Erik Palmer-Brown to Juventus

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Clint Eastwood, Jan 27, 2014.

1. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Based on the video it looks like he controlled his position with ease. I definitely would like to see him against better competition,he almost seemed to be free styling.

stonejh127 repped this.
  2. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Impressed with his passing out of the back

3. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think you are being a little too harsh, yes, he didn't look tidy enough but he is learning.

4. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. He almost looked to be coasting through the game at times as he was never really challenged. My biggest takeaway from watching him was his burst to the ball. His first few steps to close down attackers are very quick.

5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sorry. Not intended to be directed at you. Didn't know you took this stuff or edited it. Just thought video didn't capture his talent. Again thanks, not trying to rip on you.

genom repped this.
  6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Not trying to be. I like to watch full 90 minutes. Not trying to make any definitive statements. That was my point that I failed to convey.

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Here's the latest from Alfredo Pedullà (translated from Italian):

Exclusive: the latest on Palmer-Brown and Juventus

The next week should be the right one in defining the final details for defender Erik Palmer-Brown’s transfer to Juventus. As we have reported in the past, the Bianconeri have gained a significant advantage by now to overcome Sporting Kansas City’s resistance.

The formula will allow Palmer-Brown to remain in the States until reaching the age of 18 (as he is a non-EU citizen) with the possibility of spending training stints in Italy in order to facilitate his adjustment to the new environment. A new contract is expected between the clubs in the next few days which will put the final details in order.

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/41810-esclusiva-palmer-brown-e-la-juve-le-ultime

Winoman repped this.
  8. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    In the discussion about the U20 and U21 teams Tab Ramos was asked which U20 players at the Dallas Cup had improved their stock. He mentioned Rubio Rubin, and then had this to say about EPB:
    "The other one I would have to say right off the bat is how quickly Erik Palmer-Brown adapted to playing two full years up—which is extremely difficult. So I brought him in as a backup right back for the last camp just to try him a little bit and give him an opportunity as a younger player. I ended up playing him at center back, where he was excellent. Then actually gave him an opportunity to play center mid because I thought he was so good and I just really wanted to test him. It really didn’t have to do with the team, it didn’t have to do with us winning the semifinal game, it purely had to do with me trying to see how much he can give because I truly felt like I had him at two positions and I felt that he could give even more. He really impressed me and is definitely somebody we want to keep around because I think we certainly are barely scratching the surface with Erik Palmer-Brown."

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/tab-ramos-discusses-the-u-20-and-u-21-strategies

9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is he a righty or lefty?

10. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hype train just kicked into 3rd gear.

11. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The hype train began the moment Juventus expressed interest.

12. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. But Ramos is usually pretty reserved about his comments about players. That quote about EPB has me pretty excited.

13. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palmer initially playing right back? What the hell Ramos? Thank god you changed your mind.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The twittersphere is thinking the Miazga-EPB partnership might be the best CB combo the U20s have ever had. I saw Brian Sciaretta post that the other day, and many agree.

From my viewing of the two players (which is admittedly limited) I'd say EPB is well advanced of Tommy Redding right now. That's not to say Redding doesn't have potential. I just think if one of the two is going to "play up" a cycle its going to be EPB.

15. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    I get these guys mixed up but it was either Reding or Turner who was rated higher in the recent Spain tournament, correct?

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Hopefully the Vermes comments slowed the hype train a bit. It seemed pretty clear (though who knows what he'll actually do) that EPB might see time, but that's different from throwing him into the regular rotation for significant time.

17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Redding played in that tournament, Turner did not. Its hard to say who was 'rated higher' because judging talent and a youth player's gameplay is not a scientific formula and is very much in the eye of the beholder.

22SteveD repped this.
  18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    EPB struggled at DM for the one game he played Fluminese. He's no doubt a very good CB prospect and may develop into a more diverse player. My take is he doesn't play DM very often particularly vs that level of opponent. He struggled with his footwork and passing angles which is totally different than CB. He struggled with receiving the ball facing goal then figuring out his feet with pressure to then face away from goal to link up with his CM and Forwards. Gave ball away too much in center of park. He flowed and had much better rhythm in his 45 minute second half performance vs River Plate from CB.

19. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    EPB was the hottest name among the scouts at DC.

20. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

I agree..that was why I was responding to Clint's comment that" From my viewing of the two players (which is admittedly limited) I'd say EPB is well advanced of Tommy Redding right now. It was Redding who received the highest accolades. I just couldn't remember if it was him or Turner. It's all good, the more the merrier.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  21. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Maybe the should talk to SUDano. I also have to agree with the Redding commits. Saw him at many practices but in only4 games which was 4 to many.

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Interesting to hear why you have this take on Redding. I have to admit I can't remember too much from what I saw on Redding but if memory serves me well it wasn't so negative. Would love to see both of them together for comparitive analysis.

23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He definately deserves the hot prospect label. He has alot of potential. I only emphasized the 48 minutes I saw him vs a very good team playing 2 yrs up at a new position he wasn't comfortable with. I can separate the skill vs the form and specifics for a single game.

usry723 repped this.
  24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    BTW.................we should say Happy Birthday to Erik Palmer-Brown today.
    It's his 17th birthday.

So the one-year clock for a Europe move starts today.

Gorky repped this.