Ecuador is finally licensed but that doesn't make up for poor ratings, outdated squads and players that don't look realistic! As for Fifa14, it sucks and I might actually be switching back to PES (Konami) ... Hopefully Konami improves the gameplay cuz everything else is pretty realistic!

11. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't have a next-gen console (nor do I really want one) so that didn't really bother me. Weird how they couldn't make them backwards compatible though. Or even just release the same game with little to no changes and sell it as the "better" version like the did when the xbox 360 and PS3 were new.

Poor rosters and faces are going to stay until EA starts hiring way more people to work on the game and right now they know they don't have any need to so they'll keep doing the same. It's not like the quality of a smaller and less popular country like ours is going to make any change in their sales.

My excuse to skip this game was actually gonna be that I didn't expect Ecuador to have real shirts and that really bugs me anytime I play the other Fifa games.

12. Donaldouk

Donaldouk New Member

May 17, 2014
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Its a shame they not bringing out a PS4 / XB1 version. always want to play after a real match finishes. Hoping for a DLC of a sort.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    World Cup iQuiz- Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donaldouk.worldcupiquiz

13. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so no ios version?

14. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've tried to adjust the screen size but I still can't see the stupid bar. This must be a new thing because I can see it perfectly fine in FIFA 12. My TV is a bit old, but I've never had a problem like this.

15. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ah ha! At times, I play on an old CRT too. If you've already adjusted the screen size (smaller, not larger lol) I doubt there's anything else to adjust... At first, before I had adjusted the size, I used to take penalties blind and I actually scored a bunch lol

16. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lol man it pisses me off when I lose games because I couldn't see the penalty bar. It's so stupid. Sometimes I'll get lucky and make a few. I wish they would stop messing with the penalty system. Just leave it alone and fix the speed of the game. It's WAY too fast right now. Teams with speed are almost unstoppable. Ever tried playing Brazil, Germany, or Portugal with a slow team like Italy or France? Lol what a headache!

17. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you who have played as the US in this game, I have just about given up playing with them. The agility and ball control of even the best players is horrible, and for those that aren't considered good is just unfair. Whenever any team with good players presses the vast majority of American players, the ball is stolen, often in really bad spots. The passing is atrocious and defensive ability is just pi$$ poor. I've started to play with my second favorite national team, Belgium, and I win most games due to the sheer number of star players, but my heart just isn't in it to beat other teams as anyone but the US.

I've found that the "star" players just have an unacceptably high bias compared to the nuts and bolts players that if you play against them, that player can just score at will or waltz into the box and set up the other players for tap ins.

The other bull$hit is on kickoffs, for some reason the person kicking off can immediately bypass 6 of your players and be in on your back 2 within 2 seconds. If it is some one like CRon or Suarez, they score.

For me, the game is a major disappointment compared to the 2010 version which I played for 2 years after the WC.

Anyone else?

18. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here's your answer for the kick off problem: Hold Left trigger and A. You'll auto follow him and at the right time put a tackle in with B if he's managing to fend you off. If he doesn't, holding A will cause your player to be close enough to him to get the ball when he makes a mistake and runs into you.

For the star player stuff, it's normal. Play with CR7 and abuse through balls from CMs, between the LCB and LCB. If you time it properly, he'll be yards ahead of the defender with his runs. Rinse and repeat with any fast winger

I've have zero honor when it comes to FIFA games. I've tried playing realistically, normally, like a real football team would play. The truth is, no one does that online. Everyone is just looking to pad their stats. So abuse abuse abuse is now my style of play

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just foul any idiot who tries to just walk passed me on kickoff. It really sets a tone for the match.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So I have won the online Cup 3 times already and felt really good about my accomplishment.
    Then I go into the leaderboards section just to see what the real gamerz are doing and notice some Iranian kid has won 55 online World Cups.

That was a humbling experience. My goodness. He must know every flaw and bug in the game or something. Or just has no life living in his Mom's basement in Tehran.

21. youssefmeskin

youssefmeskin Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    Will they update the roster when the final squads will be announced? There are some players that aren't in the game but are on their team's squad like Griezmann for example..

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes.
    In the last World Cup game all the teams that were in the World Cup had their official Rosters updated.

The down side to that though was that I wanted to select players who were not on the Official roster but could not.
    I hope that flaw changes this time around.

23. youssefmeskin

youssefmeskin Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    Yeah some players I wish would be in the game even if they're not going to Brazil.

24. GOYA-GOYA

GOYA-GOYA Member

Dec 15, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game sucks with trying to change out your squad. I can never get it to work. Really poorly put together

25. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    It's a simple bug that should have been fixed by now. They've had, what, a month to fix it?