Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know Mourinho isn't liked here, but he did develop this strategy to counter Tiki kaka. Give credit where it's due.

Carlo did make a few small changes though.

nicafornica and jeremy123 repped this.
  2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I particularly like how our players are no longer under instruction to boot the shit out of Barça anymore.

3. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Mourinho way is trash and his overly predictable/defensive line ups can go F them selves all the way to Stamford Bridge.

4. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed but lord knows they deserved every bit of it.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  6. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Dear diary, today I learned that Jose Mourinho was the original inventor of defensive, counter-attacking football, not the Italians' catenaccio 70 years ago.

7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did any one see the pic of Fabregas making fun of Busquets head stomp on Pepe? That team is a disgrace

[​IMG]

8. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm going out on a limb here but I think football was a little bit different 70 years ago.

9. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahaha what a bunch of wankers.

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Mou developed a strategy to counter tiki taka but nothing else, that was his biggest problem. The only "big" game he could win was Barca in his tenure which on balance was disappointing.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the small, aforementioned, changes.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Spot fckin on.

Oh the genious Mou, the big prodigy who implemented revolutionary plan of parking the bus to counter tiki-taka. Yes he deserves a medal, for making Real Madrid to play in such way. Massive rep+.

And Ancelotti he is Italian, he does it better. But its still a crappy ass unwatchable bunker.

13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    The point is that defensive counterattacking is not new.

There is some serious revisionism going on here, Mourinho was 5-6-6 against Barcelona while he was here. Maybe he got a bit better as his tenure went on, but he certainly wasn't some conquering hero of Barcelona and tiki-taka.

Bear Crotch and janos audron repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the difference between Mou and Carlo, so far, has been that Carlo appears to be more flexible in his tactics, he did show that flexibility a little late (like his 90 min subs), but better late than never.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Show me one team that did it successfully against Barcas pure tiki taka team of the past 10 years, before Mourinho did it with Inter

Also lol at comparing the 70 year old catenaccio with Mourinhos tactics or even the modern Catenaccio.

16. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who said he invented anything? He sure has popularised it recently though.

Ancelotti has used the same tactics Mourinho used previously to counter tiki taka. Tactics that all of you used against Mourinho in the past. :D now you love it! Hilarious!

Same for Ancelotti then too?...no didn't think so. :D
    Ancelotti has been very very poor against the big teams before this week. Why? His laughable tactics. He has changed that now and is implemented a more "mourinho approach" which is working beautifully. Well done Carlo!

Oh Mourinho beat Bayern at home too....

17. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    #1067 mymy33, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    I'm not saying he was some conquering hero I was simply going with the sentiment in the post I but his record against the Cules his last season and a half was pretty good but he did become very good at beating them. Again the issue was he was good at little else though.

18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I don't understand, you're asking who beat Barcelona between 2004-2009? Also, Inter won ONE GAME against Barcelona. They won the tie by one goal. Well done to them and I was happy to see it, but don't oversell the victory.

Well what exactly is Ancelotti copying other than the very basic principles of an organized, disciplined defense and counter-attacking? Different formation. Much different midfield (Modric in place of Khedira/Pepe). And less dirty violent fouls.

Bear Crotch and natenate101 repped this.
  19. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For the record I said that Mou made the blueprint for beating "tiki taka" (this term has lost all it's meaning btw).

As for PremEjac4life's views regarding Carlo I would just like to say that I don't don't agree at all mainly because I don't want to be known as the new guy who agrees with PremEjac4life.

Subtractam repped this.
  20. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel an ejaculation coming your way....

Welcome to the forum :)

21. madridi92

madridi92 Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Although I have to admit Mourinho is great when it comes to tactics, the fact of the matter is we relied on counter attacks too much. Its one thing to counter attack Barca and Bayern, thats something that is arguably enforced on you because of the fact they focus on retaining possession of the ball. Its another thing when we rely principally on counter attacking against teams like Betis and Villareal, with all due respect. It worked really well for one season when we won the league, then we were found out the next season and we ended up in a huge mess.

Another thing, do you really think that we would be seeing the likes of Isco, Jese, Illara and others on the team if he was in charge? The fact that Isco has turned in an absolutely brilliant shift in the last two games is credit to Carlo and the trust he has in his players to adapt and become tactically flexible.

22. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not worth discussing it if you can't admit that Carlo copied the tactics that Mourinho used against Barca. It's not about who is the better coach, they are both all time greats, but Carlo tried out different tactics in other big games and failed. After that he turned to the simpler, but a tactic that fits us better, the tactic that Mourinho used successfully against tiki taka.

I don't really care about that, i am just glad Carlo proved he can adapt and be flexible. Mourinho did neither of those things.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  24. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fairly stated, I dont think we need to bash Mou (even though I dont like him) in order to appreciate Ancelotti.

Eddie repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern players totally confident in the press, same with Guardiola, all of them give the impression that it's going to be a cake walk for them. Rummenigge: "The game in Munich is going to be hell for Real Madrid."

I hope they keep talking and talking, convincing themselves that it will be very very easy.