Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I like Dunga, I wouldn't call him inexperienced though. If you can "manage" the Brazilian NT and all those personalities you're off to a good start. He would be a decent choice and I think he would ultimately be very good if given some time and appropriate resources but Man Utd need someone with a bit more cache at this point.

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think that's a fair comparison. I am assuming thats Jose talking about Spurs after a PL game, and in a league game where every game matters, parking the bus is basically giving up on two extra points. A knockout game with two legs on the other hand differs completely. Here the main target is to qualify and not to win games, and winning while conceding could be a negative thing compared to how winning 10-9 or 10-0 makes no difference in the league. It's annoying hearing coaches and players complain about playing styles in either case, I will agree to that, but IMO that comment you posted isn't hypocritical.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who the ******** suggested Dunga for the Man U job? They need slapping.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It is hypocritical because he makes it seem as if he cares about fan entertainment when he gives two shits about it. And lets not pretend he hasn't gone into the Camp Nou and parked the bus in a league game either.

Minduchio, MadridFan22304 and Akramzizou repped this.
  6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He coached Brazil NT, how is that for experience. Thats a top level job unlike managing a mid table club like Everton.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Oh boy! Because managing a NT every couple of months sure beats managing a club on a daily basis. The dude hasn't even coached in Europe FFS. While you're at it, why not just go for Seedorf.

8. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Wasn't the first leg, but it's still an example:

9. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    He is not good enough for Swansea. Their fans couldn't wait to get rid of him!

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perfect for ManUtd then.

raven3k and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  11. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laudrup is good for 1 strong season, then he collapses.

12. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. Ask Chelsea how Scolari turned out and he won Brazil a World Cup and coached some of the very best footballers on the planet.

Lol @ Dunga being coach.

13. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Terry is always hurt for a reason

15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Sucks man, feel terrible for the guy.

Aimar 21, Zidane05, Tobias19 and 3 others repped this.
  16. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7566 MadridOzil, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  17. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    only reason i was watching Atletico-Chelsea on tuesday! more more injuries! :D

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Januzaj chose Belgium. Good for him, it was the best choice for him but people around here are going apeshit crazy about his choice. calling him a traitor etc. LOL

20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will never understand this mentality. Wasn't he born and raised in Belgium? It'd be completely strange to me for someone to tell me I should represent my parents' homeland rather than my own.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a different situation. His family migrated to Belgium due to political reasons. People are just mad Albania lost a chance to have a good player in their ranks.

He also considers himself and Albanian, not a Belg (sp?), but it's much better playing for Belgium than for Albania, career wise. TBF I still don't see a reason to call him a traitor though, but i understand why people are angry. I've been reading about it today, and it seems that the people are split 50/50 about his choice.

People also wanted him to choose Kosovo/Albania to set a precedent for other players, many of these players were born during the 1998-99 crisis when their families were immigrants in other countries.

This was the potential Kosovo (not Albania) representation:

[​IMG]

22. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It can go either way depending on the person, I personally would find it very strange if someone who is born to French parents for example, in London, goes around calling themselves English because they're born within England's borders. That's completely bizarre.

I myself am very disappointed in Adnan's decision, however he obviously didn't own anything to Kosovo and therefore calling him a traitor is wrong, but it's very disappointing non the less. There will be someone one day who will set this trend in the favour of Kosovo, Adnan had the opportunity and it's a shame.

23. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Adnan was born and raised in Belgium and played in a Belgium club until he was 16. Of course he feels closer to Belgium than Kosovo.

I can really understand his decision, its like Ibrahimovic for Sweden.

24. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Depends on the situation. In the case of Bosnia, similar to Kosovo, much of the team was born in a different country or grew up somewhere else, but considering the circumstances (war, ethnic cleansing) and the fact that BiH is a poor country and not a successful sports nation, the players just felt compelled to play for Bosnia. Ibisevic and Begovic could have easily played for the United States and Canada respectively, but they didn't, for instance.

25. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I saw on twitter that his father told kosovo TV that once UEFA & FIFA accept Kosovo as a member, Adnan will switch and play for Kosovo.

Zlatan actually got rejected by Bosnia. His father set up a meeting with the Bosnia FA when Zlatan was 18-19 and they didn't think he was good enough at the time for a call up, so he went on to play for Sweden. This has been confirmed by his father and the former FA members who were at the meeting.

temesgen repped this.