Timothy Chandler at FC Nürnberg [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yikes, a bit harsh.......

Teams have absolutely zero patience with coaches these days.

2. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Is it Braunschweig?

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    We're not going down, so that's a moot point.

4. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    If the media are to be believed Verbeeks crap man management skills caught up with him. And he lost 8 of the last 9 games with a terrible goal difference.

5. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps FC Nürnberg took a playbook from Norwich City and Fulham FC when they made their managerial changes with now five and twelve Premier League matchdays to go respectively. So, the the German football club hit the panic button.

6. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    USA All DAY repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Verbeek must have crazy bad haliotosis or something.

8. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is BS. Firing Verbeek isn't going to solve anything. Nurnberg have much deeper problems.

Ultimately, the Bundesliga isn't about money or anything like that; the Bundesliga is about management. The successful teams have good youth academies, good administration, good decisions makers. Success is fostered. The teams that get relegated are either recently promoted, or poorly managed and administered for years. Hamburg and Stuttgart are prime examples of never ending poor management.

Unfortunately, Nurnberg just haven't had a vision over the last few years. They're a great club with great fans and almost everyone wants them in the Bundesliga, but they haven't done the particularly shrewd business that's required of Bundesliga clubs, especially those with few resources.

9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    perhaps not, but it is a little disconcerting that he got fired at Az when he was doing ok, if not great, and now this, means he is certainly not able to charm management.

10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this sucks, i really thought they had turned a corner too. They just got back in the green and could have started to establish themselves again in the top flight.

11. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Bundesliga relegation isn't quite as bad as EPL relegation. The financial difference between the tiers just isn't quite as large. Also, since so many 2 BL teams are struggling with finances (overspending, mismanagement), I expect Nurnberg will be one of the better teams in the 2BL if they get relegated. Of course they will have RB Leipzig to contend with.

12. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    ARGH

13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they allow RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga if they make it?

As a RB New York fan, I am worried that Red Bull will stop spending money on us if they get a Bundesliga team. Although maybe they'll sell then...

14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1789 m vann, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    That should be allowed. RB doesn't actually stand for Red Bull. IIRC, to comply with the DBF's restrictions on corporate sponsorships in the names of clubs, they renamed the team RB. I can't quite remember what the R is for but the B stands for ballsport. I think German law, specifically for 1st and 2nd Bundesliga clubs, prohibits corporations owning a majority (51%) of clubs and I think RB Leipzip is now (or will be) split up evenly between a consortium and Red Bull.

15. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    The R stands for Rasen. So Rasenballsport. Yes, really. I also think that RB New York will have little to worry about. RB Salzburg on the other hand...there are already rumours that Red Bull plan on having Salzburg as a feeder club to Leipzig.

Also, Red Bull have made quite sure that RB Leipzig conforms to the laws. If I recall correctly, the 50+1 shares are owned by the club, whose members, surprise, are all made up of Red Bull employees and with punitative high hurdles for new members. Question is if they will force them to relax those hurdles...

Deeneaus repped this.
  16. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's rasenballsport, which translate to "lawn ball sport." Keep in mind Bundesliga 2 and Bundesliga 1 are the same entity. So Leipzig have already applied for a Bundesliga license and I assume they've already received it. Without a massive collapse, RB Leipzig will play in the Bundesliga 2 next season. No one knows how they'll perform. I'm not sure if they'll be promotion contenders or not.

It sucks that corporatism is bleeding it's way into the sport, but it will be nice to have an east German team in the Bundesliga 1 for the first time in a while. It's crazy how difficult it's been for east German teams.

Yeah, I think they view RBNY as a potential big team as MLS grows. They're looking far into the future, like far enough where MLS is bigger than the Bundesliga.

17. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Just popped into the RB Leipzig forum on transfermarkt, and it seem like RB Leipzig will indeed have to lower the hurdles for new members and change the board as there are too many Red Bull employees there if they want the second division licence.

18. USA All DAY

USA All DAY Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler possibly being back this weekend could be huge for the USMNT. I'm hoping for a good return. The rb spot is wide open. I would love to have a backline of this:
    Chandler Cameron Besler Johnson

19. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One last thing about Leipzig. It's the largest metropolitan region in Germany without a team. All of the regions of similar size have Bundesliga teams. The biggest metropilitan region is obviously the Rhine-Rhur (Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Gladbach, Köln), the second is Berlin (Hertha BSC), the third is Frankfurt (Eintract and Mainz), then Stuttgart (VfB Stuttgart), then Munich (Bayern), and then Leipzig/Dresden (no Bundesliga teams). Hamburg and Hannover/Wolfsburg are smaller than the Leipzig/Dresden region. So the Leipzig area is definitely deserving of a team to support based on population.

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dresden is still chillin in their relegation playoff niche.......I hope Nurenburg can get there, if there are two teams in germany that love a good old fashion relegation playoff it is those two.

21. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I reckon unless FCN turns it around them and Kaiserslautern will probably be the usual suspects, with a third team that surprises. Theres always one. Dusseldorf, Karlsruher, St Pauli. Im still surprised Augsburg, Mainz, and Freiburg are all up and doing as well as they are. I know most of the BL regular folks had them written for dead when they came up, especially Augsburg.

22. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @icebreaker , do you think Nürnberg will keep Chandler if they get relegated?

23. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    I doubt that MLS will ever be bigger than the Bundesliga - at least not in the next 100 years. But if MLS continues to grow in the US, RB`s investment should pay off.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For what Nuremburg? 3 of those players don't even play for Nuremburg man...Check your facts before you post

25. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seriously doubt this. I'd say next 25 years at the longest. When the MLS is as popular as the NHL in the US and Canada, it will likely be as big as the Bundesliga (at least in terms of revenue). MLS wouldn't have to be even half as popular as the NBA to be one of the top leagues in the world. That's why investors are climbing over each other to get in, paying upwards of $100 million for just the franchise. But this is getting way off topic.

Point is, RB is in NY for the investment. They're looking 25 years down the road.

Footsatt and Werdman89 repped this.