The Senate

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Revolt, Feb 11, 2008.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Michigan ad might work. The Dem needs to get specific about her stance on certain issues, and have a few "woman on the street" ads putting a human face on the legislation.
    ??? Why is it shocking?

2. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Because Tillis hasn't been polling anywhere close to 40%. With the NCCivitas poll showing him at 39% and 19% undecided, even taking into account margin of error, Brannon could take more than 3/4 of the remaining undecideds and still lose.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, you meant the MARGIN, not the VICTOR, was shocking.

OK, I'll buy that. The MOE was 5.1%, which is pretty high. And I think that means that 95% of the time, they're right +/- 5%. Either Tillis has serious momentum, or this poll is one of the 5% of outliers, not one of the 95% within the norm.

4. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Conventional wisdom all along has been that Tillis and Brannon were heading to a money-draining, candidate-weakening runoff. By needing only 40% to avoid a runoff, Tillis has to be thrilled if he really is that close to 40% already with so many still undecided.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The Reeps have done immeasurable damage to NC, people will catch on soon.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People have not caught on in Indiana, so sounds like hopeful thinking on your part.

7. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I don't think that's entirely true. Indiana's failure, for example, to do the Medicaid expansion will have pretty negative effects for them. NC is a bit more purple than IN, but both will have a bit of blue rebound once Obama is out.

8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Undecideds end up following the rest of the voting population, they just decide to do so at the last moment.

In the majority of presidential elections, they split roughly 50/50.

9. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You are saying because nagin and blanco messed up the response the republicans benefited from it. Not really Louisiana was already swinging to the republicans in 2000 win GWB won it comfortably and again when he took it in 04. It has taken longer for republicans to take over it locally but now they are in complete control. Landrieu will just be collateral damage in this shift.

10. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A blue rebound in Indiana no way. Obama barley winning Indiana was once in a lifetime event for dems. They are never winning Indiana for a long time. NC is a true purple state he lost NC in 12 because of lower turnout in the research triangle and a lower vote total for him in eastern NC.

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I am not saying that.

I'm saying many, many black people moved out of Nawlins and never came back.

PS...It's cute how you let Bush off the hook there. And by "cute" I mean hilariously obvious and weak.

12. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I can only guess that you're sampling a bit of the barley yourself.

American Brummie repped this.
  13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well sounds to me that that is where a lot of the sampling regarding Indiana is coming from.

I will be shocked if Indiana goes Blue for Hilary.

14. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    It wouldn't go Blue for Hilldog (and nobody ever said it would). That said, with any luck, she won't be the candidate. It's quite possible that the Reeps will lose the governorship, Indy's mayoral seat, and a congressional seat though.

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really should not talk shit about Indiana; we are probably going to have a Republican Governor here in Illinois pretty soon.

Democrats that want to run for Governor in 2018 have the knives out for Quinn.

16. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    True with the demographic shift. Bush was just as fault and even more then both nagin and blanco I meant local fault. Bush is a boob and his presidency tanked and rightfully after katrina.

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Indiana is red state country.

18. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Sure, I'll defer to your knowledge of the state. I'm sure you're an expert on the political happenings here.

American Brummie repped this.
  19. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  20. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
  21. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What the governorship, a congressional seat and the mayoral job of Indianapolis?? Well Indianpolis is a Democratic city so they should naturally have a democratic mayor guess they are just underperforming. What makes you think Pence will lose his job. He is really conservative and win by only 3 points but let's see if the Ds can knock him off in 2016. Picking a congressional seat big deal you should have a couple In your state anyway.

22. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    That isn't so much moving the goalposts as it is packing them up and leaving with them.

crazypete13 repped this.
  23. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Indinia is a consistently republican state however not a crazy republican state like Oklahoma or Tennessee. Hence a nut job like murdouck losing to a moderate dem like Donnelley can and does happen. However the margin for error for dems in your state isn't large. Even a nut like Murdock got 44% statewide so their is a well entrenched conservative base in the state.

24. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Go on, this is enlightening and deep stuff. Someone should hire you.

25. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dems are shit in Indiana your done