The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Roma will make a move for Parma defender Gabriel Paletta during the off-season, it has been claimed this afternoon.
    The paper believes that the offer will be a yet to be determined cash amount, plus current Cesena loanee Marco D’Alessandro.

schnix repped this.
  2. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    if only we got him back in January, we could've gotten him for cheaper (even i never heard of him back then)... if he gets called up for the World Cup, then its only going to inflate his value

i hope Rudi evaluates Jedvaj/Antei/Romagnoli first in the offseason to determine whether or not we need to bring in someone like Paletta (who imo, is just as inexperienced as the former 3 when it comes to the CL)

Imran_INDIA repped this.
  3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Aerial challenges and headers are definitely weak areas in Destro's play. He misses many easy headers and barely win any challenges. The question is whether we need a striker good in the air or not, that goes to Rudi. Borreillo is pretty good in the air, but he wasn't useful for us at all when he was here and wasn't integrated properly in out attacking strategy, so I'm inclined towards saying we don't need one like that. But again this depends on what Rudi wants, if he prefers someone good in the air or mobile/creative.

wm72 repped this.
  4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    every team needs it, even if it's just a backup/bench player. even the Spanish NT goes to plan B when their tika taka fails to break down defenses. we have no such player right now, not even on the bench

i would've liked to keep Borriello as a backup option, but his wages are too high (he makes more €€€ than Pjanic, Strootman, and Benatia, grazie a Sensi). and you're right, he's lacking in qualities in almost every other area of the pitch to justify those wages. now if we can get someone like Drogba....

5. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I think verto and Palletta will be rotated with Mehdi and Castan.Tin/Romagnoli will be loaned out and Toloi and Bastos will be sent back.But it's impossible, that'll require a lot of money and we can't spend that much amount in only 1 department.

6. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    lmao, CB is not something you would wanna rotate. midfield yes, offense yes. but if you have a successful backline such as we do who have a good understanding with one another (Benatia + Castan), then you really wouldn't want to rotate anybody unless if they were tired/suspended/injured. plus, CB's also rarely get tired so they don't really need to be rested as often as midfielders/forwards

only 3 of Benatia/Castan/Vertoghen/Paletta will be needed for next season and the 4th CB can be 1 of Toloi/Jedvaj/Romagnoli/Antei

Antei's form has dipped recently so i'm not so sure about him anymore. i'd probably want to keep Romagnoli because he can fill in as emergency LB with relative ease

7. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Yes @schnix.May be, but they can't play every 3 day.

8. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do not send out Romagnoli , anywhere.
    he's that kind of player , he doesn't need experience , he's already a veteran.

schnix repped this.
  9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Honestly think we're looking at a top CB right now because Rudi wants to play a 3 CB system in some games next year, especially domestically.

10. ASRomaPress

ASRomaPress New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma

Lol, then stop posting our stories here, chach.

11. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Center backs can play more games than other players because they usually don't need to run quite as much.

12. ASRomaPress

ASRomaPress New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #Too #Stupid #To #Realize #We're #Just #Translating #A #Story #An #Italian #Outlet #Reported

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -----------------Totti---Destro
    Dodo-Strootman-De Rossi-Pjanic-Maicon
    -------Vertonghen-Castan-Benatia

I'm normally against 3 man back lines but that would be pretty damn strong.

14. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ever heard of the expression, you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar?

15. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think there are going to be a lot more changes to the XI than adding a piece at the back line. It's going to be a busy busy busy transfer period, cannot wait to see what the boys have in store. They clearly have a plan with Rudi having a powerful voice.

16. ASRomaPress

ASRomaPress New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was worth the laugh -- not fretting over a guy from a FORUM who doesn't like what we do.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just advice, handling this so defensively will not help you or your site grow.

wm72 repped this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Christ tell me about it. I hated my teammates. Still do.

Palletta would be a great purchase. He's good, I didn't believe it until I saw him play an azzurri match so well.

19. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't bother with rumours linking Roma with Spurs. It's a waste of time.

20. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think we'll see something like this if it all works out:

Destro
    Shaqiri--------------Gervinho
    Strootman-Pjanic
    Rodriguez----------------------Stanton
    Castan-Vert-Medhi
    Scuffet

Bench: MDS, Romangoli, Toro, DDR, Radja, Totti, Ljajic, ​

21. ASRomaPress

ASRomaPress New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not worried about it, it was a good laugh.

22. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    its all just banter to get a good laugh out of the lads. i actually read up from your website from time to time

its just funny to see you guys flock over here to defend yourselves

23. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know about that. At the beginning of the season Milan was looking at him and Parma came out with a ridiculous valuation of 35m or something. So Parma have had him in high regard for a while.

I believe I read it on football italia's website, but i could only find a link from Goal.
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t...told-to-stump-up-35-million-euros-for-paletta

24. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Wow, why are you even on here if you will act like a 13 yo? Worst marketing ever, read your site sometimes, but didnt know it was run by amateurs

25. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    #3000 schnix, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    we're all romanisti here, including the guys from asromapress, no need to turn against each other

anyway, back on topic, when is the CL group stage draw? is it before or after the transfer window? i hope it's before so we can see who our opponents are before we make any big purchases. if we draw Bayern, PSG, and Liverpool (which is a possibility), then i wouldnt mind buying a big name striker like Mandzukic or Benzema to get us out of the group stages and progress further and a better 3rd choice CB to complement Benatia/Castan

but if we get lucky and draw Benfica, Shakhtar, and Olympiakos, i'd rather give Destro/Antei/Jedvaj/Romagnoli the minutes